September 23, 2019, 10:00:14 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 59567 times)

November 03, 2017, 03:18:11 AM
Read 59567 times

bluenuck

I'm pretty sure we will all know are new manager by this time next week.

Unsworth has done a good job with the situation he's been given, and put in.

November 03, 2017, 09:26:34 AM
Reply #1

bluenuck

Unsworth has done a good job. Especially when you look at what he was given and the position the team was in when he took over. Confidence levels were as low as they could go as well.

Anyway, He's done well. But imo he's not the man for the job. He's got one more game win or lose and I'm fairly confident we will announce a new manager early to mid next week.
Hopefully not Sam allardyce.

I hope unsworth stays with the U-23's as well.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:27:51 AM by bluenuck »

November 03, 2017, 12:31:31 PM
Reply #2

bluenuck

Not sure how anyone can even suggest that Unsworth has done a good job.

We were totally and utterly clueless against a Leicester side in a similar predicament.

He's done a good job with what he's been given. It's a bit different than he's done a good job.

Unsworth can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Hopefully the new manager can.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:33:15 PM by bluenuck »

November 18, 2017, 10:37:08 AM
Reply #3

bluenuck

There is that rubbish again about spending 140m.

And the rubbish about not buying good players. Klassen, sig, and I'm sure Sandro and vlasic are very good players, too. We just didn't buy properly to build a balanced squad. There's a difference.

Oh, not to mention Pickford is a stud, and I think keane will come good if we actually get 3 defenders who can cover their positions properly.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:41:01 AM by bluenuck »

November 18, 2017, 11:05:02 PM
Reply #4

bluenuck

Can't you tell I was being facetious, sarcastic?  :eh:

We did spend 140m, that bit was true.

I blame the rum.

November 19, 2017, 12:01:09 AM
Reply #5

bluenuck

Our defence is so slow and leggy that it'd be suicidal to push up. So then we have to defend deeper, which results in us losing the battle for possession and territory. Then we don't have a playmaking midfielder who can run things in the middle, so the midfield ends up being a bit chaotic and backs to the wall.

And then we don't have speed merchants like Zaha to be really good on the break.

The more I look at it, the more I wonder how you can set this group of players up to play effectively for a run of games.

Easy to plan, coach, and play against.

Our mid field is actually our best asset, but it's being made look ridiculous right now because of poor quality behind it and in front of it. They really have nothing to pass to and no help behind them. Playing mid field for us right now would be a lonely feeling.

November 24, 2017, 04:49:51 AM
Reply #6

bluenuck

We're hiring Allardyce, aren't we?

November 29, 2017, 12:44:27 AM
Reply #7

bluenuck

I agree. I just don't think he'll get the chance now.

Yes he will.

Any Chairman with any common sense will understand this last 5 weeks.

They will also look at how he conducted himself during this period. Which was world class.