November 22, 2017, 10:05:31 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 19263 times)

October 25, 2017, 01:45:42 AM
Reply #105

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
If he wins at Anfield then we should offer him a lifetime contract, any salary he wants.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

deCoubertin

October 25, 2017, 01:46:40 AM
Reply #106

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He comes across very well at least which is a good start

October 25, 2017, 01:57:16 AM
Reply #107

boothill

when he went to Sheffield Wednesday I asked for an interview with him but could never get to the phone with him, so the club said to send the questions over and he'd answer them

he hand-wrote his answers.....

"Where has the sense of togetherness gone?"

"Fuck knows!"

https://twitter.com/nsno/status/922868222449373184
Could you post thd whole interview si

October 25, 2017, 02:13:43 AM
Reply #108

Simon Paul

Administrator
Could you post thd whole interview si

to be honest I think he got bored on page two, but page three brightened up a bit, although the questions are a bit lame

October 25, 2017, 02:35:18 AM
Reply #109

Zoolander

4 games is fair and after that I would not only assess results, tactics and formations but most importantly how the senior players react to him. If they react well, accept his authority and improve as per his instruction then I’d have no problem in extending his role to Christmas or beyond.
I’d love him to make this job his, seriously would. We need to see how the players react and how he does over an extended run to truly know though. Any sign early doors that the whole playing team aren’t onboard then it’s not got legs, not for now, not with us in the bottom three.

I hope he does it though.
I can see Rhino 🦏 flags and hear the chants of “Rhino, Rhino” and it looks and sounds great

October 25, 2017, 02:39:13 AM
Reply #110

Fynci

I want him to succeed so much. I just hope he doesn't try to be everybody's friend on the training field.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

October 25, 2017, 03:01:38 AM
Reply #111

Trublue

I think, ignore what happens tomorrow night. An hour and a half training session is not enough to turn this around. Although I hope for an improvement. Judge him on what happens in the league.  Its not really fair though as Koeman got 9 matches and £150 million.

We should give him until the end of the season, but he'll need to do some transfer business in January. I guess thats one advantage of have having a director of football?

October 25, 2017, 03:31:39 AM
Reply #112

Ari

I've just finished the pre match interview and I've decided that I want to keep him (Mr. David Unsworth) as manager at least until the season ends.  Hopefully and probably longer (IMO)  His answers are very good and respectful to everyone.  The best from him is... I am what I am...

I haven't read any posts in here on this subject and this is only my opinion.

take care, Ari.

October 25, 2017, 03:45:40 AM
Reply #113

toffee_scot

It will be interesting to see how the players respond tomorrow evening with Unsworth in charge and what kind of tactics and strategy he will use. Whatever the result, I want to see a more positive performance from the players.

The Leicester game though will be key, we need to pick up 3 points from somewhere very soon just to kickstart our move up the table and stand a chance of finishing in the top 7 again.

October 25, 2017, 03:56:39 AM
Reply #114

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I've just finished the pre match interview and I've decided that I want to keep him (Mr. David Unsworth) as manager at least until the season ends.  Hopefully and probably longer (IMO)  His answers are very good and respectful to everyone.  The best from him is... I am what I am...

I haven't read any posts in here on this subject and this is only my opinion.

take care, Ari.

He did come across very well which is a good start. Refused to criticise Koeman while staying quite clearly that he had his own ideas of what to change.

October 25, 2017, 04:03:52 AM
Reply #115

Gash

Global Moderator
Just watched the press conference, very dignified even when Olly Foster was being a bit patronising saying that Moshiri wanted a big name like Pep or Mourinho on the touch line, "you're not that man are you". Managed to dodge the question about 1st team atmosphere and rightly so, he's there to talk about the game not shit stir or stick the knife in, he did very well indeed.

I still think we should be going for someone with more experience but you get the impression we'll be in good hands while they look for that person.

October 25, 2017, 04:21:14 AM
Reply #116

indiantoffee1975

For me the ideal scenario would be Unsworth being a number two and working with an Ancelotti or a Tuchel.
Learning not only the opposition in the PL but if we return to Europe how he would think differently and prepare his side against european opposition.
Then he is fully equipped to fill the void left by either.

I desperately want him to succeed at Everton and would like to see him fully prepared for every competition.

Best of luck to him over the next month and hopefully he brings back a smile to many of our faces.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 04:23:30 AM by indiantoffee1975 »

October 25, 2017, 04:25:36 AM
Reply #117

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/nsno/status/922868222449373184

A photo on this site that's too *small*?

Well now I've seen everything.

October 25, 2017, 05:25:43 AM
Reply #118

Tinga

If he wins at Anfield then we should offer him a lifetime contract, any salary he wants.

I know you're joking but fuck me is that small time. It's Roberto on the side of Goodison small that.

October 25, 2017, 05:27:52 AM
Reply #119

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I know you're joking but fuck me is that small time. It's Roberto on the side of Goodison small that.

Fixed if for you.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"