November 17, 2018, 04:39:57 PM

Poll

Sign his new contract

Yes.
111 (24.1%)
No.
80 (17.4%)
Will wait to see what happens with the new management position.
89 (19.3%)
He's already on his bike and he's off.
181 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 461

Author Topic: Ross Barkley. Will he, or won't he?  (Read 42102 times)

January 04, 2018, 11:38:24 PM
Read 42102 times

Ross

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 05, 2018, 03:50:39 PM
Reply #1

Ross

So he basically cost us 20 million plus 6 months wages by refusing to sign for them in August. True blue my arse.

The unfortunate timing of his injury lost us the 20m more than any machiavellian masterplan.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 05, 2018, 04:17:45 PM
Reply #2

Ross

He still could have signed, nothing would have stopped it, he didnt fail a medical, he said he wanted to keep his options open, he did cost us 20 million

Spurs have been for a long while his destination of choice but they clearly hesitated when his hamstring went ping, Chelsea saw a late alternative to Chamberlain once hed turned them down and made an offer that took Barkley and his agent by surprise and at which point stalled them for whatever reason (probably given the previous year long speculation about Spurs and the planning of the move) hoping theyd be back for him now. In the interim either Chelsea have become more palatable after consideration or Spurs interest has cooled given they could actually continue to wait out the final 6 months and get him for nothing in the summer.

Without his hamstring going he would have definitely been off last summer.

January 05, 2018, 04:24:38 PM
Reply #3

Ross

Sky sources are saying Spurs ended their interest in Barkley a while ago

Sky sources are usually 90% incorrect on transfer speculation.

January 05, 2018, 04:32:23 PM
Reply #4

Ross

Stop trying to make excuses for him. He's sold us down the river.

No need to make any excuse for him, hes made his choices and hes off.
you've utterly missed his point. Or, have seen it but decided to argue for the sake of arguing.

yes, without the hamstring he would have been off last summer.
People are saying he should have been off last summer anyway.

HE chose to rehab at Everton. HE cancelled the move to Chelsea.
Now, 6 months later he is going to Chelsea.

It was clear by Chelsea's reaction to him binning them that they were happy to take him injured.

Would you make a life changing career choice in one day Mick after what looks like a year of planning and your life heading in a different direction?

January 05, 2018, 05:14:59 PM
Reply #5

Ross

Spurs where never his destination of choice, he would have been taking a pay cut.

It's always been about securing the most money for him. His hamstring going was more of an opportunity for him and Chelsea to make/save some money.

I doubt hed have been taking a pay cut if hed gone in the summer.

I also doubt Spurs have allowed themselves to be used as a stalking horse for 18 months by such bitter rivals as Chelsea.

January 05, 2018, 06:56:47 PM
Reply #6

Ross

Everton fan just been on Talksport  , 'Ross is going to that London to be with his fancy friends' Hilarious.   lolol

Had me in tears that.

January 05, 2018, 11:38:02 PM
Reply #7

Ross

I think Chelsea being willing to take a punt at 15m is a bit different to him actually being Chelsea quality. He's a risk free gamble. Not saying he won't do well. Time will tell. Let's see where he is in 2 or 3 years though

They were prepared to pay 35m in the summer before the realised how bad his hamstring was.

January 06, 2018, 12:08:19 AM
Reply #8

Ross

Why? What's it got to do with him?

Looks good to half the electorate.