November 18, 2017, 08:58:05 AM

Author Topic: Something to cheer us all up  (Read 1758 times)

October 25, 2017, 01:53:41 AM
Reply #15

Tofifee

Fans dont like Lookman and Davies....?? What fans...??
we have spent all year roaring to play Lookman and get Davies in the starting 11....
what the fook is this lad on about?????
The one the fans dont like are Davy and Williams
Lookman and Tom are fan favs!

This is bollocks!!

deCoubertin

October 25, 2017, 01:57:23 AM
Reply #16

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
He does talk fast! But it's good to hear someone that passionate, always think it's a bit shit how he gets insulted for seemingly no reason when he's made one of his points on here in the past.
Other than Unsworth being a 'backwards step' he makes a few good points.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:01:44 AM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 25, 2017, 01:57:58 AM
Reply #17

KoemansNumberTens

I picked up on that the other day with his post despite no one on here saying anything more derogatory than 'he's not quite ready'.

Is it the same guy who insists we love cloggers and hate flair players on here? I honestly don't know single person on here who doesn't like lookman. Christ even I love him and I'm second most miserable after the red who's pretending to support us

October 25, 2017, 02:04:46 AM
Reply #18

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Is it the same guy who insists we love cloggers and hate flair players on here? I honestly don't know single person on here who doesn't like lookman. Christ even I love him and I'm second most miserable after the red who's pretending to support us

Yeah that's Thomas. I don't mind him at all, and although we have had our differences in the past on here, I do like it when he posts. He does look old on that though - he's only like 27 I think.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 25, 2017, 02:55:21 AM
Reply #19

BlueBeagle

He invents things to suit his narrative or paints the opinion of a single person as that of the collective fanbase.

October 25, 2017, 05:20:47 AM
Reply #20

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Just watched it. If Thomas makes it as a history teacher kids are going to have a field day with him. Get him on a topic he likes talking about and they'll do no work in his lessons

October 25, 2017, 05:56:46 AM
Reply #21

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Just watched it. If Thomas makes it as a history teacher kids are going to have a field day with him. Get him on a topic he likes talking about and they'll do no work in his lessons

And would likely learn a great deal more as well.

Maybe not what they would need to hear though.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 25, 2017, 06:30:25 AM
Reply #22

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
And would likely learn a great deal more as well.

Maybe not what they would need to hear though.

My experience of kids who have a teacher who just talks and talks is that they only take out what they want to hear. It'd be great to have someone with his undoubted passion in the classroom - he just needs to channel it in the right way

October 25, 2017, 06:36:29 AM
Reply #23

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
If he wants to be a history teacher then I really hope he gets that chance and his aspergus doesn't hinder his chances, kids being in contact with someone who has a certain disorder or syndrome (apologies if that's not the right description) and overcoming it, may be a better life lesson than any history lesson.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 25, 2017, 06:36:58 AM
Reply #24

Bally

Administrator
My experience of kids who have a teacher who just talks and talks is that they only take out what they want to hear. It'd be great to have someone with his undoubted passion in the classroom - he just needs to channel it in the right way
Yeah I prefer to be having fun whilst teaching, people tend to take more in when it's relaxed
It's the roll I way

October 25, 2017, 06:44:40 AM
Reply #25

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I prefer to be having fun whilst teaching, people tend to take more in when it's relaxed

That's always been my philosophy. And today I sat in an after school meeting with the whole staff where Senior Leadership said this is how we should be teaching and I felt like shouting out "I've been doing that for the last 13 years and that's why I get the results and have built the relationships with the kids that I have, but you used to say that was not the best way." But when somebody writes a paper aboit 'new' teaching styles our SLT lap it up. I just try to teach the way I was taught

October 25, 2017, 06:47:24 AM
Reply #26

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
If he wants to be a history teacher then I really hope he gets that chance and his aspergus doesn't hinder his chances, kids being in contact with someone who has a certain disorder or syndrome (apologies if that's not the right description) and overcoming it, may be a better life lesson than any history lesson.

It shouldn't hinder him in terms of getting a job. My only concern would be how his Asperger manifests itself and how he controls it as schools are stressful places and education is a minefield. I've got several pupils with Aspergers and ea h one is different in their own way, but I love teaching them. I've made a real break through with one and his ability to understand sarcasm and not taken too many things literally.

October 25, 2017, 02:12:32 PM
Reply #27

phillyt

Fans dont like Lookman and Davies....?? What fans...??
we have spent all year roaring to play Lookman and get Davies in the starting 11....
what the fook is this lad on about?????
The one the fans dont like are Davy and Williams
Lookman and Tom are fan favs!

This is bollocks!!

Genuinely there are some fans. I donít go every match but when I do there is a good number of people around me (front of gt6) moaning about him, grumbling when he gets the ball, calling him shite when he loses it. There has also been a noticible increase in people giving it to tom davies.
These are a minority but itís definitely there. To give an impression of the type of people these are one of them thinks Calvert lewin isnít a striker but is ok on the wing.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

October 25, 2017, 04:51:49 PM
Reply #28

boothill

We had a teacher like that , "tell us about the war sir" 

October 25, 2017, 05:39:01 PM
Reply #29

Deano Blue Boy

Tom has aged.  Always a good lad Tom.