November 15, 2018, 06:30:00 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 48927 times)

November 23, 2017, 09:14:10 PM
Reply #30

KoemansNumberTens

Im not saying he is, I think he could be short term. People slagging him off saying hes not good enough and all this, don't know what they expected from him so quickly.

I know results have got better but I do also think that the performances have gotten worse. If the game had been in the opposite order I'd argue there were good signs

We just need a performance. Nothing spectacular. Just to look relatively solid and equal to the side we are playing. As it is whatever results we get are really just down to luck. We aren't matching anyone

November 24, 2017, 04:13:24 AM
Reply #31

KoemansNumberTens

The performances under Unsworth have been getting worse and worse with every game that has passed. The job is far too big for him.

We were quite good against Chelsea. Everyone was hopeful. Palace and this have been more inept than the Arsenal game by some distance

November 24, 2017, 08:33:33 PM
Reply #32

KoemansNumberTens

After Sunday, we might have a more balanced view about the manager position. If Everton plays well and gets a result, then I would want to see how the team performs against West Ham.

This is not the time to lose your nerve and panic. Last night's result should be kept in perspective. These are still early days - and I expect a big reaction to come from the players.

If i shag Angelina Jolie maybe I'm as pretty as Brad pitt. What's the chances though

November 26, 2017, 09:13:49 PM
Reply #33

KoemansNumberTens

Going to take a long time for me to get over joe royle entering the tactical area to give advice to unsworth.

Absolute joke of a club.

Just shambolic. No manager in 5 weeks and a free for all as to whos in caretaker charge

November 26, 2017, 11:07:20 PM
Reply #34

KoemansNumberTens

His team selections have been horrible. Can't believe rooney and sandro didn't feature today. Can't believe vlasic was frozen out for so long. Can't believe klassen can't even make the squad now.

November 26, 2017, 11:20:44 PM
Reply #35

KoemansNumberTens

He's been at the club long enough to see Mirralas be awful for 3 different managers. 4 if you include his performances under unsworth himself. Yet still gets selected. Bizarre

I can understand him being willing to give players a clean slate but then others who are new have been totally left out

November 26, 2017, 11:29:25 PM
Reply #36

KoemansNumberTens

In what remote way would the likes of Sandro and Klassen improve this lot?  If for some bizarre reason you think either are good enough for this league and you even more bizarrely can't believe their exclusion, then go ahead and swop one clueless player for another.  Those two wonder signings might well be at least as good as say DCL, or Lennon or Mirallas, but they are still crap players.   As for the defence, well it picks itself because they are no worse than anyone on the bench. 

I think you just hope someone like sandro can find some form. Barca didn't want him to go. He scored 16 la liga goals last season. Same with klassen. They might have something. We've seen an awful lot of DCL and I persoanllly don't think he'll ever get 16 goals in a quality league
Klassen didn't even make the squad. When you consider injuries and suspensions that means he's not even in our first 20 odd. Given everyone is shite why completely give up on him

November 26, 2017, 11:51:16 PM
Reply #37

KoemansNumberTens

I think unsworth is a bit delusional. Too many favourites too determined to give the fans what they want (young players, open attractive football)
He doesn't say it like Martinez used to but it's almost he'd rather a broken philosophy than being pragmatic and winning some games. He's in denial if he thinks we aren't in a relegation battle

It's a near certainty that West Ham will comfortably outplay us on Wednesday (everyone else has) our only hope of a result is luck. We're having a truly dreadful season and frighteningly we've been incredibly lucky too

November 27, 2017, 01:45:23 AM
Reply #38

KoemansNumberTens

No changes at half time either. What in the first half did he see that made him decide to send the exact same side out for the second?

November 27, 2017, 02:23:15 AM
Reply #39

KoemansNumberTens

My biggest problem still is square pegs round holes ....even after the Koeman lessons we have learnt sweet fuck fuck all.

Unsworth doesn't seem capable of remembering what went on the game before. Lookman brilliant against Chelsea. Didn't play the next game. Sandro gets himself off the mark doesn't play the next game. It genuinely just seems like a random selection of players he's friendly with. Seems to be no formulating for the previous game as to who might play the next.