December 12, 2018, 02:27:30 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 50131 times)

November 27, 2017, 01:43:43 AM
Reply #810

bigac

Keeping DCL on today after the first half was unforgivable really. It could have at least gave us a chance of going for a win.

Starting both DCL and Mirallas was also clueless!

November 27, 2017, 01:45:23 AM
Reply #811

KoemansNumberTens

No changes at half time either. What in the first half did he see that made him decide to send the exact same side out for the second?

November 27, 2017, 01:53:19 AM
Reply #812

gizzblue

My biggest problem still is square pegs round holes ....even after the Koeman lessons we have learnt sweet fuck fuck all.
Born not made a blue .

November 27, 2017, 02:23:15 AM
Reply #813

KoemansNumberTens

My biggest problem still is square pegs round holes ....even after the Koeman lessons we have learnt sweet fuck fuck all.

Unsworth doesn't seem capable of remembering what went on the game before. Lookman brilliant against Chelsea. Didn't play the next game. Sandro gets himself off the mark doesn't play the next game. It genuinely just seems like a random selection of players he's friendly with. Seems to be no formulating for the previous game as to who might play the next.

November 27, 2017, 02:29:56 AM
Reply #814

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
To be honest he deserves 0 flack at all. Its the boards fault. Fair enough Koeman needed to go. But at the point of sacking him you neeeded a plan to get a replacement in. This really wasn't a sack now think later decision. And thats what we've done

He said he wanted the job though so he was going to be judged on that.

November 27, 2017, 02:44:51 AM
Reply #815

SANA_DR0

feel sorry for him. not his side.. fuck all he can do. we lack pace.. fuck all he can do..

new manager.. still lack pace.. fuck all he can do

someone needs to get info on who did the vast majority of the purchasing.. and why after those signings we didnt get cover for a striking position a left back and CB's

i cant blame unsworth, he inherited a passionless over paid bunch of not giving a fuck stars... most the players seem to be playing for themselves and not for the club/team.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

November 27, 2017, 04:03:10 AM
Reply #816

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He said he wanted the job though so he was going to be judged on that.

Been wondering if heís been taking some of these risks to try and get like a rousing win out of nowhere, try and keep the job through a mad win kind of thing.

Scariest thing for me though is the big joe involvement. Like what the fuck. The fact unsworth has failed isnít his fault, he was in a bad position and Iíve made
My feelings clear on how unfair I think that was, but the manner of his errors and the nature of these collapses, and now rumours that itís really royle picking teams instead of unsworth being trusted...heís fire bombing his own career here the poor bastard.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 27, 2017, 04:21:38 AM
Reply #817

sam of the south

Been wondering if heís been taking some of these risks to try and get like a rousing win out of nowhere, try and keep the job through a mad win kind of thing.

Scariest thing for me though is the big joe involvement. Like what the fuck. The fact unsworth has failed isnít his fault, he was in a bad position and Iíve made
My feelings clear on how unfair I think that was, but the manner of his errors and the nature of these collapses, and now rumours that itís really royle picking teams instead of unsworth being trusted...heís fire bombing his own career here the poor bastard.

The Joe Royle thing is just plain weird.

He hasn't been involved in top level football for over 20 years ffs.

The chatting in his ear thing today really made me feel sorry for Unsworth to be honest.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 27, 2017, 04:23:51 AM
Reply #818

Lxxx

Every game the formation and selection are like they are out of some random generator. To say nothing of the 2-3 changes in shape during the game.

The man is way out of his depth.

November 27, 2017, 06:57:32 AM
Reply #819

Rhys

feel sorry for him. not his side.. fuck all he can do. we lack pace.. fuck all he can do..

There is though, you dont have to leave massive gaps in front of the defence as a starting point to make us hard to score against and hard to beat. We didnt have much pace from 2007-2013 under Moyes but we still managed to have a team that played good football at times, scored a reasonable amount of goals and finished high in the league season in season out. Yes pace is important especially these days and we are struggling for quality up front so while we are make sure we are organised.

