December 17, 2018, 08:04:32 PM

Poll

Sign his new contract

Yes.
111 (24.1%)
No.
80 (17.4%)
Will wait to see what happens with the new management position.
89 (19.3%)
He's already on his bike and he's off.
181 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 461

Author Topic: Ross Barkley. Will he, or won't he?  (Read 43305 times)

December 03, 2017, 05:10:10 AM
Reply #135

ally2

I don't think he's injured, I think there's been a fall out and he's said he won't play again.

Doubt it. He wouldn't get a wage would he?

December 03, 2017, 05:12:43 AM
Reply #136

The Analog Kid

Iíve been told by a friend of a friend (of his) that heís deffo off in January, to Spurs.

EDIT: Iím not one for posting rumours or owt, but this lad is a good friend of Rossís, told him straight, heís going.

Always wondered why it was taking him so long to recover from a hamstring injury, maybe this is why. Quite gutted tbh.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 05:16:53 AM by The Analog Kid »

December 03, 2017, 06:54:09 AM
Reply #137

GrantyBoy78

The talk of Spurs has rumbled on for about 18 months now, there must be something in it.

Reading between the lines - the Chelsea move on deadline day was something he wasnít remotely interested in so itís not like he just wanted any old move to any old club with better prospects. Heís obviously got a specific destination in mind. There are rumours that the Chelsea bid came out of the blue to Spurs and we (obviously to get a decent fee) tried to rail-road him into it. Levy spoke to Ross on his way to the medical and said they would be back in jan/summer.

December 03, 2017, 07:42:55 AM
Reply #138

bogie

he might want to rethink going to spurs if they don't get top 4 this year there will a few on the way out for sure
and there wage cap looks set in stone with the new ground beginning to be a bit of a sink hole

December 03, 2017, 08:44:32 AM
Reply #139

mikey_blue

Can't stand the lad anymore. Just leave, we'll be fine, we've got Davy Klaassen. *Cries*

December 03, 2017, 10:34:44 AM
Reply #140

bluenuck

he might want to rethink going to spurs if they don't get top 4 this year there will a few on the way out for sure
and there wage cap looks set in stone with the new ground beginning to be a bit of a sink hole

If Spurs shit the bed this season, and fail to win anything next season there could be a big exit of players, and even pochettino.

Chelsea would actually be the better spot for him as fabregas is there only true AM and he's 31 in May.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:38:00 AM by bluenuck »

December 03, 2017, 11:27:40 AM
Reply #141

Thomas

I can't see him staying. At all. Signing on fee he would recieve would be too much for him to miss out on.

I still cant understand why Spurs over Chelsea, particularly as Spurs have a more congested midfield.

December 03, 2017, 01:44:53 PM
Reply #142

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
My momma says I'm special.

December 03, 2017, 02:13:19 PM
Reply #143

Paddockoldie

He might be keeping fit for the move? I'll be sad to see him go but unless Spurs sell one of their mid's he might struggle for game time.. maybe Eriksons off to Barca?

December 03, 2017, 02:45:36 PM
Reply #144

School of Science

Been out an awful long time with this injury, would be a bit weird if he never played for us throughout December and is fit right away for either Spurs / Chelsea if / when he signs for them.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 03, 2017, 03:04:55 PM
Reply #145

GrantyBoy78

He might be keeping fit for the move? I'll be sad to see him go but unless Spurs sell one of their mid's he might struggle for game time.. maybe Eriksons off to Barca?
Thatís not a bad theory actually. They coordinate it so Barkley comes in as a direct replacement for Ericsson. Sell Ericsson for £80m, get Barkley for £15m. Tidy. Bit of am assumption that Poch can get Barkley up to Ericssonís level though.

Itís all a bit odd. It canít be about money as our contract proposal was as good as anything Spurs can offer. And he couldíve doubled his wages 18 months ago if heíd actually signed that contact - think how much money heís missed out on by running down his contact. If he was off to City for £300k a week it wouldíve been worth it but very much doubt thatís the case.

If it was only about winning medals and playing CL, heíd have just joined Chelsea.

He might really want to play for Poch but would you put your career on hold for 18 months just to work under a manager that could leave at any time?

There might be a left-field move from someone like Barca. Now heís pretty much available on a pre-contact deal - it would be a pretty risk free move for them. If it didnít work out for him, they could just sell him on. Deulofeu is getting game time so donít see why Ross couldnít get minutes over there.

Only thing Iím certain of, and have been all along, it that heís off.

December 03, 2017, 05:36:29 PM
Reply #146

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

December 03, 2017, 05:42:49 PM
Reply #147

gizzblue

If Sam can't change his mind one his one to one player talks ...then bye Ross ...enjoy spurs bench and recovery room ...careful nose tapping piss heads in clubs down south though .😅.
Born not made a blue .

December 03, 2017, 05:59:56 PM
Reply #148

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think he's even been spotted siting in the stands all these months, clearly doesn't give a shit about us, good riddance.

December 03, 2017, 06:11:34 PM
Reply #149

sam of the south

It was obvious he was waiting for Spurs in the summer.

Fuck Spurs and fuck him then.

I love him, though, and would be made up if he stayed, but Spurs knew he wanted to go there, told him to sit tight and move on a free, and he clearly feels no remorse in doing so.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them