November 23, 2017, 11:33:11 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 19759 times)

October 30, 2017, 03:58:21 AM
Reply #270

Rhys

I made this comment a few weeks ago - I said Glenn Murray would walk into our team and was slaughtered for it...wasnít suggesting him as a signing, just said heís better than we have...

I was actually going to add him in as well but still cant quite admit that one to myself let alone the public.

deCoubertin

October 30, 2017, 04:01:07 AM
Reply #271

oscar

His comments about Unsworth on talksport were funny, and wasnít far off about his playing career as well

October 30, 2017, 04:03:55 AM
Reply #272

Lxxx

Would love to see Bartonís face if he ever ran into Unsy in a bar

October 30, 2017, 04:08:57 AM
Reply #273

Coyb12

Joey Barton slams Everton manager David Unsworth

http://dailym.ai/2zYFRSb

Can someone just do this gobshite.
He got one thing right Unsworth cannot be our next manager.

October 30, 2017, 04:12:34 AM
Reply #274

Lxxx

To be honest the best thing for his career would be to give the top job a wide berth. This squad will drag him under.

October 30, 2017, 04:12:44 AM
Reply #275

GrantyBoy78

I was actually going to add him in as well but still cant quite admit that one to myself let alone the public.
Sobering...

October 30, 2017, 04:16:20 AM
Reply #276

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

Can someone just do this gobshite.

Be careful with that word fella
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 30, 2017, 05:31:55 AM
Reply #277

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he showed some astute management for someone in his position with his subs at half time.

He could've easily pandered to the crowd, opened the game up even more and chased the goal. We would've been 3-0 down within five minutes looking at the end of a thrashing.

Instead he consolidated, made us more narrow and we controlled the game better.

The game was already lost at half time like, but that could've been a lot worse.

October 30, 2017, 05:12:11 PM
Reply #278

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully an appointment will be made this week.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 30, 2017, 05:17:47 PM
Reply #279

Waltzer

Hopefully an appointment will be made this week.

Dont worry if it takes longer, id rather we appoint the right person rather than rush this decision.
If I was a manager id be tempted to try to hold fire until January before coming in as looking at the squad you'd struggle to see how or where you could improve certain elements?

October 30, 2017, 06:32:07 PM
Reply #280

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Dont worry if it takes longer, id rather we appoint the right person rather than rush this decision.
If I was a manager id be tempted to try to hold fire until January before coming in as looking at the squad you'd struggle to see how or where you could improve certain elements?

Yep you're not wrong, I do worry about going through another two months winless however.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 30, 2017, 07:16:12 PM
Reply #281

Waltzer

Yep you're not wrong, I do worry about going through another two months winless however.

Glad to see you're as positive as me with regards to our chances over the next few months!! :)

October 30, 2017, 07:27:21 PM
Reply #282

Normm

Less than one week as interim manager. A good performance at Chelsea. Two defensive mistakes that cost two goals at Leicester. One penalty that was not given that could have changed the match. A much improved second half ...

Leicester (first half) saw a recurrence of recent problems this season: lack of movement up front, slow mid-field, wide men not getting forward.

The lack of balance was helped when Beni came on - he linked up well in mid-field. Sigs also seemed more comfortable at No 10 when Rooney went off.

Next game: Unsy must consider using Lookman again to provide more of an attacking threat and to give more space to other strikers when defenders are drawn away to stop him. Beni, Gaye and Davies link up well together. Sigs could replace Rooney, with chance to recover form.

Give Unsy more time to show his mettle as manager.

October 30, 2017, 07:29:59 PM
Reply #283

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he showed some astute management for someone in his position with his subs at half time.

He could've easily pandered to the crowd, opened the game up even more and chased the goal. We would've been 3-0 down within five minutes looking at the end of a thrashing.

Instead he consolidated, made us more narrow and we controlled the game better.

The game was already lost at half time like, but that could've been a lot worse.

It seemed panicked to me.

They were already 2-0 up and more than happy to see the game out.

Bar Rooneyís ball to Niasse we created no decent chances because they were happy to let us have the ball as we only had Rooney with any ingenuity about him.

You donít need two run in behind Strikers against a team thatís happy to sit back.

Not bringing on Sigurdsson until 10 mins to go (and then for Rooney) was poor too.

If he wanted to tighten up the game then changing at least one of the CMs for a sitter would have at least meant that we maintained some of the only good things from the first half (Rooney to Lennon).

Thatís all based on how heíd been bigging up width etc sonitd would have had to have been a fairly seismic shift in realisation of things to abandon it all completely.

All seemed very naive.

October 30, 2017, 07:56:37 PM
Reply #284

Redartin

The 45 minutes per match theme seems to be continuing. This was something that appeared to start under Koeman where we played well in the first half of a game, and then went to shit in the second half, or visa versa.

With Unsworth's first two matches we were shit first half and improved second half. Granted he made half time changes, which would account for some of that.

Why can we not get a full 90 minutes from this squad. It is clearly not a fitness thing, but why can they not get fired right away and stay that way. I don't think we played well in a full match for a long time.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.