January 18, 2018, 02:13:43 PM

Poll

Sign his new contract

Yes.
111 (24.1%)
No.
80 (17.4%)
Will wait to see what happens with the new management position.
89 (19.3%)
He's already on his bike and he's off.
181 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 461

Author Topic: Ross Barkley. Will he, or won't he?  (Read 26796 times)

December 07, 2017, 02:52:55 PM
Reply #210

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Sort of tempting to hold on to him so there's no chance of him going to the world cup. But that would be losing out on a lot of money, and he probably wouldn't even be arsed anyway.

He's not a hope in hell of getting anywhere near the World Cup squad.

deCoubertin

December 07, 2017, 02:53:00 PM
Reply #211

GrantyBoy78

Sort of tempting to hold on to him so there's no chance of him going to the world cup. But that would be losing out on a lot of money, and he probably wouldn't even be arsed anyway.
Yeah, he’s out of the WC picture I think - and he’s only got himself to blame. Even if he had been fit, I’m not sure he would’ve played, even his u-turn on the Chelsea move. Then making that statement basically calling Moshiri a liar, denying he was ever on his way for a medical or he’d agreed to go there.

Winding down your contract at your boyhood club, the club that gave him his chance - is pretty much the most despicable thing a player can do.

December 07, 2017, 03:10:04 PM
Reply #212

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
That Phil Foden is probably higher in the pecking order for a place in the WC squad next year.

Thats not even a dig at Ross, it's just the way things have turned out.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 03:11:10 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 07, 2017, 03:18:18 PM
Reply #213

School of Science

Yeah, he’s out of the WC picture I think - and he’s only got himself to blame. Even if he had been fit, I’m not sure he would’ve played, even his u-turn on the Chelsea move. Then making that statement basically calling Moshiri a liar, denying he was ever on his way for a medical or he’d agreed to go there.

Winding down your contract at your boyhood club, the club that gave him his chance - is pretty much the most despicable thing a player can do.

About time somebody said that, instead of its Koeman's fault, Moshiri's fault, Everton's fault, Everton fans fault, gangsters fault and his err agents fault. Have I missed anyone ? He is an adult he makes his own decisions, it makes me angry, it makes me sad and I would love him to resign another contract with us but it's highly unlikely, Ross has had ample opportunities but it just that to me, all that matters is him, not us and definitely not his home town club.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 07, 2017, 04:04:37 PM
Reply #214

Cereal Killer

December 07, 2017, 04:09:20 PM
Reply #215

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He can sign a pre contract in jan I think. Genuinely don’t think we’ll see him again in a blue shirt.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 07, 2017, 04:15:39 PM
Reply #216

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He can sign a pre contract in jan I think. Genuinely don’t think we’ll see him again in a blue shirt.
Is that pre contract only if he goes abroad or can he sign for spurs?

Simply simply lovely

December 07, 2017, 04:30:52 PM
Reply #217

GrantyBoy78

Is that pre contract only if he goes abroad or can he sign for spurs?
Abroad only.

December 07, 2017, 04:36:56 PM
Reply #218

Lincs Toffee

Didn't Sam say in his first presser that he thought a deal was already done for him to go?
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

December 07, 2017, 04:40:55 PM
Reply #219

GrantyBoy78

Hopefully Spurs will make a sensible offer of £15m or so and he’ll leave in the next window and we can draw a line under it. If, however, Levy tries to take the piss and says ‘£5m now is better than nothing in the summer, take it or leave it...’ then he can fuck off. Don’t give Ross any minutes either, see where a year off the pitch leaves him.

Shame it’s come to this but it would be very naive of Ross not to expect a backlash when you’ve run down your contract.

What makes me most sad is that he didn’t buy into the new owner’s vision and had no interest being part of it. Ok, it’s not quite panned out how we’d have all liked but we can still get ourselves back on track. But Ross just wasn’t interested.

December 07, 2017, 04:48:34 PM
Reply #220

Waltzer

What makes me most sad is that he didn’t buy into the new owner’s vision and had no interest being part of it. Ok, it’s not quite panned out how we’d have all liked but we can still get ourselves back on track. But Ross just wasn’t interested.

Not quite panned out? We've almost gone backwards under Moshiri, we've spent no more than we did under Kenwright and just employed an expert in avoiding relegation. If thats the marker for him signing his contract then you've just provided the ideal reasoning behind him wanting to leave.

A football career is only a short thing and ill be surprised if we win anything during Barkleys career with or without him here.

December 07, 2017, 04:57:06 PM
Reply #221

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
When Spurs come to Goodison, yes
He doesn’t sit in the stands for us what makes you think he’ll do the same for Spurs?
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 07, 2017, 04:59:36 PM
Reply #222

GrantyBoy78

Not quite panned out? We've almost gone backwards under Moshiri, we've spent no more than we did under Kenwright and just employed an expert in avoiding relegation. If thats the marker for him signing his contract then you've just provided the ideal reasoning behind him wanting to leave.

A football career is only a short thing and ill be surprised if we win anything during Barkleys career with or without him here.

But Ross wasn’t to know that this might be a false dawn? I’m talking about when Moshiri took over. There was genuine excitement when we were bought out, plans for a new stadium, spending money - but Ross didn’t buy into it.

December 07, 2017, 05:04:48 PM
Reply #223

Waltzer

But Ross wasn’t to know that this might be a false dawn? I’m talking about when Moshiri took over. There was genuine excitement when we were bought out, plans for a new stadium, spending money - but Ross didn’t buy into it.

Maybe he knew more than most as hes been proven right?

December 07, 2017, 06:14:16 PM
Reply #224

gizzblue

But Ross wasn't to know that this might be a false dawn? I'm talking about when Moshiri took over. There was genuine excitement when we were bought out, plans for a new stadium, spending money - but Ross didn't buy into it.
Didn't buy into it cos he's a shit BLUENOSE .. .and soon to be the new Judas .