December 15, 2018, 11:36:08 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 50338 times)

November 06, 2017, 08:06:49 PM
Reply #15

sirblue57

It isnt, both had no chance given our striking limitations. Believe it or not Koeman did have a plan, the plan revolved around getting a target man, it was a pivotal piece that wasnt ever completed so we'll never no. People go on about Martina like its a big deal, it was a freebie as cover, big deal. Sigurdsson was expensive but he is the best at doing what Koeman wanted, set piece delivery to a target man, which he never got, the rest as they say is history.
he put  everything on Giroud, never a good idea, and i would rather pay some cold hard cash for a decent defender, who would then make coleman play for his place, than a cheap and cheerful limited player.  as I said, we spent money on players we didn't need and failed to get those we did. either way. nothing DU could do about that, but RK had the option to change plans before the window shut. no comparison really?
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 06, 2017, 11:58:22 PM
Reply #16

sirblue57

Pleased to find out Unsworth isnít getting the job.

He failed his trial and IMO would be better off going into the lower leagues or non league to get some real experience of managing a proper first team if he wants to be a premier league football manager

November 06, 2017, 11:58:55 PM
Reply #17

sirblue57

Pleased to find out Unsworth isnít getting the job.

He failed his trial and IMO would be better off going into the lower leagues or non league to get some real experience of managing a proper first team if he wants to be a premier league football manager
Why?

November 08, 2017, 05:08:05 PM
Reply #18

sirblue57

This is simply not true.

Less than 10% of u23 players make it in the football league, this was a stat printed in the guardian.

So o say u23 is a higher standard of player is completely wrong.

Furthermore, there isnít the same pressure or consequences managing a kids team at a big club with plenty of resources Than managing a Real first team where results matter and you have to find the talent and keep them motivated and happy within the confines of a budget.

What Eddie Howe has achieved is far greater than Unsworth.

It shows how far Everton have fallen if David Unsworth is even being considered for the job
Some clubs have found promoting from within has been very beneficial. Liverpool . Barcelona. Real...i would say if the DoF is working in tandem with Unsworth, it could work,  maybe even  surpass what we would expect. It's a gamble of course, but so was Martinez and Koeman.

November 27, 2017, 10:01:25 PM
Reply #19

sirblue57

in a nutshell.....

you'll never get seasoned professionals playing for an under 23 coach...end of story....

herein endeth the lesson...

EFC shouldn't have sacked koeman before having someone else lined up...WE all know that...
Pep says hi. Now fuck off.

November 28, 2017, 08:09:05 PM
Reply #20

sirblue57

But heís tactically inept so why would we want that with the U23ís?
They have actually won something. And being honest, our best performers this season have come from the U23 setup. Banagime for one

November 28, 2017, 08:12:45 PM
Reply #21

sirblue57

Think it's more a bad bunch of so called senior players. No fight.no pride. No passion.

November 28, 2017, 08:49:21 PM
Reply #22

sirblue57

The only difference being Pep was being mentored and primed to take over the 1st team role over a period of 3 years before actually taking over.....

NOW you fuck off!!
That says more about our total lack of planning, professionalism and leadership at the top, than anything Unsworth has done.
So, as I said earlier. Fuck off.

November 28, 2017, 09:05:03 PM
Reply #23

sirblue57

so we agree....now fuck off....
No, we really do not agree. You said no seasoned professional would play for an U23 coach. You were incorrect. So once again . Fuck

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 09:09:49 PM by sirblue57 »

November 28, 2017, 09:17:45 PM
Reply #24

sirblue57

am I ? Yet I know from personal experience i'm not....

whats your explanation......

(end of childish swearing)

Ah, the meanderings of the lost....if you cannot accept that your statement was incorrect then I am not going to educate you.
Enjoy your day.