January 20, 2018, 07:22:24 PM

Poll

Sign his new contract

Yes.
111 (24.1%)
No.
80 (17.4%)
Will wait to see what happens with the new management position.
89 (19.3%)
He's already on his bike and he's off.
181 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 461

Author Topic: Ross Barkley. Will he, or won't he?  (Read 27072 times)

December 04, 2017, 06:38:07 PM
Reply #180

Lxxx

Last year him and Lukaku were integral to everything we did offensively and we've scored the same amount of goals as this time last year. I don't think we've missed him as much as people make out. We've gone to absolute pieces defensively and made silly, stupid errors at the back every game which has highlighted our lack of firepower more.

December 04, 2017, 06:48:02 PM
Reply #181

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Last year him and Lukaku were integral to everything we did offensively and we've scored the same amount of goals as this time last year. I don't think we've missed him as much as people make out. We've gone to absolute pieces defensively and made silly, stupid errors at the back every game which has highlighted our lack of firepower more.

Think that goal stat being bandied around is a bit pointless tbh
This time last year we were on a  bad run, we hadn't really played well and were disjointed, its not like we were flying
After christmas was when we clicked and the goals came, particularly at home

Simply simply lovely

December 04, 2017, 07:14:57 PM
Reply #182

Lxxx

Think that goal stat being bandied around is a bit pointless tbh
This time last year we were on a  bad run, we hadn't really played well and were disjointed, its not like we were flying
After christmas was when we clicked and the goals came, particularly at home

We're not on a good run now, what has exacerbated it is the collapse in Europe.

We're missing Lukaku undoubtedly but with Rooney playing deeper offering a lot more to our play and hopefully a focal point up top from January there's no reason why offensively we can't improve like last year, especially with Sigurdsson this year and Bolasie to come back.

I just don't think Barkley is as big a miss as some make out.

December 04, 2017, 07:31:21 PM
Reply #183

Toddacelli

"Will she won't she" gerrit?

No I understood what he/she was saying - it was just that 'slutty blonde' seemed a bizarre place for his/her mind to go to in this situation. Weird.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 04, 2017, 07:58:31 PM
Reply #184

everton1952

Don't suppose anyone but Barkley knows if he has any intention of signing a new contract. Something which he I am sure he will weigh in the balance is there are probably few of the 5 or 6  so-called "top" teams who would take him, other than as a bench warmer in competition with a load of very good players. A move to anywhere else might be seen as a backwards move. If Allardyce is right and he may not be properly match fit for remaining December fixtures, then someone else will be taking a gamble on him by signing him in January. I hope he stays, but maybe he wants to start afresh somewhere else.

December 04, 2017, 08:01:17 PM
Reply #185

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We're not on a good run now, what has exacerbated it is the collapse in Europe.

We're missing Lukaku undoubtedly but with Rooney playing deeper offering a lot more to our play and hopefully a focal point up top from January there's no reason why offensively we can't improve like last year, especially with Sigurdsson this year and Bolasie to come back.

I just don't think Barkley is as big a miss as some make out.

What I would say is that I think theres been an over egging of what wed have done if hed been available.

Its not as though weve never played badly when hes been in the team and its not as though hes impervious to crises of confidence.

I cant imagine he wouldnt have been equally affected by the negative atmosphere as anyone else.

It would have been better to have him as an option mind; and even better for someone to maybe finally get it all to click.

December 04, 2017, 08:05:17 PM
Reply #186

formerKHL

sooner have him playing for us than against us..

December 04, 2017, 08:48:50 PM
Reply #187

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Sooner he's gone the better, he's been pissing us about long enough, bloody great distraction, the sooner he's gone we can close this thread and stop the endless  pointless will he/won't he debate.

December 04, 2017, 09:30:30 PM
Reply #188

Lxxx

What I would say is that I think there’s been an over egging of what we’d have done if he’d been available.

It’s not as though we’ve never played badly when he’s been in the team and it’s not as though he’s impervious to crises of confidence.

I can’t imagine he wouldn’t have been equally affected by the negative atmosphere as anyone else.

It would have been better to have him as an option mind; and even better for someone to maybe finally get it all to click.

I agree. Although I think a lot of what is written about Ross is based on his potential and what he could deliver if it all came together in his head. Of course I'd rather he stayed than went and reached it with us like, goes without saying.

December 04, 2017, 11:48:34 PM
Reply #189

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
would be nice to get a replacement who is an upgrade. Loving @Rodenplav64 s Serri suggestion.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 05, 2017, 12:01:36 AM
Reply #190

gizzblue

would be nice to get a replacement who is an upgrade. Loving @Rodenplav64 "s Serri suggestion.
Come now, another no10 ffs surely not .

December 05, 2017, 12:32:15 AM
Reply #191

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I think Gylfi will score more and create more than Ross would have (even  if he had a full season behind him), so I'm not really bothered anyway.

He likely won't sing and will leave on a free.
Unless we do some kind of player plus cash deal for Danny Rose, but I doubt Rose will come.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:33:20 AM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 05, 2017, 12:33:58 AM
Reply #192

Deano Blue Boy

I'll deffo boo him on his return to Goodison. Not because I'm a cunt, but because he's probably one of the only players it will actually work on.

I remember it worked on Arteta when we bummed Arsenal 3-0.

December 05, 2017, 12:40:10 AM
Reply #193

mikey_blue

I remember it worked on Arteta when we bummed Arsenal 3-0.

I couldn't bring myself to do it to him. Gorgeous Bastard.

December 05, 2017, 12:41:44 AM
Reply #194

Deano Blue Boy

I couldn't bring myself to do it to him. Gorgeous Bastard.

I didn't do it, and I was saddened that we was doing it.  If I ever see him I am going to tell him I still love him.