August 16, 2018, 03:58:10 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 45294 times)

October 30, 2017, 08:04:52 PM
Reply #15

Lxxx

The 45 minutes per match theme seems to be continuing. This was something that appeared to start under Koeman where we played well in the first half of a game, and then went to shit in the second half, or visa versa.

With Unsworth's first two matches we were shit first half and improved second half. Granted he made half time changes, which would account for some of that.

Why can we not get a full 90 minutes from this squad. It is clearly not a fitness thing, but why can they not get fired right away and stay that way. I don't think we played well in a full match for a long time.

Usually the first 45 minutes too. Clearly none of them are enthused about pulling on the shirt and playing for us at the minute. It's only when they're warmed up they start to be arsed. 

November 01, 2017, 06:35:03 PM
Reply #16

Lxxx

How come we never get the new manager bump?

Martinez bumped us up to 5th, Koeman bumped us up to 7th.

November 02, 2017, 07:44:28 PM
Reply #17

Lxxx

A supposed forward-thinking guy like Moshiri should be well on board with the loaning out of Unsworth to test his mettle. He's proved himself in Moshiri's first pet project, the U-23's, so why would you want to potentially lose him and all that knowledge and experience to maybe come back and sit in the opposite dugout one day.

November 02, 2017, 08:02:31 PM
Reply #18

Lxxx

If you can provide even one piece of evidence that Moshiri is forward-thinking w/r/t football (not business, actual football) it would make me feel much better about the club’s prospects.

Hence the word 'supposed.' Although he has invested heavily in the U-23's, far in excess of other teams, presumably with a view to growing our own production line and not spending huge sums buying it in at a later date. On this basis the coaching as well as the talent need to take equal precedence as you can't have success without both parties, hence he should be all over Unsworth's career plan too.

November 02, 2017, 08:17:16 PM
Reply #19

Lxxx

Just out of interest what’s this heavy investment being made in the under 23’s?

Off the top of my head all I can recall is DCL being bought for the development squad for a large sum. The likes of Lookman and Vlasic were bought for the first team squad.

Do a little more research.

November 02, 2017, 08:39:38 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

From that it looks like we get ripped off even more in the under 23s market than we do for our full squad!! 6.39 million spent with a market value of 1.44 million

Yeh, I always go www.transfermarkt.co.uk for my cutting edge football insights.

November 20, 2017, 09:19:52 PM
Reply #21

Lxxx

Is he a big enough personality to man manage and get an extra 25% out of this group of players? I don't think he is unfortunately, unless we get rid of the likes of Schneiderlin, Mirallas and even Rooney to an extent, as he has a huge presence in the dressing room and on the pitch and if he isn't being picked he's a big character to hide behind.

November 24, 2017, 04:29:10 AM
Reply #22

Lxxx

He's not done himself any favours really. The players might have been putting in a few extra % for him but I still have no idea what formation we've been playing from game to game and it looks like neither do the players. He's done nothing about the left hand side, we still have a load of players floating around in a 25 yard radius in the middle and we're conceding nearly 3 goals a game under him.

November 24, 2017, 04:41:48 AM
Reply #23

Lxxx

No manager has made a success of a job, without any clarity on their position, while board chase every option around.

Doesn't matter how good a manager he is, players downed tools because they don;t expect him to be there for long.

I fuckin hate this spineless bunch of twats we've collected here. Biggest wage bill in our history and none of them can be arsed being there.

November 24, 2017, 04:47:00 AM
Reply #24

Lxxx

But he's trying to win the job as he's going from game to game.

He couldn't afford to be too negative, because it's clear that board didn't fancy him, as they've avoided giving him the job at every opportunity.

True. He also didn't know how long he would have so every game would be an audition. Three 0-0 draws on the bounce might have steadied the ship but it wouldn't have endeared him to Moshiri.

November 24, 2017, 05:08:25 AM
Reply #25

Lxxx

Hes been shat on big time by those above him. A caretaker manager who has got a longer Premier League career than Frank De Boer and probably a few others too.

He helped out the club he loves who were in a pickle and hes in danger of damaging his long term career prospects because of it.

November 24, 2017, 11:14:54 PM
Reply #26

Lxxx

I would think a potential manager would be thinking

if I turn this around I'll be a hero

if it turns to shit well then the fans will blame the previous management and the board and I'll get out of here unscathed with a nice wedge

win win situation for any new manager I would have thought

Plus the seven figure bonus for keeping us up will attract a lot of people.

November 27, 2017, 04:23:51 AM
Reply #27

Lxxx

Every game the formation and selection are like they are out of some random generator. To say nothing of the 2-3 changes in shape during the game.

The man is way out of his depth.

November 27, 2017, 04:16:56 PM
Reply #28

Lxxx

Kenny regularly drops way behind the rest of the back line. He’s playing wing back there as well.

He’s been decent lately but that’s a massive weakness.

Yeh that's a pretty shocking trait to have at such a young age. Especially when your boss for many years at a younger level was a defender too.

November 28, 2017, 02:26:50 PM
Reply #29

Lxxx

We would be doing his career a favour by getting him out of the under 23 squad.

And their career a favour too judging by his tactical nous in the past month.