December 15, 2018, 04:58:27 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 50357 times)

October 24, 2017, 06:26:45 PM
Read 50357 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Aaahh! Didn't Unsie return from West Ham cos he was homesick in the big city?

Via Villa for a day.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

October 25, 2017, 06:27:03 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Just watched the PR. He's brought pride back already. Came across honest and realistic. Although Ron was honest, you could see it was a different type of honesty. I really hope he gets the job long term on merit.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

October 25, 2017, 06:19:35 PM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
There isn't any magic formula for success. Martinez really bought into the club and started like a house on fire but that turned to shit. Koeman was the biggest name we've ever had but never really looked as if he wanted to be here and that turned to shit. Tuchel might be a great name and an exciting thought but he could have a hard time getting his ideas over in his first stab at English football and we may well have to pay off another manager in 18 months too.

All I've seen are smiling faces on the training ground and a very eloquent interview, backed up by a groundswell of goodwill. I think we'd be silly not to seriously consider the man, it's not as if he's some bloke off the street. He's got a very persuasive argument to put across for the job and whilst I'm not saying he should get it he should at least be given every opportunity to show that he's a very credible candidate for the club.

I hope he does get it and is successful. Could save us a fortune. You know he'll give his all for a start and it sounds like he's a win at all costs type of manager.

October 26, 2017, 04:10:44 AM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Wouldn't be hard would it,it was mostly Chelsea's second 11,there was a couple of pluses the lad in the middle Benni and the workrate,on the negitive were was that fight all season,and we have to get through till January with jags and Williams.

Funny that, it was mostly our second 11 too.

October 26, 2017, 08:19:03 AM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We had a former world class player as manager who struggled to get players in. And to stay.

October 26, 2017, 11:44:21 PM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Don't be silly.

Let's see:

Kenny
Jags or Williams
Mirallas
Lennon
McCarthy
Baningime
And Davies hasn't been in the first 11 much this season either.

Then the subs Lookman and Niasse.

So yes, my statement is correct.

November 18, 2017, 11:41:38 PM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
A good transfer window will help solve a great deal of problems. Hope we can get one.

November 19, 2017, 03:22:10 AM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We've said this the last three transfer windows

We have. Maybe this time we'll get it right?

In Jan we need a striker, a wide player, a center back and a left back.

Get those, we have more balance and should have a better second half of the season. May even have a shot at Europe.

November 21, 2017, 05:07:08 PM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Just because its worked for others doesnt mean thats a universal solution, I think you have to look at every case individually, in this instance Unsworth has shown little to evidence that hes the right person IMO. I think he gets a little lost, were making loads of subs at half time, or not far into the second half, formations are changing all the time. You could look at as adapting or is it cause he got it woefully wrong in the first place?
In fairness, Koeman made many subs at half time too.

November 26, 2017, 09:57:46 PM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I feel really bad for the guy. Wanted him to do well so badly. The players have let him down, but he has struggled.