November 19, 2017, 01:50:31 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 16659 times)

gizzblue (+ 1 Hidden) and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

November 06, 2017, 08:54:59 PM
Reply #480

Waltzer

he put  everything on Giroud, never a good idea, and i would rather pay some cold hard cash for a decent defender, who would then make coleman play for his place, than a cheap and cheerful limited player.  as I said, we spent money on players we didn't need and failed to get those we did. either way. nothing DU could do about that, but RK had the option to change plans before the window shut. no comparison really?

Okay if thats your belief thats fine. Koeman stated he wanted Giroud, but also confirmed the board felt the 2nd, 3rd and 4th options were too expensive (I bet they look cheap now). If you think spending money on a right back to compete when we have 1 of the best in the league/Europe is the correct way forward then who am I to argue with competition for places, but considering they wouldn't fork out for a striker we desperately needed, I think I know what the boards response might have been.

The other points you raised about signing players we dont need kind of back up my point about a complete overhaul, why was this allowed to happen, if true? And I fail to see how Koeman could change his plans before the window shut, name me 1 manager in world football that could change their plans to go into the hardest league in the world without a recognised striker?

deCoubertin

November 06, 2017, 11:36:26 PM
Reply #481

therealdunc

Pleased to find out Unsworth isnít getting the job.

He failed his trial and IMO would be better off going into the lower leagues or non league to get some real experience of managing a proper first team if he wants to be a premier league football manager
Blue

November 06, 2017, 11:58:22 PM
Reply #482

sirblue57

He failed his trial and IMO would be better off going into the lower leagues or non league to get some real experience of managing a proper first team if he wants to be a premier league football manager
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 06, 2017, 11:58:55 PM
Reply #483

sirblue57

Why?
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 07, 2017, 12:44:29 AM
Reply #484

boothill

Works with a better class of player in u23s, how many non or lower league managers have become a success ?

November 07, 2017, 12:48:24 AM
Reply #485

everton1952

Not fair to say he "failed his trial". I agree he should not be given the job. But how did he fail? Guardiola would not have done much in that space of time with that squad.

November 07, 2017, 12:49:25 AM
Reply #486

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think heís shown some really impressive signs.

I also think heís not ready for this job and itíd be suicidal on our part.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 07, 2017, 12:49:51 AM
Reply #487

D15TIN

Pleased to find out Unsworth isn’t getting the job.

his trial consisted of 1 day to prepare for Chelsea away, then trips to Leicester and lyon with a team with 0 confidence, he probably won his only real winnable game.

November 07, 2017, 12:55:39 AM
Reply #488

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
his trial consisted of 1 day to prepare for Chelsea away, then trips to Leicester and lyon with a team with 0 confidence, he probably won his only real winnable game.

Would you say those other games were...expected losses?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 07, 2017, 01:02:55 AM
Reply #489

everton1952

Frankly yes, they were expected losses against better sides, and  Realdunc should  pause and take a breath before he launches into "he has failed his trial". Do not get me wrong, I do not want Unsie to get the job, but fairness and a balanced viewpoint would help.

November 07, 2017, 06:38:25 AM
Reply #490

Thomas

I thought his subs vs Watford where sensible, whilst his passion on the touchline is a breath of fresh air.

Jury's out on keeping him in the hot seat though.

November 08, 2017, 12:55:00 AM
Reply #491

SANA_DR0

give Unsworth til Jan, if he;s done well let him spend some dosh, if not, bring in Tuchel or Silva.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

November 08, 2017, 01:31:22 AM
Reply #492

Normm

His subs for the Watford match were spot on and his decision to leave out players who have shown a negative attitude in training sessions has shown good ability to take tough managerial decisions.

Take time to watch the post match interviews and no one should doubt the respect those players have for the man. At this moment, I think we should allow him longer and give Unsy and the team our full support. The spirit in the team at the end of the match is something we need to carry forward.

That was an epic show of character and enthusiasm! Kudos to Unsy for helping to inspire the come back and lift morale at the club.

November 08, 2017, 01:57:15 AM
Reply #493

kramer0

Revisit the tactics from the second half of the Chelsea match? Maybe.

Keep chopping and changing? No thanks.

November 08, 2017, 03:08:55 AM
Reply #494

Fynci

give Unsworth til Jan, if he;s done well let him spend some dosh, if not, bring in Tuchel or Silva.

I think we'll limp through to January whoever is in charge of the club. The sad thing is that if it is Unsworth, and he does indeed step back to the U23's in January, then his time at the helm may be viewed poorly. If we're going to give Unsworth a shot then it should be until the end of the season. If we can't do that then we need someone in ASAP, and start judging them at the end of January.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0