Palace last week the first half we had Townsend, Zaha and Loftus Cheek all picking the ball up consistently in between the midfield and defence. His answer of take off a centre midfielder add in a striker and leave even more space was never going to get us control of the game. Starting Atalanta with 2 teenage centre midfielders, Martina out of position at left back and Klaassen out of position left midfield was a disaster waiting to happen and it left the defence exposed for Cristante, Gomez and Petagna to work however they wanted. Then having seen those performances to again start with 4-4-2 with 2 completely out of form centre midfielders in front of a completely out form defence leaving massive gaps for two very erratic but talented players in Tadic and Boufal to be able to do what they want was ludicrous.

You dont need pace to solve those kind of issues, you need a plan and organisation and Unsworth hasnt had a consistent plan. He hasnt thought we are going 4-4-2 most of the time so lets work on how to be organised in that system. Nor has he said lets go 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 and be a defence first team and lets keep some clean sheets or whatever. It's been change from half to half and game to game.

There are obvious problems in the squad the new manager will need to rectify but even with the current squad and those problems if a manager comes in and gets the team working on a system, a style of play that they implement game to game, organised and working hard to implement it we can suddently start doing the basics and not look the shambles we do at the moment. Silva took over Hull when they looked awful and within days they looked a solid organised team that picked up good results pretty much straight away.

Just because the players werent responding to Koeman, and because Unsworth just hasnt been good enough for this level at this point, it doesnt mean a good manager coming in cant transform how we look quickly and then use the hopeful additions in January to help.

November 27, 2017, 08:36:31 AM
Reply #820

Bluedylan

I was one of those who said 'let's see what Unsworth has got' and judge him on the team's performances rather than him 'getting us' or any of that nonsense.

And fair enough, he hasn't been up to it. He's been naive and overly attacking in his lineups. As others have said he should've set us up to be solid and tried to nick games.

But, on top of that, it's absurd that a caretaker manager should be in charge for this long. Footballers are human beings whose lives are like children. Everything is done for them and organised for them. So authority is a crucial thing. Having a man telling them to do things, who they all know won't be there soon is a massive authority vacuum. It's like a supply teacher coming in for a few weeks. The kids know that person doesn't have the proper authority and accountability, so whatever they say out loud, they will be thinking 'yeah sound mate, who are you again, and why should I do this really difficult thing you're asking me to do, when you're nothing more than a fill-in' and that's human nature.

So yes, he has shown himself to be ill-equipped for the job, but the horror show above him once again has to take a lot of the blame.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 27, 2017, 01:53:28 PM
Reply #821

Smingers

Starting both DCL and Mirallas was also clueless!

Should have started Sandro. Just give the ladies a chance. Put him in for a few games in a row. We could hardly be any worse at the moment!

November 27, 2017, 02:15:40 PM
Reply #822

Hawkandro

It's fucking bizarre not featuring more of the new signings. We know the existing players levels. We don't know the newer players. At least there is the potential for them to improve, we know what the maximum performance of Mirallas etc is

Coupled with the fact that Sandro finally scored his first goal the other night; you would put him in and hope to capitalise on the confidence boost. I didn't really want us to sign Rooney, but we now have someone earning roughly £150,000 - £180,000 pw sat on the bench doing fuck all. Play him no.9 and tell him to stay as far forward as possible. No dropping deep, just stay up top and give us some form of an outlet.

Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 27, 2017, 02:41:06 PM
Reply #823

therealdunc

Unsworth has made it worse than Koeman

Under 23 football is a joke
Blue

November 27, 2017, 02:58:53 PM
Reply #824

Waltzer

someone needs to get info on who did the vast majority of the purchasing.. and why after those signings we didnt get cover for a striking position a left back and CB's

i cant blame unsworth, he inherited a passionless over paid bunch of not giving a fuck stars... most the players seem to be playing for themselves and not for the club/team.

I said it at the time he was on a hiding to nothing, but he has made us worse. Weve got a current England international in goal and cb, one who played for his country in the last couple of years, a regular Welsh international and to get them conceding over 3 goals a game is bad in his 6 games in charge. Admittedly they arent playing well but the way he is setting us up is abysmal.
And its his job to motivate and get the passion into the team, it was the criticism that was levied at Koeman so it has to at Unsworth