November 24, 2017, 10:55:24 PM

Poll

Sign his new contract

Author Topic: Ross Barkley. Will he, or won't he?  (Read 6739 times)

October 27, 2017, 10:44:57 PM
Reply #75

BlueForYou

Didn't Koeman give him the captain's armband for a couple of games?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

deCoubertin

October 27, 2017, 11:08:20 PM
Reply #76

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't Koeman give him the captain's armband for a couple of games?

Yeah, I think he asked him to take it over to Leighton.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

October 27, 2017, 11:16:14 PM
Reply #77

blue1948

1-3 happened on Koeman's watch. Maybe it was a coincidence and he was just done.

However, let's face it from Day 1 pretty much he was Koeman's whipping boy and the one that was dropped and/or chewed out in the media. Koeman tried to get in Sigurdsson in pretty much every transfer window before this one so maybe he knew he was for the chop as soon as his replacement came in and started making plans.

Regarding 4, he's not said anything before or after in public so nothing has really changed there. Personally I don't mind that, I'd rather he dealt with the club directly than via Twitter.
Well you would have if he would indeed have dealt with the club ! So personally I think he wants to go and in fact a lot has changed .He has allowed himself to be shown on the media smiling and made no -well at least as far as we know -and that is all we deal in here really isn't it -sign of any pen to paper . Which I unequivocally hope he doesn't unless it is to make a quick buck for the club ,ala Moyes!

October 27, 2017, 11:19:44 PM
Reply #78

blue1948

If he wants to have a better chance of winning trophies, improve as a player and forge an England career he'll go to Spurs.

No brainer.
I think you have hit the nail on the head ,all the squad players get a medal .If he wants to be a special player he should stay with his boyhood club and prove me wrong .

October 27, 2017, 11:22:19 PM
Reply #79

BlueForYou

Couldn't have been Leighton, he didn't play against Yeovil
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 27, 2017, 11:25:04 PM
Reply #80

Lxxx

I think you have hit the nail on the head ,all the squad players get a medal .If he wants to be a special player he should stay with his boyhood club and prove me wrong .

So if he stays he's a special player but if he goes to Spurs he's suddenly not that good anymore and only a squad player. Right, okay.

October 27, 2017, 11:54:38 PM
Reply #81

toffee_scot

We'll see what happens, at the moment though he has to compete with about 3-4 other players in his position. Unsworth could be influential but that will depend on whether he gets the job or not.

October 28, 2017, 05:41:31 AM
Reply #82

Heisenberg

So if he stays he's a special player but if he goes to Spurs he's suddenly not that good anymore and only a squad player. Right, okay.

I think Its more the fact that the players spurs have are better, which will make him a squad player

October 28, 2017, 10:42:07 AM
Reply #83

blue1948

Did you read the end of my post .I don't think he will ever be that player ,here or wherever

October 28, 2017, 03:20:30 PM
Reply #84

Waltzer

According to Stubbs be turned down Chelsea as he was worried about the lack of game time, I fail to see how different that'll be at spurs? He's not good enough for that level at the moment and he should realise that

October 28, 2017, 03:47:07 PM
Reply #85

BlueForYou

He's banking that he will be good enough for Spurs

Harry Catterick

October 29, 2017, 01:19:09 AM
Reply #86

Toddacelli

Reading Unsworth comments about him being 3 to 4 weeks away I would be annoyed if he played him (if still in charge) if he hasnt committed by then. Personally I think hes gone and I dont want us to invest anymore time in him

Yeah - I'd hate it if he helped us win some football matches while he's still here.

Would much rather he got paid his obscene Premiership footballer's wages just to fuck about at Finch Farm having massages and jacuzzis and shit.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 29, 2017, 01:47:31 AM
Reply #87

gizzblue

Not really arsed tbh. .I think of he was gonna sign hed have done it the day Koeman left to prove a point ...won't be anywhere near a starter anywhere above us unless he can play like he did for twenty mins against Newcastle about two years ago .

October 29, 2017, 02:11:04 AM
Reply #88

Cereal Killer

Newcastle's potential new owners are picturing him as a marquee signing....

October 29, 2017, 02:16:31 AM
Reply #89

Waltzer

Yeah - I'd hate it if he helped us win some football matches while he's still here.

Would much rather he got paid his obscene Premiership footballer's wages just to fuck about at Finch Farm having massages and jacuzzis and shit.
If he's 3 to 4 weeks away that brings us to the beginning of December almost. It'd take a good 6 games to get up to match speed by which time he'd be ready to sign for spurs or anyone else. I'd rather focus on players that want to be here, not get others match fit so they're ready to go when they sign for another club. I don't understand why you'd differ? Shall we bring him back, build the team around him then be back to square one in January but with a disillusioned Sigurdson or another player that does want to be here?