September 23, 2019, 10:15:11 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 59625 times)

November 22, 2017, 12:39:47 AM
Reply #15

Rodenplav64

Of course and I'm delighted with the 4 points. Just not sure the signs are good in terms of the team getting any better

Had we appointed someone we'd had no option but to give them time. Letting it drag on with unsworth then giving it someone else just wastes a lot of time though

If the choices are Allardyce or Dyche because Watford won't let Silva ( who I don't fancy ) talk to us then I say he is the best option .Moshiri and Kenwright obviously have no idea who to appoint and as a club since Kendall we have looked no further than Joe Royle ( ala Unsworth )Southampton , Wigan , Preston and Norwich for our Managers . That being as high as we aim I suppose we will just blow a load of compensation Watfords way . How fucking depressing is that for a club supposedly trying to break the top 4 .

November 22, 2017, 12:49:38 AM
Reply #16

Rodenplav64

Bournemouth 4-0 Huddersfield Town

Possession - Bourne' 31% / Hudd' 69%

Just saying ...
Barcelona like possession from Huddersfield there .

November 22, 2017, 03:34:48 PM
Reply #17

Rodenplav64

https://twitter.com/footballfactman/status/933076851215491072

We lack discipline in the middle . Gana tries to do everything but then leaves massive gaps where I sometimes wonder if we have set out to play with 1 in the middle . Beni has looked the most disciplined so far .

November 23, 2017, 04:57:37 PM
Reply #18

Rodenplav64

You must be joking. Gifts from the ref, Speroni and Cleverley gave us those results. Good luck to you if you hope performances like that will get us results long term.
I didn'‘t think he would fix the mess (and that's why I wasn't overly enthusiastic about sacking Koeman). It was a bit naive to hope that U23 coach would be better than the manager who had finished 7th, 6th and 7th in his 3 years in the prem. You'll never know till you try though. He tried and it's obvious he‘s just not ready. Game against Chelsea was his best, from then we've been degrading with every game.

I feel for Rhino. He was put on the spot by the board. And knowing that he is still in charge just because those mugs can't sort out the replacement doesn't help him.

Do yourself a favour and look at Koemans results as a Manager . He has long losing streaks and slow starts to the season everywhere but in Holland . You really need to compare that to Unsworths 5 games on which you seem to be judging him. I understand you don't want him as Manager but talking shite doesn't help your argument . Koeman was/is an awful Manager .

November 23, 2017, 08:17:04 PM
Reply #19

Rodenplav64

It‘s you who's talking shite mate.
Koeman is not an "awful manager", but he underperformed badly this season and nobody can complain about his dismissal.   The problem is not that he was sacked but that he was sacked without a plan. Now we are in deeper shit than a month ago and I‘m blaming Moshiri and Kenwright for that, not Unsworth. He‘s just a victim of their amateurish actions. That doesn't mean he‘s capable to manage Everton though.

The reaction after the Arsenal game left them with no choice . Lost the fans and the players and that's a good Manager . Lets see where he goes from here .

November 26, 2017, 04:49:00 PM
Reply #20

Rodenplav64

It would be wrong for the club to allow Unsworth to return to the U23s, he has shown himself to be tactically clueless, awful at team selection and totally incapable of impacting a game.

Everton need to move away from romanticising and giving old players jobs for the sake of it and give our players especially the U23 players the best person for the job.

Got nothing against the bloke as a person but as a football club member of staff he has been found out

You are a complete and utter fucking retard .

November 27, 2017, 03:07:48 PM
Reply #21

Rodenplav64

My biggest problem still is square pegs round holes ....even after the Koeman lessons we have learnt sweet fuck fuck all.

We have too many round pegs and not enough square holes or is it round pegs and square holes or square pegs ............................. .. fuck it I know how Unsworth must feel.

November 27, 2017, 07:59:52 PM
Reply #22

Rodenplav64

Thing is Unsworth COULD play a balanced team, for some reason he decides to still play players in the wrong positions, it makes no sense.  We just need someone to come in and play a system where we have players in the right positions in a formation that suits the playing personnel we have.  There's no excuse for playing Mirallas off DCL and Sig on the left of midfield.  In fact there's pretty much no excuse for playing Mirallas at all, but if you have to then play him out wide with Sig behind the front man.

We need someone with tactical nouse and the ability to play a proper system.  I'm praying we get Dyche in now ASAP, he'll sort it out, he's exactly the right man for the job right now.

Balanced ? Pickford is first choice but fuck me for keeper he has an appalling habit of letting goals in . Kenny and Martina are the only 2 fit LB's 1 inexperienced and 1 poor . CH 1 from 4 Jagielaka is past it , Williams woefully out of form , Keane hasn't settled or is nowhere near good enough and Holgate is untested in that position . RB is Baines who like Jagielka is past his sell by date or one of the previously mentioned out of position . Now for the middle of the park where we are seemingly flooded Gueye needs to focus on one area but is overworked , Schneiderlin out of form and not arsed , Sigurdsson luxury player , Klassen hasn't settled and not good enough , Lennon runs around a lot , Besic would get sent off , McCarthy unfit I assume , Davies 2nd season syndrome , Baningime inexperienced but has done OK . And then their is our alleged strike force Niasse tries his heart out , Rooney is no longer a striker , Mirallas has never been a striker and isn't interested anyway , DCL is I am afraid just not good enough to lead the line  , Lookman not experienced enough to warrant a start yet , Vlasic at least looks like a trier but not seen enough really , Ramirez hasn't settled but has looked poor when he has played .

Do you fancy balancing that lot up for me given most if not all have been shite all season long .

November 27, 2017, 08:28:24 PM
Reply #23

Rodenplav64

That's where a good manager comes in to play, seriously look at Burnley and where they've got with organisation, structure and hard work... same with Brighton.  You can blame the players / squad and rightly so but a good manager would sort this out with organisation and structure, it only takes a few decent solid performances to build confidence and you'd then see half the team being completely different in how they perform. 

I thought from your post you had the balanced team sorted from that pile of shite .

November 27, 2017, 09:05:13 PM
Reply #24

Rodenplav64

---Pickford

-Kenny--Jags--Keane--Baines

----Gueye-----
--------------Davies----
----------Sig---
-Lennon------Mirallas / Lookman
----------DCL

How Davies isn't getting a game but Schneiderlin is really baffles me.

yes not all these players are in form or even any good, but a good manager with that set up would do a lot better then a man out of his depth playing half the team out of position!  THAT is a balanced team, there's no arguing that IMO, just need a proper manager with good organisation to get the players fighting for the shirt and being well organised.

You would need a fucking miracle with that line up .