November 19, 2017, 01:07:24 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 17052 times)

October 24, 2017, 10:40:48 PM
Reply #60

Robioto

I think we should leave this obsession with the U-23's. There are none there that stand out better than what we've got in the senior squad, we just need to get the likes of Schneiderlin etc... pulling their finger out before we call up any more kids. We've got plenty of youth, we finished the Lyon match with 7 lads learning their trade, we don't need any more. 

I'm well aware of that. But Unsworth obviously knows his players better than anybody and might see something in one of his players that we are missing, which might suprise us.

Wishful thinking I know, but it's exciting thinking about the possibilities.

On the other side of things as you say with the 7 players already in the squad, it will be interesting to see how they react to Unsworth in charge of them again (or in the case of Pickford, Vlasic and Sandro, the first time).
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 10:43:33 PM by Robioto »

deCoubertin

October 24, 2017, 10:41:52 PM
Reply #61

everton1952

All this crap about Silva. Why would he leave Watford and come here? Read this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41710640

October 24, 2017, 11:00:38 PM
Reply #62

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
All this crap about Silva. Why would he leave Watford and come here? Read this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41710640

Because we're Everton.

October 24, 2017, 11:11:28 PM
Reply #63

april

Thanks for the link, just watched the press conference. Unsworth already comes across as more than a caretaker, even when compared to people who have done it at other clubs, who have gone on to become manager and ultimately fail (Shakespeare, for eg). Heís confident, respectful, intelligent, and very ambitious. Iíd be happy to see him given a few games to show the difference he can make.
Toffeegirls Rule.

October 24, 2017, 11:15:13 PM
Reply #64

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 24, 2017, 11:16:30 PM
Reply #65

everton1952

I think he already has that assurance, probably 4 games including Europe up to the Watford home game, then the international break when the club will decide.

October 24, 2017, 11:21:36 PM
Reply #66

youngysenior

Goosebumps watching his press conference. Would love him to be successful.

Sounds like Koemans backroom staff have gone as well?
Is big Dunc still there?

October 24, 2017, 11:25:41 PM
Reply #67

formerKHL

The more I think about it the more I think give it to Rhino till the end of the season and reassess then. If it works, happy days, extend. If it doesnt, make the call straight away and go for new man. Chances are by April we will know if his contract will be extended or not, If its looking like not then we can draw up a list. Marco Silva would be top of that list for me, but I am all for giving Rhino a go until May.
He deserves it. The players seem to love him and will play for him.
Why not.

The only problem with this is he can only have it for a maximum of 12 weeks coz he hasnít got the pro licence....if they wait the full 12 weeks is he good enough to get us outta trouble ? If heís not how long do they give him only to prove heís not good enough? Which due to our current position would deffo put us in a dire position and deffo relegation fight....
Hereís the dilemma...the longer into the 12 weeks we go and if it doesnít improve, our position gets worse and we still need a manager.....give him it and if it doesnít improve and ....we still need a new manager...
The pressure is really on both unsy and the board as he HAS to succeed no matter what the outcome job offer wise.....
FOR ME the better alternative is get an experienced man in ASAP iím Afraid.....rather than hope unsy succeeds...sorry...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 11:30:58 PM by formerKHL »

October 24, 2017, 11:29:57 PM
Reply #68

gizzblue

The only problem with this is he can only have it for a maximum of 12 weeks coz he hasn't got the pro licence....if they wait the full 12 weeks is he good enough to get us outta trouble ? If he's not how long do they give him only to prove he's not good enough? Which due to our current position would deffo put us in a dire position and deffo relegation fight....
Here's the dilemma...the longer into the 12 weeks we go and it doesn't improve, our position gets worse and we still need a manager.....give him it and it doesn't improve and ....we still need a new manager...
The pressure is really on both unsy and the board as he HAS to succeed no matter what the outcome job offer wise.....
FOR ME the better alternative is get an experienced man in ASAP i'm Afraid.....rather than hope unsy succeeds...sorry...
Isn't that why Joe Royals been brought in to oversee ,?.

October 24, 2017, 11:31:18 PM
Reply #69

Major Clanger

The only problem with this is he can only have it for a maximum of 12 weeks coz he hasnít got the pro licence...

He's had it for at least four years, if the newspaper reports at the time can be believed.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 24, 2017, 11:31:58 PM
Reply #70

formerKHL

Doesnít matter if unsy is the ďnamedĒ manager

October 24, 2017, 11:33:48 PM
Reply #71

formerKHL

He's had it for at least four years, if the newspaper reports at the time can be believed.

Tbh I donít think he has

October 24, 2017, 11:53:34 PM
Reply #73

Simon Paul

Administrator
when he went to Sheffield Wednesday I asked for an interview with him but could never get to the phone with him, so the club said to send the questions over and he'd answer them

he hand-wrote his answers.....

"Where has the sense of togetherness gone?"

"Fuck knows!"

https://twitter.com/nsno/status/922868222449373184

October 25, 2017, 12:00:48 AM
Reply #74

D15TIN

The only problem with this is he can only have it for a maximum of 12 weeks coz he hasnít got the pro licence....if they wait the full 12 weeks is he good enough to get us outta trouble ? If heís not how long do they give him only to prove heís not good enough? Which due to our current position would deffo put us in a dire position and deffo relegation fight....
Hereís the dilemma...the longer into the 12 weeks we go and if it doesnít improve, our position gets worse and we still need a manager.....give him it and if it doesnít improve and ....we still need a new manager...
FOR ME the better alternative is get an experienced man in ASAP iím Afraid.....rather than hope unsy succeeds...sorry...
Right ok - say we bring in ancellotti, nothing changes we remain bottom 3 and out the competitions- where do we go from there? We pay him off aswell? Unsworth KNOWS these players especially the U23s of which account for about 40% of this current squad, we need to grind results out now before we really end up in the shit, a foreign manager who doesn't understand everton or this squad may well take time to get going, we can't afford that at the minute.

BTW if the players want him that's massive.