November 19, 2018, 12:20:56 AM

Author Topic: Something to cheer us all up  (Read 3444 times)

October 24, 2017, 06:56:31 PM
Read 3444 times

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
oh here we go, having a go at the fans fucking hell .

Cant watch in as in work. Does he mention Naismith?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 24, 2017, 06:59:25 PM
Reply #1

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Apparently we all hate Lookman....

I picked up on that the other day with his post despite no one on here saying anything more derogatory than 'he's not quite ready'.

October 25, 2017, 02:04:46 AM
Reply #2

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Is it the same guy who insists we love cloggers and hate flair players on here? I honestly don't know single person on here who doesn't like lookman. Christ even I love him and I'm second most miserable after the red who's pretending to support us

Yeah that's Thomas. I don't mind him at all, and although we have had our differences in the past on here, I do like it when he posts. He does look old on that though - he's only like 27 I think.

October 25, 2017, 05:20:47 AM
Reply #3

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Just watched it. If Thomas makes it as a history teacher kids are going to have a field day with him. Get him on a topic he likes talking about and they'll do no work in his lessons

October 25, 2017, 06:30:25 AM
Reply #4

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
And would likely learn a great deal more as well.

Maybe not what they would need to hear though.

My experience of kids who have a teacher who just talks and talks is that they only take out what they want to hear. It'd be great to have someone with his undoubted passion in the classroom - he just needs to channel it in the right way

October 25, 2017, 06:44:40 AM
Reply #5

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I prefer to be having fun whilst teaching, people tend to take more in when it's relaxed

That's always been my philosophy. And today I sat in an after school meeting with the whole staff where Senior Leadership said this is how we should be teaching and I felt like shouting out "I've been doing that for the last 13 years and that's why I get the results and have built the relationships with the kids that I have, but you used to say that was not the best way." But when somebody writes a paper aboit 'new' teaching styles our SLT lap it up. I just try to teach the way I was taught

October 25, 2017, 06:47:24 AM
Reply #6

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
If he wants to be a history teacher then I really hope he gets that chance and his aspergus doesn't hinder his chances, kids being in contact with someone who has a certain disorder or syndrome (apologies if that's not the right description) and overcoming it, may be a better life lesson than any history lesson.

It shouldn't hinder him in terms of getting a job. My only concern would be how his Asperger manifests itself and how he controls it as schools are stressful places and education is a minefield. I've got several pupils with Aspergers and ea h one is different in their own way, but I love teaching them. I've made a real break through with one and his ability to understand sarcasm and not taken too many things literally.