September 22, 2019, 02:14:35 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 59446 times)

November 20, 2017, 11:52:29 PM
Read 59446 times

plumber

I'd say we are worse under Unsworth.
We've been extremely lucky to get 4 points in 5 games.
His picking starting 11 is baffling, tactics laughable, ignoring Vlasic just weird and our performances horrible.

Everton committed 26 fouls during the Palace game, the most of any team in Europe’s top five leagues on Saturday.

Palace held 68.5% of possession.

Palace out-passed Everton 539-250.

Everton completed 65.6% of its passes.

26.4% of Everton’s passes were long balls.

Everton were forced into 34 tackles.

Sticking with Everton’s passing stats, the final data point of note was that Jordan Pickford was Everton’s top pass completion player against the Eagles.

All that against Crystal fucking Palace.

Yes, he is "one of us", "gets us" and is really a likeable person, but that doesn't mean much. I love my mum but don't want her to be Everton manager.

We need a proper manager asap. Dyche's Burnley is Barcelona compared to us. I can't see 3 worse sides than us at the moment.

November 22, 2017, 12:59:58 AM
Reply #1

plumber

Bournemouth 4-0 Huddersfield Town

Possession - Bourne' 31% / Hudd' 69%

Just saying ...

Have you watched the game against Palace?
 It's not only the stats were  shocking. The whole performance was painful to watch. It was fifth game under Unsworth and probably the worst. There's no improvement and no sign of it, quite the opposite. There's a real threat of getting relegated if this circus continues. 4 points out of 6 argument is plain silly. We were unbelievably lucky but you can't count on luck long term.

November 23, 2017, 03:40:37 PM
Reply #2

plumber

Would we have taken those 4 points under koeman? Not a chance. The players have shown spirit to come back and get those results. He's come in to a total mess, he hasn't had a full week with the squad to prepare for games, it's been interrupted by European games and international breaks, I think he's done ok and got some results. You're mad if you think someone is going to come in and fix that defence immediately. He's had 1 home game and won it. The rest have been mostly tough away games to Chelsea, lyon, Leicester and an improving palace.

You must be joking. Gifts from the ref, Speroni and Cleverley gave us those results. Good luck to you if you hope performances like that will get us results long term.
I didn'‘t think he would fix the mess (and that's why I wasn't overly enthusiastic about sacking Koeman). It was a bit naive to hope that U23 coach would be better than the manager who had finished 7th, 6th and 7th in his 3 years in the prem. You'll never know till you try though. He tried and it's obvious he‘s just not ready. Game against Chelsea was his best, from then we've been degrading with every game.

I feel for Rhino. He was put on the spot by the board. And knowing that he is still in charge just because those mugs can't sort out the replacement doesn't help him.

November 23, 2017, 06:45:17 PM
Reply #3

plumber

Do yourself a favour and look at Koemans results as a Manager . He has long losing streaks and slow starts to the season everywhere but in Holland . You really need to compare that to Unsworths 5 games on which you seem to be judging him. I understand you don't want him as Manager but talking shite doesn't help your argument . Koeman was/is an awful Manager .

It‘s you who's talking shite mate.
Koeman is not an "awful manager", but he underperformed badly this season and nobody can complain about his dismissal.   The problem is not that he was sacked but that he was sacked without a plan. Now we are in deeper shit than a month ago and I‘m blaming Moshiri and Kenwright for that, not Unsworth. He‘s just a victim of their amateurish actions. That doesn't mean he‘s capable to manage Everton though.

November 24, 2017, 03:57:55 AM
Reply #4

plumber

Someone still thinks he needs more time?

November 26, 2017, 09:33:19 PM
Reply #5

plumber

I don't think anyone has said he was doing a good job?

Check pages 44-45. 3 or 4 days ago some people thought he had done ok.