October 15, 2019, 03:29:09 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 60277 times)

November 20, 2017, 09:47:57 PM
Reply #585

boothill

Well the 2 goals we scored certainly weren't by our own design. Not sure about these saves i genuinely don't remember them although DCL did miss a decent chance

I thought we were terrible. Palace had 70% possession created numberous good situations.

Did people really think that was a good performance? Happy enough with a point but I thought we just got extremely lucky
We had 60% possesion against leicester, so that really counts for nothing does it really, cause if you dont score , then whats the use in it ?

November 20, 2017, 09:49:39 PM
Reply #586

van der Meyde

It's more competitive than Scottish or Greek leagues, and we weren't favourites or have best team.
We had a 26 year old striker with plenty of first team experience banging them in for half the season and, to quote one opposing manager, "the three best midfielders of the age group in the country".

I'm one of the most sympathetic to the Unsworth in shouts, and he deserves a lot of credit for what he did, but let's not pretend he was given a poor hand.

November 20, 2017, 09:59:12 PM
Reply #587

boothill

Give martinez 3/4 windows, give koeman 3/4 windows. Whats unsworth got ? F***all from some on here. 3 weeks ago we were 2nd from bottom, cut the guy a bit of slack ffs. He knows whats needed more than any outsider. And im sure hes feeling it has much as all us too
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:08:11 PM by boothill »

November 20, 2017, 09:59:55 PM
Reply #588

boothill

Give martinez 3/4 windows, give koeman 3/4 windows. Whats unsworth got ? F***all from some on here. 3 weeks ago we were 2nd from bottom, cut the guy a bit of slack ffs. He knows whats needed more than any outsider. And im sure hes feeling has much as all too

November 20, 2017, 10:10:01 PM
Reply #589

therealdunc

Unsie is awful lads

Best to call a spade a spade and take the blue tinted specs off v
Blue

November 20, 2017, 10:10:37 PM
Reply #590

everton1952

Oh Lor! Tell us what you see in dear Unsie which gives you any hope? (Do not say "he gets us")

November 20, 2017, 10:13:36 PM
Reply #591

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

They pretty much did thrash us in terms of performance. The result was luck not judgement

I'll humour you then, four weeks ago we wouldn't have been so lucky.

November 20, 2017, 10:18:28 PM
Reply #592

therealdunc

Oh Lor! Tell us what you see in dear Unsie which gives you any hope? (Do not say "he gets us")

Unsie is a boss blue, not as boss as Bill, but Bill loves him anyway.

Blue

November 20, 2017, 10:23:16 PM
Reply #593

boothill

not saying he gets us at all, he inherited a downtrodden, well beaten, and probably, quite humiliated squad, with not an ounce of fight left in them.he cant be blamed for the position the team was in when he took over, since then they have started to scrap and at times look out for each other on the pitch.he has took us up the table out of the relegation zone, certainly not out of the fight though.for a caretaker, winning 1 drawing 1 and losing 1 is certainly not a bad record, we are scoring more, still conceding , but a lot less. he's just a caretaker at the mo and doesnt have the luxury of a transfer market, and still some are tearing him apart like he is the highest paid manager weve had, get a grip, he's the CARETAKER, and until the board move their arse and produce the next pep or jose, get behind him or shut the fuck up

November 20, 2017, 10:28:02 PM
Reply #594

Rodenplav64

Well the 2 goals we scored certainly weren't by our own design. Not sure about these saves i genuinely don't remember them although DCL did miss a decent chance

I thought we were terrible. Palace had 70% possession created numberous good situations.

Did people really think that was a good performance? Happy enough with a point but I thought we just got extremely lucky

Possession meant fuck all for Roberto so why worry when the opposition has more and fail to beat us at home .

November 20, 2017, 10:32:31 PM
Reply #595

therealdunc

Heís the CARETAKER

More like the UNDERTAKER given how negative and awful his tactics are never mind his team selection and total inability to respond to whatís going on in the game.

Iím a bit concerned about him going back to the u23s based on what Iíve seen of him so far, no wonder itís widely regarded that U23s football is a million miles away from premier league football.
Blue

November 20, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
Reply #596

Rodenplav64

Just because its worked for others doesnt mean thats a universal solution, I think you have to look at every case individually, in this instance Unsworth has shown little to evidence that hes the right person IMO. I think he gets a little lost, were making loads of subs at half time, or not far into the second half, formations are changing all the time. You could look at as adapting or is it cause he got it woefully wrong in the first place?

That was just off the top of my head I ma sure there are plenty of others in different leagues . We need to get the next Manager right given what we have planned over the next couple of years and I don't think we will do that when the available and interested parties are so weak . Wait and see is all I am saying as hand on heart I don't think we will go down . Unsworth till the end of the season just makes more sense than the wrong appointment on a big salary bringing in a whole new staff .

November 20, 2017, 10:34:26 PM
Reply #597

kramer0

It would be nice to see some improvement week-to-week. It's fair enough to say that the board have undermined him by keeping his position temporary, and we all know how awkward the squad is, but that doesn't explain away the problems we're having.

For example, and this is a big one... the space between the midfield and defense. In every Premier League match under Unsworth, we've gotten torched by the opposition working the ball into that area. Gray and Loftus-Cheek killed us drifting inside off of the right flank, and Watford had a rotating cast of players dropping into that space, with multiple players making runs off the ball in support. Or, in other words, everybody we've played recently has worked out where they can hurt us and we've done nothing to stop it.

I would really like to see Unsworth revisit the 4-3-3 from the Chelsea match:

GK: Pickford
RB: Kenny
CB: Jagielka
CB: Keane/Williams (who cares at this point?)
LB: Baines
DM: Baningime (should be Schneiderlin but who knows what's wrong with him right now)
CM: Gana/Klaassen/Sigurdsson (no clue what to do with this position)
CM: Davies (we're always better with him on the pitch, even when he's not fully at it)
RAM: Lennon
CF: Rooney (drifts side to side, helps us keep the ball and work overloads on the flanks)
LAM: Sandro/Vlasic (no more Mirallas, Lookman is a luxury for when we actually have the ball)

Baningime patrols the space in which opponents are currently destroying us, Rooney helps us keep the ball. If we have any kind of foothold in the match, we can sub Niasse or Calvert-Lewin on for a midfielder, with Rooney dropping deeper. Or if we really need to hoof, we can sub off Rooney and a midfielder for Niasse + Calvert-Lewin.

November 20, 2017, 10:34:36 PM
Reply #598

Rodenplav64

He’s the CARETAKER

More like the UNDERTAKER given how negative and awful his tactics are never mind his team selection and total inability to respond to what’s going on in the game.

I’m a bit concerned about him going back to the u23s based on what I’ve seen of him so far, no wonder it’s widely regarded that U23s football is a million miles away from premier league football.

Don't be a complete knobend just for the sake of it .

November 20, 2017, 10:36:58 PM
Reply #599

therealdunc

Be honest about the performances under Unsworth

They have been dreadful

Iím sorry, why canít people call a spade a spade and stop making excuses for poor old Unsie
Blue