November 25, 2017, 03:48:43 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 22345 times)

October 27, 2017, 12:53:07 AM
Reply #210

TheTone

if I was a player I'd run through a brick wall for big Rhino, obviously don't know the man but he just has that way about him

with Koeman i'd have probably jogged up, laid against the wall, lit up a ciggy and flicked a few V's towards his grumpy head

deCoubertin

October 27, 2017, 12:58:38 AM
Reply #211

BlueForYou

I would have ran through a brick wall in the desert to play for Everton - no matter the manager...................pla y for the fans
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 27, 2017, 02:40:32 AM
Reply #212

Ridge

Figured it was worth trying to do something to convey Unsworth performance with under 23s with a bit more detail.

So have attached U23 league tables, here's the overall league results since Koeman's arrival.

Unsworth with under 23s : 30 Played / 20 Wins / 4 Draws / 6 Losses / Goals / 63 For / 26 Against.

Koeman with first team: 47 Played / 19 Wins / 12 Draws / 16 Losses / Goals / 69 For / 62 Against

Unsworth - 66% win percentage / 20% Losses / 2.1 goals per game / 0.9 goals against

Koeman - 40% win percentage / 33% Losses /1.5 goals per game for / 1.3 goals against

October 27, 2017, 02:55:09 AM
Reply #213

Waltzer

Figured it was worth trying to do something to convey Unsworth performance with under 23s with a bit more detail.

So have attached U23 league tables, here's the overall league results since Koeman's arrival.

Unsworth with under 23s : 30 Played / 20 Wins / 4 Draws / 6 Losses / Goals / 63 For / 26 Against.

Koeman with first team: 47 Played / 19 Wins / 12 Draws / 16 Losses / Goals / 69 For / 62 Against

Unsworth - 66% win percentage / 20% Losses / 2.1 goals per game / 0.9 goals against

Koeman - 40% win percentage / 33% Losses /1.5 goals per game for / 1.3 goals against
This reads like you're drawing a comparison between the u23s league and the premiership?

October 27, 2017, 03:13:19 AM
Reply #214

Ridge

This reads like you're drawing a comparison between the u23s league and the premiership?

This one's for you  :cheers:

Unsworth with under 23s : 30 Played / 20 Wins / 4 Draws / 6 Losses / Goals / 63 For / 26 Against

October 27, 2017, 04:58:48 AM
Reply #215

Rodenplav64

Kenedy , Batshuayi , Christensen , Zapacosta ,  Drinkwater rarely start, neither does Cabellero and you could probably throw Willian in to that too. Yes most would walk into our first team but not theirs. Fabregas didnt come on until 63 minutes and Morata 85th, so yes predominantly it was Chelsea' second string, or should I call them 'not their fist team regulars'?

Semantics . Compared to us then they have 2 first teams .

October 27, 2017, 05:32:38 AM
Reply #216

montanatoffeefan

Left back was least of the problems, Walter at times used to use him centre midfield!

I just suffered a Phil Neville flashback.
Everton forever.

October 27, 2017, 05:35:16 AM
Reply #217

montanatoffeefan

I would have ran through a brick wall in the desert to play for Everton - no matter the manager...................pla y for the fans

Straq ran through a brick wall once for Moyes.

But it was just to get to the lockerroom after Moyes told Straq he was wearing the wrong kind of boots. And Straq missed the doorway.
Everton forever.

October 27, 2017, 08:39:59 AM
Reply #218

Ridge

Here's an interesting McNulty article on the win record of Sheff United manager Chris Wilder

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41756907

October 27, 2017, 11:21:51 AM
Reply #219

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah rumors of players revolt against both Martinez and Koeman points a little finger at the likes of Baines and Jags. Would like to see Them running through brick walls no matter the manager.

October 27, 2017, 01:52:53 PM
Reply #220

Toddacelli

Without trying to sound too down beat as the performance was better and there seemed to be much more desire, but its going to take more than a defeat against a second string Chelsea team to get me excited about the future or to strengthen Unsworths credentials to lead us forward. And whilst we stayed compact we still conceded and is it tactical awareness when he said he was only ever going to play McCarthy for 60 minutes, the game had to open up cause he was taking him off, it was premeditated and not necessarily reacting to the situation?

With the above said there were numerous plus points from the game but I think the next 2 games will be the real acid test as Leicester will surely have a boost following Puels appointment and Watford are flying, hope Beni gets a run out in the middle for them though.

Agree 100% with @Gash in response to this - Chelsea may have had some less regular players, but no more than we did and they had to bring Pedro, Fabregas and Morata on just to get over the finishing line. It was one of them where you reckon if we played another half an hourwe might have won it.

Also to address another couple of points you raised:

"whilst we stayed compact we still conceded" - this was against the champions, only one goal, momentary lapse of concentration with a piss-poor Everton side in the relegation zone, lacking confidence and direction before that night. They didn't have our pants down - they just got one goal.

"is it tactical awareness when he said he was only ever going to play McCarthy for 60 minutes, the game had to open up cause he was taking him off, it was premeditated and not necessarily reacting to the situation?" - yes it is tactical awareness if this is how he thought the game would go before a ball was even kicked. He had to be tactically aware of how to set up against a team like Chelsea. If he wanted to keep that type of pressing game he could have put Besic on for McCarthy in a straight-swap and kept the same shape. I don't know if Besic was on the bench but he could have named him on the benchif that was what he intended. Insted he thought if we have McCarthy for 60 mins - lets keep it tight to frustrate them and then go at them to really give them something to worry about. He wanted to stay in the game for as long as possible before leaving gaps when we attack - which is very sensible against a strong side. You don't want to lose it in the first half.

The very fact that it was pre-meditated proves that at that point, things were still more-or-less going to plan. Ok we didn't want to concede but with only one goal in it - we were still very much in the game when we took it to them.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 27, 2017, 01:54:51 PM
Reply #221

Toddacelli

Straq ran through a brick wall once for Moyes.

But it was just to get to the lockerroom after Moyes told Straq he was wearing the wrong kind of boots. And Straq missed the doorway.

Tooled!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 27, 2017, 02:03:30 PM
Reply #222

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Baines seemed more up for it than he has for a while.

October 27, 2017, 02:24:05 PM
Reply #223

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Baines seemed more up for it than he has for a while.
He had someone to play with for once

Simply simply lovely

October 27, 2017, 03:00:40 PM
Reply #224

MmmBlueRamirez

Here's an interesting McNulty article on the win record of Sheff United manager Chris Wilder

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41756907

Nice article. Didn’t realise how well he’d done.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama