November 19, 2017, 01:00:56 PM

Poll

Sign his new contract

Author Topic: Ross Barkley. Will he, or won't he?  (Read 6303 times)

October 29, 2017, 02:25:34 AM
Reply #90

Ridge

I think you have to expect some resistance, in a sort of "actually Ross, we've moved on and everything is great now" kind of way. and a "you never called as much as I wanted anyway".

Except we've been getting bummed by everyone who comes over and the weaknesses in the team are Ross' strengths. Even if we are hoping to get better players long term, in the short term, he's got what we need. And longer term, he will still be very useful, even when we have better options.

Barkley's position was always love Everton, hate Koeman. Koeman was threatening to sell him, imagine him saying that to Lukaku as a means to get him to stay.

deCoubertin

October 29, 2017, 02:42:09 AM
Reply #91

BlueBeagle

Barkley's position was always love Everton, hate Koeman.

Pure speculation based on absolutely fuck all.

The talks actually began when Martinez was still manager.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/05/roberto-martinez-ross-barkley-everton-contract

October 29, 2017, 02:46:45 AM
Reply #92

bluenuck

Barkley's position was always love Everton, hate Koeman. Koeman was threatening to sell him, imagine him saying that to Lukaku as a means to get him to stay.

He didn't really threaten him. He said if Barkley didn't sign the contract, which koeman actually said he wanted him to, then he'd be forced to sell him and not let him just walk for nothing the next season which would have made all of us even more livid.

I really don't get where this myth of koeman not liking Ross and treating him terribly has come from. Koeman had always said Ross was a good player, and always said he wanted Ross to stay.

October 29, 2017, 03:28:52 AM
Reply #93

hamshank33

Some players need the carrot,  Ross is one of them.  Koeman had shit man management skills. That's not speculation. It was and is plain to see.all he had was the stick or the door.  Oumar is better at dealing with that shit than Ross. And further more if he didn't have three players on him at all times  last season whilst still always showing for the ball and charging forward only for big Rom to point somewhere  but not run anywhere to make space he would have been much more affective.  Which was quite alot anyway. He would  have more options  more people showing for the ball and less people on him as they would have more people to cover.he wouldn't  be the only one moving forward in this team,so more affective.  But there are no shortage  of winging fucks who would still get on his case. "fucking Ross always trying  to take people on and losing the ball" or "fucking crabs always playing  the ball sideways and backward" make your mind up.  Anyway  I would love him to stay maybe we can improve in a couple of years and people can start sucking our cocks instead of Spurs. They have built a good team over the last five years but FFS get a grip little we were competing with villa for 5th for quite a few years and then we'll be competing with Tottenham now they have kicked on but lets not get to f****** carried away with ourselves or do we all work for the London media as well. Going to emulate Ari and sign off with BIG LOVE ,hamshank😀
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 03:30:40 AM by hamshank33 »
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?hmm hmm?

November 11, 2017, 03:37:47 AM
Reply #94

Dr. Sponge

Just watching England and Loftus-Cheek has a bit of the Ross Barkleys about him.

Strong, balanced, both footed, good technique, likely to get dropped in town for shaggin another lad's bird.. etc etc

All the key attributes.

November 11, 2017, 03:55:47 AM
Reply #95

Lxxx

Just watching England and Loftus-Cheek has a bit of the Ross Barkleys about him.

Strong, balanced, both footed, good technique, likely to get dropped in town for shaggin another lad's bird.. etc etc

All the key attributes.

I was hoping in the summer we might ask for him in part-exchange if Lukaku went to Chelsea. We lack any real physical presence in the middle of the park and he looks like he might turn into a player.

November 11, 2017, 04:24:04 AM
Reply #96

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

All the key attributes.

Yeah i agree. Quite like him.

Barkley light years above him, like.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 11, 2017, 05:36:38 AM
Reply #97

Dr. Sponge

Yeah i agree. Quite like him.

Barkley light years above him, like.

I wouldn't say so... Barkley is easily the better dribbler yeah, but Loftus-Cheek looks like he has that awareness that Ross seems to lack.

November 11, 2017, 05:47:23 AM
Reply #98

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
People talk as if Barkley has never made an assist in his life.

November 11, 2017, 05:52:21 AM
Reply #99

Dr. Sponge

People talk as if Barkley has never made an assist in his life.

No I rate Barkley. Just wouldn't say he was "light years" ahead.

November 11, 2017, 06:46:28 AM
Reply #100

Nick

Hope he stays.  An outstanding talent.

That said, I would fully understand his decision to leave.  I think Koeman shat on him, plus I don't buy into all this talk of disloyalty when players move on...it's their job ffs.

November 11, 2017, 06:54:05 AM
Reply #101

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
No I rate Barkley. Just wouldn't say he was "light years" ahead.

Yeah man thatís cool, Iíve got no issue with your post. More of a grumble built up over time than a swipe at yours. I didnít quote the post for that reason.

November 11, 2017, 05:48:17 PM
Reply #102

SANA_DR0

answer is obvious yes!

(please dont let me down Ross!)
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

November 11, 2017, 06:27:26 PM
Reply #103

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If anything, his hand just got even stronger given the players who are on well over 100k a week doing absolutely nothing.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

November 11, 2017, 07:10:19 PM
Reply #104

everton1952

Will he won't he what? Play for us again? I hope so. If we are paying him a salary and he is declared fit he must put an Everton shirt on again. By now we should have been given a clear idea when he will be available again. Maybe they have said so but I didn't see it.