November 21, 2018, 06:16:18 PM

Poll

Sign his new contract

Yes.
111 (24.1%)
No.
80 (17.4%)
Will wait to see what happens with the new management position.
89 (19.3%)
He's already on his bike and he's off.
181 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 461

Author Topic: Ross Barkley. Will he, or won't he?  (Read 42408 times)

October 29, 2017, 02:46:45 AM
Read 42408 times

bluenuck

Barkley's position was always love Everton, hate Koeman. Koeman was threatening to sell him, imagine him saying that to Lukaku as a means to get him to stay.

He didn't really threaten him. He said if Barkley didn't sign the contract, which koeman actually said he wanted him to, then he'd be forced to sell him and not let him just walk for nothing the next season which would have made all of us even more livid.

I really don't get where this myth of koeman not liking Ross and treating him terribly has come from. Koeman had always said Ross was a good player, and always said he wanted Ross to stay.

November 12, 2017, 01:53:01 AM
Reply #1

bluenuck

Don't get that logic? If it was just about Koeman I'd agree, the fact he hasn't signed would suggest there's more to it. Money and a new challenge probably being top of the list.

Yup. Everything we've read, seen and heard would lead us to this conclusion. A chance to win trophies and make more money at the same Time.

But yet people are still going on about this myth that he hated koeman and vice versa.

December 03, 2017, 10:34:44 AM
Reply #2

bluenuck

he might want to rethink going to spurs if they don't get top 4 this year there will a few on the way out for sure
and there wage cap looks set in stone with the new ground beginning to be a bit of a sink hole

If Spurs shit the bed this season, and fail to win anything next season there could be a big exit of players, and even pochettino.

Chelsea would actually be the better spot for him as fabregas is there only true AM and he's 31 in May.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:38:00 AM by bluenuck »

January 02, 2018, 06:30:30 AM
Reply #3

bluenuck

We've had 3 coaches in a span of about 5 months now, and all the problems are still the same. Especially in attacking play.

Don't see how people can't say that just maybe, maybe, our players aren't good enough.

January 02, 2018, 09:59:03 PM
Reply #4

bluenuck

The same players who made all those chances for lukaku way more than he scored we all know how poor his first touch is ....now can't get over the halfway line ?.
Doesn't really ring true tbh....the negative style employed by three managers in a row doesn't help in the slightest either ....even Koeman had this team attacking last year ffs.

True. But last season Koeman had Lukaku... And Ross Barkley.

This team is in desperate need of a good centre forward a good winger and a good number 10. Our attacking players aren't good enough. A manager can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. They look at the team and manage accordingly.

ffs we don't even have a left back right now and a kid playing right back.

And just to be clear I'm defending all 3 managers we've had. I actually didn't even really want to fire Koeman.

January 05, 2018, 10:20:58 AM
Reply #5

bluenuck

I said a while back Chelsea is a way better fit for him then Spurs.

Spurs mid field is packed.

Chelsea have an aging fabregas, and drinkwater. Barkley will get a lot of playing time.

January 05, 2018, 10:22:54 AM
Reply #6

bluenuck

Yeah, I doubt it'd be a lot more than that given the offer in the summer and he had the injury which has done nothing to improve his value.

Looks like we might be in for N'Zonzi soon.

And they know the player wants out.

And they know they could just wait till the summer and get him for free.

15 mil. Sounds good to me.

January 05, 2018, 11:20:47 PM
Reply #7

bluenuck

You watch now just like Stones straight in the England team. Hope he's still smiling while he's collecting splinters in his arse on their bench. Know that sounds bitter but Christ Chelsea have a Shattuck of class midfielders.

He has to play better than Drinkwater and Fabregas....

I believe Fabregas deal is up at the end of next season.

He's gonna play.

January 06, 2018, 12:29:26 PM
Reply #8

bluenuck

Who can I hate next?

Are you kidding?

There's tons to hate on. Ffs, Koeman is still being blamed for this shite.