November 24, 2017, 06:19:43 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 20940 times)

blueToffee, col the blue, indiantoffee1975, boothill, BlueMaquis, chang, Ramjam and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.

November 06, 2017, 11:46:31 AM
Reply #450

Bluedylan

Been given a nightmare of a situation to handle. Buzzing he got that win. Think the expectations of him on here have been unrealistic, personally.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

deCoubertin

November 06, 2017, 01:37:45 PM
Reply #451

therealdunc

1 win out of 4, time to go back to the kids team or get some real experience of football management elsewhere and prove he is up to the Everton job
Blue

November 06, 2017, 02:09:56 PM
Reply #452

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just donít understand why the best shape and therefore performance we played (Chelsea second half) wasnít attempted to be repeated?

I didnít see that game but Iíve heard this a few times, what was the set up?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 06, 2017, 02:13:45 PM
Reply #453

Hawkandro

Just wait until Jags is back.  You won't even have to see the ball go back to Pickford for it to be hooofed nowhere

A Jag's cross-field ball post kick-off is always a winner.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 06, 2017, 02:16:23 PM
Reply #454

Hawkandro

https://twitter.com/JimWhite/status/927273843454038017

https://twitter.com/JimWhite/status/927448296288866305

1) As much as I want Rhino to succeed - and I fancied him to do so - these last 4 games have shown we need someone with more experience, at this time.
2) I cannot believe we are still looking at shortlists and are not closing in/about to announce the new manager. This is the ideal time now, with the International break in place.
3) Should we forget about Moshiri's statement appointment then? Looks like it.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 06, 2017, 02:23:12 PM
Reply #455

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I didnít see that game but Iíve heard this a few times, what was the set up?

Nothing extraordinary really, but started with a 433 which was solid but isolated the front 3 as the CMs were ďflatĒ.

Second half Davies was pushed forward a bit, so more 4231, and the distances between players was much better and enabled better control of the ball etc. leading to decent open play chances.

November 06, 2017, 02:57:23 PM
Reply #456

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Nothing extraordinary really, but started with a 433 which was solid but isolated the front 3 as the CMs were ďflatĒ.

Second half Davies was pushed forward a bit, so more 4231, and the distances between players was much better and enabled better control of the ball etc. leading to decent open play chances.

Natural wide players or tucked in? Lookman or anyone on the pitch? Who was up top, Oumar and Dom?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 06, 2017, 03:04:14 PM
Reply #457

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

I'd like to see Unsworth stay on and support the new manager, as an assistant coach - everyone loves Unsie, and he knows the club inside out, so he would be ideal to have on our management bench, even if a new man brings his entire new staff in. So someone like Tommy Tuchel (and his chosen team of staff, as most of ours really are shit coaches) working with Unsie would be my choice.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 03:06:02 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

November 06, 2017, 03:07:08 PM
Reply #458

Jamokachi

The thing with those Jim White tweets.. of course Moshiri/the board are going to say Unsworth is on the shortlist, even if he isn't. It does moral and Unsworth's reputation (remember he has another job at the club that demands respect from the players) no good if they were to come out and say "nah, he doesn't cut the mustard for us". Take it with a huge heap of salt.

November 06, 2017, 03:30:54 PM
Reply #459

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Natural wide players or tucked in? Lookman or anyone on the pitch? Who was up top, Oumar and Dom?

No was Rooney as 9, Lennon right, Mirallas... left.

Subs moved Rooney to 10, DCL to 9 with Davies moving back to where McCarthy had been; and then swapped Lennon for Lookman.

Last 10 mins went two up front with Niasse but we lost control of the game then as the gaps were back between midfield and attack.

One interesting thing is that McCarthy played much better than Gueye has recently which may have influenced the control a bit.

November 06, 2017, 03:35:55 PM
Reply #460

Waltzer

I'd like to see Unsworth stay on and support the new manager, as an assistant coach - everyone loves Unsie, and he knows the club inside out, so he would be ideal to have on our management bench, even if a new man brings his entire new staff in. So someone like Tommy Tuchel (and his chosen team of staff, as most of ours really are shit coaches) working with Unsie would be my choice.

This is a negative and a positive though, yes Unsie does know loads about the club, players, staff, fans expectations etc. Is this a good thing? Does he know what good looks like, he is also very pally with lots of people at the club that have failed to deliver over numerous years, nearly decades. My own views are that the club needs a big overhaul and getting a fresh pair of eyes a fresh approach with a clear out, almost from top to bottom is whats required. If Moshiri is serious he needs to do a review of all management for the failings at the club, we keep changing managers but certain things remain the same and its that, thats holding us back.
I do think having him on board would be good for the fan base, but in my eyes once the review was done by Moshiri the only connection between Unsie would be the fans as most of the people we has a connection with wouldnt be around.

November 06, 2017, 03:37:39 PM
Reply #461

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

At the moment, I cant fit Rooney, Sig, Schneiderlin or Kev into the squad.

Pickford

Keane ----- Jagielka
Kenny ------------------------------------- Baines

Gana or Banger or McCarthy

Davies
Lennon ------------------------------------- Vlasic

Niasse ----- DCL

Swapping Kenny for Coleman, and adding Bolasie to the rotation of that front 4 when they come in, wouldnt change it either on current form.

November 06, 2017, 03:38:02 PM
Reply #462

Macca77

The commentator on the stream I was watching kept saying the appointment of a new manager will be made within days

November 06, 2017, 04:33:40 PM
Reply #463

SANA_DR0

We dont need to rush into a new manager, Let Unsworth continue temporarily until its sorted, give him a few more games.. i'd give him to the transfer window,

he got the old Everton back :D
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

November 06, 2017, 04:35:52 PM
Reply #464

di_guyo

At the moment, I cant fit Rooney, Sig, Schneiderlin or Kev into the squad.

Pickford

Keane ----- Jagielka
Kenny ------------------------------------- Baines

Gana or Banger or McCarthy

Davies
Lennon ------------------------------------- Vlasic

Niasse ----- DCL

Swapping Kenny for Coleman, and adding Bolasie to the rotation of that front 4 when they come in, wouldnt change it either on current form.

Lookman? Would be the first winger on the sheet for me, based on yesterday and the other cameos he's had. Great turn, awareness and a wonderful ball yesterday....Lennon would never have done that.
Everton & Atleti