December 17, 2018, 03:45:39 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 50444 times)

October 26, 2017, 01:46:43 AM
Read 50444 times

MrWhite

That conference was impressive. While he shied away (understandably) from detailing how he'll go about it, he not only reinforced a team mentality of which is clearly a part, but speaks with confidence and belief. His authority was particularly impressive.

October 26, 2017, 05:21:15 PM
Reply #1

MrWhite

Also our thing should be we are number 1 for top prospects. We can't be number 1 for worldclass players but we can be the best place for young players who maybe wouldn't get in a Chelsea or city team yet
Unsworth would be perfect for that.

Honestly I think he's absolutely what we need. Someone to build fantastic team spirit, someone who appreciates the value of our youth teams, someone with genuine passion for the club
It appears he wants us to play aggressive pressing football. We aren't going to get relegated. I'd love to see him given this season to prove his value. Who on the list isn't a risk. We get to try before we buy with unsworth. Think he could be a great manager if we give him a go instead of being snobby about it
Completely agree. If it doesn’t work out, Silva in the summer.

November 21, 2017, 07:48:36 PM
Reply #2

MrWhite

I don't disagree with what you say . However , Unsworth started with a hopelessly disjointed team with zero confidence  , almost certainly out of Europe and absolutely no style of play . We had to start picking up points and 4 out of a possible 9 is better than the probable zero we would have under Koeman . Confidence is fragile and I agree the way Pickford , Jags and Keane are playing we could so easily ( and maybe should have ) lost our last 2 league games . But we haven't and that transfers some pressure onto the teams around us and 1 point can so easily become 3 against the likes of WBA , Swansea or any other team around us whose fans are getting on the teams back . Till the board make a decision the fans owe it to the team to get behind them and lift performances instead of righting us off .

Based on 4 points out of 9, that hit rate will leave us on 46 points and surely safe. So while Rhino hasn't magically fixed us, nor is our form with him that bad and certain to get us relegated. And that ignores the prospect of us buying players in January.

It won't be a fun season to watch (barring an FA Cup miracle) but that has been a given for a couple of months anyway.