September 18, 2019, 08:25:01 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 59205 times)

October 24, 2017, 07:00:21 PM
Read 59205 times

Normm

Although as a blue I hate to say it: Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish - promoted from within - gave Liverpool their best spell.

When the backroom staff have the talent, promote!  Everton could have prepared Kendall to take over the squad. Thankfully, he came back - a true blue!

Unsworth is the obvious choice and deserves the chance by an Aintree mile. He has proved his worth with the under 23's.

October 26, 2017, 08:36:26 PM
Reply #1

Normm

How about Tuchel with Unsworth as his number 2

Patience! Give the man a chance. That second half display was the most encouraging performance I have seen from Everton in months. I doubt any other manager could have produced this reaction from the players.

For the first time in ages, Everton actually looked like a team.

October 30, 2017, 07:27:21 PM
Reply #2

Normm

Less than one week as interim manager. A good performance at Chelsea. Two defensive mistakes that cost two goals at Leicester. One penalty that was not given that could have changed the match. A much improved second half ...

Leicester (first half) saw a recurrence of recent problems this season: lack of movement up front, slow mid-field, wide men not getting forward.

The lack of balance was helped when Beni came on - he linked up well in mid-field. Sigs also seemed more comfortable at No 10 when Rooney went off.

Next game: Unsy must consider using Lookman again to provide more of an attacking threat and to give more space to other strikers when defenders are drawn away to stop him. Beni, Gaye and Davies link up well together. Sigs could replace Rooney, with chance to recover form.

Give Unsy more time to show his mettle as manager.

November 01, 2017, 04:04:19 AM
Reply #3

Normm

Barton is just trying to help get his mate Dyche into the job so he can feel more welcome at Goodison.

Anyone JB recommends should be considered with caution!

As for Unsy being a bit overweight for a guy with a stocky build, that is totally irrelevant. If he was charging out as captain, then Barton would have a point. But if a manager needs to be an exemplar of fitness, then all should be sacked! That's not their job. Besides, anyone with muscle looks fat in a suit - they don't call Tony Bellew 'Fat Boy' for nothing (but never to his face!).

The point is: can he inspire confidence, can he produce a balanced team that plays with heart and imagination, can he get results? ...He did with the youngsters, so let's see how he gets on over the next games with the first team. Give the guy a chance!

November 08, 2017, 01:31:22 AM
Reply #4

Normm

His subs for the Watford match were spot on and his decision to leave out players who have shown a negative attitude in training sessions has shown good ability to take tough managerial decisions.

Take time to watch the post match interviews and no one should doubt the respect those players have for the man. At this moment, I think we should allow him longer and give Unsy and the team our full support. The spirit in the team at the end of the match is something we need to carry forward.

That was an epic show of character and enthusiasm! Kudos to Unsy for helping to inspire the come back and lift morale at the club.

November 21, 2017, 09:23:48 PM
Reply #5

Normm

Unsworth is the best man for the job by far.

He was not responsible for summer signings and the discordant performances he inherited just three weeks ago. Consider the last matches against good opposition away from home, with Crystal Palace also now showing good performances under Hodgeson. Only ONE fixture at home - that Everton won in spectacular fashion after an epic second half performance. Keep a perspective on what he has had to face and give the man the chance to show his mettle!

Next match also away ... this has been a really difficult run of games and no manager would have sorted it out in such a short space of time. He needs the board's backing - and also the fans for all his work. There are no magic managers ready to wave a magic wand. He needs the backing of the board right now ...otherwise they undermine his position with the staff and players.

November 21, 2017, 11:42:30 PM
Reply #6

Normm

I think you're delusional. Spectacular implies brilliance. The game was exciting and it was a good comeback but we got extremely lucky. If their keeper doesn't get injured we get beat comfortably in all probability. If they score their penalty we definitely don't win
Also palace are a good team now? Based on what? They dominated us too/ the stats are truly horrible. The sort of numbers Barca rack up in terms of passing and possession.

The only game we played well in was the Chelsea game. I'm really not sure what you're seeing in them performances which shows us improving or unsworth winning any tactical battles

That's funny.  lolol You seem to me like a Joey Barton tribute act. If you want to see delusional, look in a mirror. "If they score their penalty we definitely don't win." - Really! What amazing insight you have. Barca? - You liken Palace to Barca and call me delusional?  shakeyheadman- Thanks for the laugh!

November 22, 2017, 12:12:03 AM
Reply #7

Normm

There's a grey area between the idiot who thinks he's the best option by a distance (that's you) and the idiot who thinks he's too fat to manage (that's Barton)

If you think that's clever, there's a grey area missing between your ears. Don't begin a reply with an insult. This is meant to be debate.

Peace!

November 22, 2017, 12:44:47 AM
Reply #8

Normm

the stats are truly horrible. The sort of numbers Barca rack up in terms of passing and possession.

Bournemouth 4-0 Huddersfield Town

Possession - Bourne' 31% / Hudd' 69%

Just saying ...

November 22, 2017, 01:34:45 AM
Reply #9

Normm

Sorry about the insult xx
Seriously? Didn't see that 1 coming. Obviously the stats never tell the whole story but we were pretty bad.

Accepted, same here, but no need for xx.

We were terrible, but I see the positives ...not many, I admit.

November 24, 2017, 08:25:19 PM
Reply #10

Normm

After Sunday, we might have a more balanced view about the manager position. If Everton plays well and gets a result, then I would want to see how the team performs against West Ham.

This is not the time to lose your nerve and panic. Last night's result should be kept in perspective. These are still early days - and I expect a big reaction to come from the players.

December 01, 2017, 12:27:12 AM
Reply #11

Normm

This has been a tough learning curve.

From Everton sinking into the relegation zone to being now 5 points above it, and finishing with a 4-0 win - that's a very positive outcome!

It is also clear how Rooney can be used to greatest effect in the squad! At least, that's one problem less for Allardyce to sort out!

:cheers: Unsy!

January 21, 2018, 12:13:09 AM
Reply #12

Normm

Don't go too far, Unsy.

We seem well past the expiry date with the present manager and people are just starting to notice!

1000?  ???- Hasn't this gone off?