November 23, 2017, 10:42:28 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 20151 times)

October 26, 2017, 04:11:26 AM
Reply #165

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Still got beat by Chelsea reserves though  :thumbsup:
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

deCoubertin

October 26, 2017, 04:22:41 AM
Reply #166

Lxxx

Still got beat by Chelsea reserves though  :thumbsup:

Fabregas, Pedro and William are pretty decent reserves.

October 26, 2017, 04:24:05 AM
Reply #167

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

I know, I was taking the piss a little :)
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 26, 2017, 04:24:45 AM
Reply #168

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Batshuiyi, cahill, christenson all played pl games
Zapucossta big money signing
Rudiger too

Simply simply lovely

October 26, 2017, 04:25:15 AM
Reply #169

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Rudiger too

Drinkwater too

October 26, 2017, 04:25:34 AM
Reply #170

Shogun

Administrator
Rudiger too

We had more young/reserve players on the pitch than they did.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 26, 2017, 04:27:42 AM
Reply #171

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Drinkwater too
He looked way way way off the pace didn't he

Simply simply lovely

October 26, 2017, 04:28:16 AM
Reply #172

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The change from first to second half was pushing Davies forward into a 4-2-3-1 formation.

That got the midfield closer to the front three which enabled closing down to be done higher up the pitch and also shorter passing angles.

This in turn enabled the full backs to get higher up the pitch pushing their wing backs, back.

Thought we tried to do this in the first but they had too many easy possession routes which dragged the whole team back, isolating Rooney (which isnít what you want) and the other two forwards.

October 26, 2017, 04:30:29 AM
Reply #173

toffee_scot

Unsworth definitely has something to build on and I am optimistic we will see a reversal in recent fortunes and play better football.

I guess for tonight's game he wanted to mostly play players that he was most familiar with including some he managed at different times for the U23s and many from the pre-Koeman period. In some ways, the advantage is that he will feel no obligation to play (or rather shoehorn) the likes of Sigurdsson, Klaassen, Martina, Sandro etc all in the same team because he didn't sign them so I am confident Unsworth will come up with a system to take advantage of the current players he has at his disposal.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 04:31:58 AM by toffee_scot »

October 26, 2017, 04:33:02 AM
Reply #174

Lazarou

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">DU: &quot;When you put McCarthy and Lennon back in to the team and you implement a pressing game you get the response that we got tonight&quot;</p>&mdash; Adam Jones (@Adam_Jones94) October 25, 2017
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

October 26, 2017, 04:55:31 AM
Reply #175

GrantyBoy78

Encouraging. DU has set his stall out and shown us how he wants to play. Really interested to see who he starts in his first 11, against Leicester. Especially out wide. Not like we have many options out there.

October 26, 2017, 05:28:08 AM
Reply #176

everton1952

Lookman is worth his place. He offers something others don't.

October 26, 2017, 05:54:50 AM
Reply #177

American Evertonian

Love the guy. I really do. However, we can't hire him. If we are trying to build a CL team we need a big name that can recruit. We aren't plucky old Everton anymore. If he wants to be our manager he needs to go win big somewhere else. Let us hire him from a lesser club.

It pains me to say it. It does. He is a great servant to the club. But if we want to spend big and recruit with the best we need a name to go with it. One that not only can draw English talent but also German, Italian, French, etc. I don't want to see us win by grit or negative football. I want to see us play proactively and not just knick games against the big clubs. I want ambition and prestige to come back to us and feel that if we hire him it will be like LCFC hiring Shakespeare. We cannot be drawn into emotion but need to remain objective with what we want and who can get us there.

I realize I may receive flack from this post (mainly from those that don't consider me a true blue by being American and not have season tickets). However, I think what I say does have reason. I'm happy to debate and discuss though.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

October 26, 2017, 05:59:01 AM
Reply #178

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Love the guy. I really do. However, we can't hire him. If we are trying to build a CL team we need a big name that can recruit. We aren't plucky old Everton anymore. If he wants to be our manager he needs to go win big somewhere else. Let us hire him from a lesser club.

It pains me to say it. It does. He is a great servant to the club. But if we want to spend big and recruit with the best we need a name to go with it. One that not only can draw English talent but also German, Italian, French, etc. I don't want to see us win by grit or negative football. I want to see us play proactively and not just knick games against the big clubs. I want ambition and prestige to come back to us and feel that if we hire him it will be like LCFC hiring Shakespeare. We cannot be drawn into emotion but need to remain objective with what we want and who can get us there.

I realize I may receive flack from this post (mainly from those that don't consider me a true blue by being American and not have season tickets). However, I think what I say does have reason. I'm happy to debate and discuss though.
Said similar a few pages back or on a different thread, can't remember

Your opinion matters as much as anyone else BTW

Simply simply lovely

October 26, 2017, 06:09:55 AM
Reply #179

American Evertonian

In addition, we can't hire him because Koeman's tactics were garbage. Comparing someone to your previous failures vs what he offers going forward is criminal and will only make us continue on our current path.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.