September 18, 2019, 04:04:47 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 59228 times)

October 26, 2017, 04:25:34 AM
Read 59228 times

Shogun

Administrator
Batshuiyi, cahill, christenson all played pl games
Zapucossta big money signing
Rudiger too

We had more young/reserve players on the pitch than they did.

October 30, 2017, 12:33:27 AM
Reply #1

Shogun

Administrator
He showed too much faith in certain players today.

Sigurdsson has shown over the last three seasons he's a top player whereas Rooney? No so much.

DCL isn't enough of a goal threat as much as I like him. Niasse would have been a better option, especially away from home.

Davies in a midfield 2 just doesn't work. Play Schneiderlin if he's fit enough to make the bench.

Not much choice in the back 4 so can't criticise him much. Perhaps Holgate for Kenny but even he gave away a stupid penalty against Lyon.

Might have even been better countering their back 3 with one of our own but that's hindsight.

October 30, 2017, 02:43:19 AM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
Agree with all except niasse shout. DCL is a target at least so I think the team is better off with him opposed to oumar

I don't see the point in having a striker to make it stick when he can't score goals anyway.

At least Niasse has a knack of scoring terrible goals

November 23, 2017, 01:17:15 AM
Reply #3

Shogun

Administrator
Yes I agree. Just thought that stat of 4 points off 8th was a bit daft

Can only assume you missed the point of that post I made about only being a small number of points away from 8th.

In no way shape or form was it a way of saying that we were going to finish there, it was to show that there is so much left of the season that despite being miles off that position, it is actually only two games worth of the correct results.

That is why it was silly that people were calling us relegation contenders in November. If were 15th in February/March then its a different story.

November 30, 2017, 05:58:19 AM
Reply #4

Shogun

Administrator
I cant think of a compelling reason from his caretaker spell why another club would employ him as manager, but I wish him well.

7 points from 5 games like