August 18, 2018, 06:12:34 AM

Poll

Sign his new contract

Yes.
111 (24.1%)
No.
80 (17.4%)
Will wait to see what happens with the new management position.
89 (19.3%)
He's already on his bike and he's off.
181 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 461

Author Topic: Ross Barkley. Will he, or won't he?  (Read 38543 times)

December 30, 2017, 08:57:07 PM
Reply #15

School of Science

iv'e just always thought how bad someone would feel to be booed by your own, but the wife always tells me i'm a soft bastard.

Yes feel the same it must be soul destroying and at the same time sap the players confidence to hear their own fans booing them. That's it really what benefit are the team getting when the player just wants to hide.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 01, 2018, 06:39:32 PM
Reply #16

School of Science

Haha. Everton have only registered above 50% possession once since he has been in charge, that was 51%.

He just blamed his forwards on national television for not posing enough threat when he picked players behind them that are all defensive.

He clearly instructs defenders to go long into channels that bypasses midfield. He mentioned this, live on television in his ‘Sam Survival Secrets’

That, is evidence. 

Just sick of being outplayed this season that's with Allardyce and before him with Unsworth and Koeman. Do we practice ball control, passing in training anymore ?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 06:43:09 PM by School of Science »

January 04, 2018, 11:44:00 PM
Reply #17

School of Science

Cant argue with most of that. The money is pretty much irrelevant in my opinion, whats the difference between 35 and 20 million in todays football world? We've wasted much more than that and its his prerogative to do what he wants. It again strikes me as bad management from the top, 2 years ago he was offered a new contract, he refused and as a result should have been put on the transfer list, we have let this happen just as much as him

Thing is though look at the stick Rooney took, but at least he was straight with the club and the fans and had the decency to put a transfer request in. Barkley for me has treated the club and the fans with utter contempt.

January 05, 2018, 12:24:44 AM
Reply #18

School of Science

Can't wait for him to leave just to hear what the fucker says

To be honest not arsed what he has to say....His actions have spoken far louder than any words.

January 05, 2018, 12:29:31 AM
Reply #19

School of Science

Will contain 'ambition' 'champions league' 'chance to win things' 'fresh start' 'new challenges' 'nothing to do with money'

Well then at least he will be honest with his new club and new fans.

January 05, 2018, 05:29:13 AM
Reply #20

School of Science

If we sell him for money will people be happier?

Depends how much.

January 05, 2018, 05:34:40 AM
Reply #21

School of Science

Rather he went to Chelsea than Spurs if that makes any sense, at least Chelsea are winners and I honestly have disliked Spurs since Levy screwed us twice over Pienaar. Resigned to him going but won't be wishing him well and won't be remembered with any great affection by me anyway. We should be looking at a player exchange from Chelsea,  have they any decent left backs or forwards that can go on loan to us......

January 05, 2018, 10:13:09 PM
Reply #22

School of Science

Gonna smash the Dutch league at Vitesse Arnhem next season.

That would be funny.

January 05, 2018, 10:40:21 PM
Reply #23

School of Science

Koeman got slated for saying Ross has talent but needs to improve and be more consistent.

Conte just said Ross has talent and has huge potential to improve.

What’s the difference?

Chelsea are in the champions league, we aren't.

January 05, 2018, 11:11:32 PM
Reply #24

School of Science

from what ive been told, his mrs is a sister of a / some ganxtas, he got involved with the wrong folk., he loves Everton still, but they are forcing him out of town..

but i have no idea how real that is, kinda makes sense from how the managers we have had have spoken about him...

So did Ross get a 4 month stay of execution then because his transfer fell through in August ?
Sorry if that comes across as flippant or doubting your sources, but it does sound a little far fetched.

January 05, 2018, 11:17:44 PM
Reply #25

School of Science

Massive grin on his face signing the contract

You watch now just like Stones straight in the England team. Hope he's still smiling while he's collecting splinters in his arse on their bench. Know that sounds bitter but Christ Chelsea have a Shitfull of class midfielders. As a sidenote,nice to know Rossy wasn't addressing Everton fans now on his intramural account, with the # I'm back and Nearly there shite.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 11:20:58 PM by School of Science »

January 06, 2018, 12:48:08 AM
Reply #26

School of Science

Hope he becomes the next Frank Lampard

Gutted it's come to this but the club was in a state when this was decided thanks to Koeman and Moshiri basically closed the door in aiugust live on sky sports news

Good luck to the lad

He's a rat and so is his agent who have played Everton football club and its fans like a fiddle.
And i for one won't be wishing him well at all.

January 06, 2018, 04:55:08 PM
Reply #27

School of Science

The question has been answered emphatically now Barkley's gone, think we have all said our piece, good or bad, maybe now like Ross we should consign this thread to a distant memory.