November 20, 2017, 03:16:51 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 17189 times)

October 30, 2017, 08:04:52 PM
Reply #285

Lxxx

The 45 minutes per match theme seems to be continuing. This was something that appeared to start under Koeman where we played well in the first half of a game, and then went to shit in the second half, or visa versa.

With Unsworth's first two matches we were shit first half and improved second half. Granted he made half time changes, which would account for some of that.

Why can we not get a full 90 minutes from this squad. It is clearly not a fitness thing, but why can they not get fired right away and stay that way. I don't think we played well in a full match for a long time.

Usually the first 45 minutes too. Clearly none of them are enthused about pulling on the shirt and playing for us at the minute. It's only when they're warmed up they start to be arsed. 

deCoubertin

October 31, 2017, 09:21:32 PM
Reply #286

kramer0

This situation is a little trickier than after Chelsea.

https://twitter.com/Caley_graphics/status/924709449956241409

If I wasn't lazy, I'd download that picture, draw a big red circle around that clustering of shots allowed in the middle of the box, and label it "where Schneiderlin or Baningime could have helped."

Playing a 4-4-2 with two positionally undisciplined midfielders in a tricky away fixture was naive. For the time being, he needs to stick with the rigid 4-3-3 for away matches. If we manage to scrap a goal, perfect. If not, we have the option to open things up in the second half with one easy switch (forward for centre mid). He can be a little more aggressive at home, although I still think we need someone disciplined in midfield, like Schneiderlin, if we want to play with two centre forwards.

Unsworth is still my preferred option until the end of the season. I think he's been unfortunate to start off with three away fixtures against talented sides and that we'd actually have something to show for his early work if he had started with Brighton and Lyon at home instead of Chelsea, Leicester, and Lyon away. (Also, I think he's the only candidate that won't turn the club into a bigger behind-the-scenes mess than it already is.)

A few more naive choices will see my opinion change quickly, though.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 09:39:44 PM by kramer0 »

October 31, 2017, 10:18:27 PM
Reply #287

boothill

This situation is a little trickier than after Chelsea.

https://twitter.com/Caley_graphics/status/924709449956241409

If I wasn't lazy, I'd download that picture, draw a big red circle around that clustering of shots allowed in the middle of the box, and label it "where Schneiderlin or Baningime could have helped."

Playing a 4-4-2 with two positionally undisciplined midfielders in a tricky away fixture was naive. For the time being, he needs to stick with the rigid 4-3-3 for away matches. If we manage to scrap a goal, perfect. If not, we have the option to open things up in the second half with one easy switch (forward for centre mid). He can be a little more aggressive at home, although I still think we need someone disciplined in midfield, like Schneiderlin, if we want to play with two centre forwards.

Unsworth is still my preferred option until the end of the season. I think he's been unfortunate to start off with three away fixtures against talented sides and that we'd actually have something to show for his early work if he had started with Brighton and Lyon at home instead of Chelsea, Leicester, and Lyon away. (Also, I think he's the only candidate that won't turn the club into a bigger behind-the-scenes mess than it already is.)

A few more naive choices will see my opinion change quickly, though.
Has been a very tricky start for him, 3 differing styles too

October 31, 2017, 10:26:30 PM
Reply #288

therealdunc

Tricky start  ;D

We played Chelsea reserves , a Leicester team with 1 more point than us.

He’s had a easy start and he’s not very good.

His level is u23s football with no pressure, if he wants to be a first team football league manager he needs to go and get experience in the non league or league 1/2 and do his learning there, not on the job at Everton.

But ‘he’s one of us’  :snigger:
Blue

October 31, 2017, 10:40:27 PM
Reply #289

bacon sarnie

He'll learn his trade and maybe go on to be a successful manager but learning on the job in face of relegation is not on old chap.

But I like him!

November 01, 2017, 01:22:40 AM
Reply #290

sirblue57

fucking hell, there's a lot of FM player here, Unsworth has had an easy start? FUCK OFF!  a badly balanced squad, low on confidence, played chelsea reserves? how many of them would improve our squad? and Leicester , premiership winners a while ago, yeah, easy peasy eh?

if its that easy I hope your putting your CV in to the club. and shouts for allerdyce and dyche? fuck off. if DU is not good enough ok, but even thinking about those two is fucking insulting. if Moshiri is not more ambitious than that, he can fuck off as well, and take kenwright with him.

sick of this shit, selling the club and supporters short.

no wonder the cunts across the park say we are a small club with attitudes like that. makes me want to puke.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 01, 2017, 01:24:49 AM
Reply #291

Simon Paul

Administrator
Would love to see Barton’s face if he ever ran into Unsy in a bar

get the impression that Rhino has slapped him to be honest

was during Barton's City days that he got a LOT of abuse from us at Goodison and reckon Rhino either gave him a clip or put in a crunching tackle - but Barton claims to respect that stuff

November 01, 2017, 04:04:19 AM
Reply #292

Normm

Barton is just trying to help get his mate Dyche into the job so he can feel more welcome at Goodison.

