November 25, 2017, 01:44:09 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 22296 times)

October 26, 2017, 06:53:13 AM
Reply #180

gizzblue

In addition, we can't hire him because Koeman's tactics were garbage. Comparing someone to your previous failures vs what he offers going forward is criminal and will only make us continue on our current path.
Second half was fast attacking pro active football ....what more so you want after one real training session .😅.

At the end of the day money talks these days ...and we ain't short of a few Bob .if Rhino can get a our season back on track, we will get the players we want ,regardless of managers stature .

deCoubertin

October 26, 2017, 07:48:05 AM
Reply #181

blueski

ultimately the football on the pitch does the talking

its not impossible that he gets the job if he can manage to do that. once upon a time world football didn't know too much about who Pochettino was either
Nil Satis

October 26, 2017, 08:19:03 AM
Reply #182

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We had a former world class player as manager who struggled to get players in. And to stay.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

October 26, 2017, 11:40:42 AM
Reply #183

Bwana

We had a former world class player as manager who struggled to get players in. And to stay.

This. The world class players will come and join if Uns is worth it. Especially the second half yesterday was anything else than negative from our side. After all it's all decided on the pitch. I don't care if don't get the world class players if we win, with an Everton-way. Yesterday showed some promises that the identity of this grand old team is still there.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 11:44:15 AM by Bwana »
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.

October 26, 2017, 12:02:30 PM
Reply #184

Ramjam

Uns is worth it, I like your style 🤣🤣🤣
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 26, 2017, 12:05:23 PM
Reply #185

sirblue57

Love the guy. I really do. However, we can't hire him. If we are trying to build a CL team we need a big name that can recruit. We aren't plucky old Everton anymore. If he wants to be our manager he needs to go win big somewhere else. Let us hire him from a lesser club.

It pains me to say it. It does. He is a great servant to the club. But if we want to spend big and recruit with the best we need a name to go with it. One that not only can draw English talent but also German, Italian, French, etc. I don't want to see us win by grit or negative football. I want to see us play proactively and not just knick games against the big clubs. I want ambition and prestige to come back to us and feel that if we hire him it will be like LCFC hiring Shakespeare. We cannot be drawn into emotion but need to remain objective with what we want and who can get us there.

I realize I may receive flack from this post (mainly from those that don't consider me a true blue by being American and not have season tickets). However, I think what I say does have reason. I'm happy to debate and discuss though.

We need to start winning, not just games,but trip. Then we will attract better players.  If DU can keep winning and gets us a trophy, he will attract better players.
Even if we have to pay over the odds to attract them at first, like city did.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

October 26, 2017, 01:57:34 PM
Reply #186

KoemansNumberTens

Love the guy. I really do. However, we can't hire him. If we are trying to build a CL team we need a big name that can recruit. We aren't plucky old Everton anymore. If he wants to be our manager he needs to go win big somewhere else. Let us hire him from a lesser club.

It pains me to say it. It does. He is a great servant to the club. But if we want to spend big and recruit with the best we need a name to go with it. One that not only can draw English talent but also German, Italian, French, etc. I don't want to see us win by grit or negative football. I want to see us play proactively and not just knick games against the big clubs. I want ambition and prestige to come back to us and feel that if we hire him it will be like LCFC hiring Shakespeare. We cannot be drawn into emotion but need to remain objective with what we want and who can get us there.

I realize I may receive flack from this post (mainly from those that don't consider me a true blue by being American and not have season tickets). However, I think what I say does have reason. I'm happy to debate and discuss though.

Utter nonsense. Who did we get because of koemans name?? We need to hire the best man for the job not just random name. We are English footballs 7th most attractive team and that will stay the same until we break the top 6. Hiring a big name won't make us any more attractive. Playing good football, having a good team spirit winning will

October 26, 2017, 02:04:49 PM
Reply #187

KoemansNumberTens

Also our thing should be we are number 1 for top prospects. We can't be number 1 for worldclass players but we can be the best place for young players who maybe wouldn't get in a Chelsea or city team yet
Unsworth would be perfect for that.

Honestly I think he's absolutely what we need. Someone to build fantastic team spirit, someone who appreciates the value of our youth teams, someone with genuine passion for the club
It appears he wants us to play aggressive pressing football. We aren't going to get relegated. I'd love to see him given this season to prove his value. Who on the list isn't a risk. We get to try before we buy with unsworth. Think he could be a great manager if we give him a go instead of being snobby about it

October 26, 2017, 02:20:48 PM
Reply #188

Paddockoldie

Martinez wasn't a well known player but he got Lukaku. There days the only face there too players want to see is 'The Queen's' and the terms of the contract which is done by their agent. Where the club stands is more important. If Unsworth gets us going again and we get back in Europe he'll have done what a former great did for half the price.. New ground, money... they'll come but I'd rather a decent honest one than a money grabbin twat.

October 26, 2017, 02:22:12 PM
Reply #189

Paddockoldie

Also our thing should be we are number 1 for top prospects. We can't be number 1 for worldclass players but we can be the best place for young players who maybe wouldn't get in a Chelsea or city team yet

Honestly I think he's absolutely what we need. Someone to build fantastic team spirit, someone who appreciates the value of our youth teams, someone with genuine passion for the club
It appears he wants us to play aggressive pressing football. We aren't going to get relegated. I'd love to see him given this season to prove his value. Who on the list isn't a risk. We get to try before we buy with unsworth. Think he could be a great manager if we give him a go instead of being snobby about it

This all day long..

October 26, 2017, 03:37:15 PM
Reply #190

74Blue

There have been plenty of top managers over the years who weren't household names as players. They built their reputation in management from getting results with the players at their disposal.
If Unsworth can get the players that he has working together and firing, the results will come. That, in turn will attract some attention and others will want to come and join the project.
You don't necessarily need to have been a world class player to be a great coach/manager. It's a completely different skill set. Who did Mourinho play for, or Wenger? Their lack of a great playing career has never stopped them attracting quality players.

October 26, 2017, 05:21:15 PM
Reply #191

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber

Completely agree. If it doesn’t work out, Silva in the summer.

October 26, 2017, 05:29:07 PM
Reply #192

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 26, 2017, 05:44:35 PM
Reply #193

Lazarou

Sounds good doesn't he? Very confident in what he tries to impress on his teams and quite open with the press due to that confidence.

October 26, 2017, 05:48:58 PM
Reply #194

Bluedylan

Sounds good doesn't he? Very confident in what he tries to impress on his teams and quite open with the press due to that confidence.

Yep, and he confirmed that the plan was to stay compact and then open the game up second half, which 100% worked, only missing the finishing touch in front of goal. Shows tactical awareness, not just chest thumping and 'getting us'.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.