August 17, 2019, 10:36:25 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 57849 times)

November 03, 2017, 05:02:54 AM
Reply #405

therealdunc

Itís got a lot to do with Unsworth as he picks the team, the tactics and trains then players.

Squad is easy capable of finishing mid table, just needs a leader.

Unsworth is not a leader, heís likeable but not a leader.
Blue

November 03, 2017, 05:09:23 AM
Reply #406

D_murph0278

Itís got a lot to do with Unsworth as he picks the team, the tactics and trains then players.

"Just needs a leader"? How about a striker? Or a decent right back?? Or a £25 million midfielder who doesn't play like Jack Rodwell??? Or decent cover at left back????
Fucking leader my arse......
Quick get Big Munching Cow Fat Sam in!!!
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

November 03, 2017, 05:16:26 AM
Reply #407

therealdunc

Same squad was fancied to challenge for top 4

We have good players, just had a bad manager and now a temp manager who is out of his depth

Big sam will turn us around fairly easily
Blue

November 03, 2017, 05:25:44 AM
Reply #408

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

We haven't found a way to score reliably since Lukaku left the side.

If your squad is not capable of scoring goals how are they meant to win games? Who out of the current line up has any semblance of consistent scoring ability in the PL?

Rooney? Kind of these days. Sigurdsson can get some goals. That's literally about it.

You could bring in Guardiola and we'd still struggle.

This mess is as much to do with the squad, if not more so, than the manager.

I don't think Unsworth is the answer, but if we had the same team as last year I don't think he'd be doing nearly as poorly.

November 03, 2017, 05:28:58 AM
Reply #409

D_murph0278

Same squad was fancied to challenge for top 4

We have good players, just had a bad manager and now a temp manager who is out of his depth

Big sam will turn us around fairly easily

Fucking Christopher Samba and Kevin Davies on free transfers.
If Allardyce is in charge of this club, It's honestly the lowest I can remember us being since Mike Walker was about.

"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

November 03, 2017, 06:35:36 AM
Reply #410

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
HAve to admit, Unsworth is way out of his depth.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 03, 2017, 07:32:17 AM
Reply #411

Ridge

Who would have done better with those 3 away games in a week and a half, and that squad?

Given our league position, league cup we didn't need extra fixtures. Europa league game, we were already out, worst start by an English team in Europa league, toughest game in group.

We had full backs playing out of position, Holgate making a rare start in central defence.

We've rested several first team players and will have a stronger side against Watford which is more important game.

When you appoint a new manager, people are always willing to shout give him time with another mans squad for the first year. Koeman has left a horror scene and 3 games in people are losing their shit about him losing games we'd expect to lose if we were playing well.

The things are there for us to get ourselves out of danger, team building, coaching and identifying a team and system that can get results. We don't have the starting blocks, nobody knows each other and we play like it. But last few games there have been signs of coordination and endeavour from more of the players.

There is a certain amount that Unsworth is maybe not a big enough or familiar name, but that's why he was given no support from board. People like brands and reassurance, guarantees. But any manager would have taken many games to try and get a team out of this collection of strangers.

I still feel there is a chance that we turn up and get a good result against Watford, but I'm not sure the atmosphere is going to be conducive and we've seen how that goes.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 07:33:31 AM by Ridge »

November 03, 2017, 07:49:57 AM
Reply #412

kramer0

No more out of his depth than Koeman this season. Or Martinez in his last season.

The players have actually looked like they have a clue what they're supposed to be doing. That is, sadly, progress for us right now.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 07:51:27 AM by kramer0 »

November 03, 2017, 09:26:34 AM
Reply #413

bluenuck

Unsworth has done a good job. Especially when you look at what he was given and the position the team was in when he took over. Confidence levels were as low as they could go as well.

Anyway, He's done well. But imo he's not the man for the job. He's got one more game win or lose and I'm fairly confident we will announce a new manager early to mid next week.
Hopefully not Sam allardyce.

I hope unsworth stays with the U-23's as well.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:27:51 AM by bluenuck »

November 03, 2017, 12:10:36 PM
Reply #414

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
No more out of his depth than Koeman this season. Or Martinez in his last season.

Probably not the best way to support him, given that they both got sacked ... ;)

November 03, 2017, 12:22:17 PM
Reply #415

sirblue57

oh dear god, he is trying to polish a turd, we have no striker worth the name, an unbalanced squad thanks to Koeman and Walsh, he has relied on his U23s and has not been let down by them as much as the so called experienced players.

he may not be ready, yet. but I would demand he was involved with the first team to develop him.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 03, 2017, 12:28:37 PM
Reply #416

BlueBeagle

Not sure how anyone can even suggest that Unsworth has done a good job.

We were totally and utterly clueless against a Leicester side in a similar predicament.

November 03, 2017, 12:31:31 PM
Reply #417

bluenuck

Not sure how anyone can even suggest that Unsworth has done a good job.

We were totally and utterly clueless against a Leicester side in a similar predicament.

He's done a good job with what he's been given. It's a bit different than he's done a good job.

Unsworth can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Hopefully the new manager can.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:33:15 PM by bluenuck »

November 03, 2017, 12:36:37 PM
Reply #418

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Was never gonna be an easy task for him, or anyone really. Regardless of what happens against Watford, our best chance of moving forward and changing things around would be appointing a new manager as soon as possible so they have maxium time to settle in during the international break to prepare us for the Palace game

First task has got to be to sort out the organisation of that defence

For Unsworth I hope we just let him work back with the under 23s, I'm sure he will have learned some lessons from this experience
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

November 03, 2017, 12:47:57 PM
Reply #419

Coyb12

Mirallas and Lennon were our most dangerous players against Leicester, 1st half at least. Like most... they need a run of games and confidence. We can't afford to discount any of our quicker forwards.
Sandro may well be another subject altogether. I think he wants to go home already.
Of course they were mate that's why he took them off.Lennon has been average for 3 years mate what are you looking at,and miralles isn't far behind him.