Anyone JB recommends should be considered with caution!

As for Unsy being a bit overweight for a guy with a stocky build, that is totally irrelevant. If he was charging out as captain, then Barton would have a point. But if a manager needs to be an exemplar of fitness, then all should be sacked! That's not their job. Besides, anyone with muscle looks fat in a suit - they don't call Tony Bellew 'Fat Boy' for nothing (but never to his face!).

The point is: can he inspire confidence, can he produce a balanced team that plays with heart and imagination, can he get results? ...He did with the youngsters, so let's see how he gets on over the next games with the first team. Give the guy a chance!

November 01, 2017, 04:08:09 AM
Reply #293

Coyb12

fucking hell, there's a lot of FM player here, Unsworth has had an easy start? FUCK OFF!  a badly balanced squad, low on confidence, played chelsea reserves? how many of them would improve our squad? and Leicester , premiership winners a while ago, yeah, easy peasy eh?

if its that easy I hope your putting your CV in to the club. and shouts for allerdyce and dyche? fuck off. if DU is not good enough ok, but even thinking about those two is fucking insulting. if Moshiri is not more ambitious than that, he can fuck off as well, and take kenwright with him.

sick of this shit, selling the club and supporters short.

no wonder the cunts across the park say we are a small club with attitudes like that. makes me want to puke.
Very eloquently put but fuck off.

November 01, 2017, 05:55:34 AM
Reply #294

everton1952

Gosh,  through all the puking and threats never to go again and hoping the owners fuck off and other gross over reactions, people need to relax a bit and take stock of where we are. It is a mess for all sorts of reasons and will take someone experienced and very good at their job to get us out of the shit we are heading for. That rules out the learner Unsworth in my book. The vilification of Dyche and Allardyce is uncalled for. They are good at what they do. We are probably not an attractive proposition at this stage for any well known available "more prominent" managers from abroad or anywhere else. 3 year contract for Dyche, or a rest of the season one for Sam, and then regroup and see where we stand next May. Either manager would need to spend on established decent goal scorers in January. It is all a big disappointment but it is where we are.

November 01, 2017, 06:20:54 AM
Reply #295

Mayor Farnum

In the couple of days after Koeman's sacking every time I saw the name Unsworth it was followed by 'to steady the ship up to tenth'. Now it seems to be followed by 'to see how he does'.
We haven't got time to waste on auditions.

November 01, 2017, 07:18:25 AM
Reply #296

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
In the couple of days after Koeman's sacking every time I saw the name Unsworth it was followed by 'to steady the ship up to tenth'. Now it seems to be followed by 'to see how he does'.
We haven't got time to waste on auditions.

Certainly not, it's unfair on unsworth and it's fucking dangerously ill-conceived on our part. How many U23 coaches would you be happy taking on for a bit to see what happens? Suck a lemon it ain't happening.

Let him get some chest slapping out of the lads for a few games before we hire the best tactical manager we can, get a process in place for squad recruitment and analysis, and let unsworth go back to quietly building an impressive (U23 coach) reputation, and there may be a more appropriate time to make the step
up.

I'd love it if he did well, I'd also love it if I did well at it, or jimmy the kitman, or Wayne Rooney player manager shagger bevvier,  but it's count chocula fantasy stuff to try crowbar in a local hero like that will fix anything in this rotten side.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 07:20:32 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 01, 2017, 07:41:49 AM
Reply #297

BlueMaquis

Barton is just trying to help get his mate Dyche into the job so he can feel more welcome at Goodison.

Anyone JB recommends should be considered with caution!

As for Unsy being a bit overweight for a guy with a stocky build, that is totally irrelevant. If he was charging out as captain, then Barton would have a point. But if a manager needs to be an exemplar of fitness, then all should be sacked! That's not their job. Besides, anyone with muscle looks fat in a suit - they don't call Tony Bellew 'Fat Boy' for nothing (but never to his face!).

The point is: can he inspire confidence, can he produce a balanced team that plays with heart and imagination, can he get results? ...He did with the youngsters, so let's see how he gets on over the next games with the first team. Give the guy a chance!

I don't think Unsworth is any fatter than Pochettino. He's certainly tougher and I know who i'd back in a fight.

November 01, 2017, 08:52:19 AM
Reply #298

Cuttyblue

We should be actively looking for a proven manager for the long term.

Unsy deserves a chance.  One league away loss to a team that won the league 2 years ago and has a record of waiting for a new manager to play well... he hasn't got a look in yet. 

Let's see how the next home game or two goes.   

November 01, 2017, 10:25:53 AM
Reply #299

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
How come we never get the new manager bump?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...