November 19, 2018, 08:06:22 PM

Poll

Sign his new contract

Yes.
111 (24.1%)
No.
80 (17.4%)
Will wait to see what happens with the new management position.
89 (19.3%)
He's already on his bike and he's off.
181 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 461

Author Topic: Ross Barkley. Will he, or won't he?  (Read 42228 times)

January 05, 2018, 05:49:27 PM
Reply #15

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I feel a bit sorry for Barkley, he's not done much wrong other than want to leave and has conducted himself very well. If you try to take the rose tinted glasses off, financially he could have similar terms to stay, but it's a much better opportunity to win trophies in a short career. Lukaku and Stones left to pursue bigger ambitions, it's up to the club to agree terms with other clubs for transfer or match ambitions, the club has done neither.

Lukaku and Stones didn't run down their contract and screw us out of money to earn some extra coin, even if they did  it wouldn't be as bad because they're not boyhood blues.

Has been hanging over the club for over a year now, but we didn't give him a new deal when he wanted one. Koeman pushed him towards the exit, Koeman's exit was opportunity to bring him back in. Hiring Allardyce will not have given any hope of us making improvements in the near future, if anything it's pushed hopes of achieving things back a year or so.
He did get offered a new deal, a very good deal, we've never failed to offer him a deal when he wanted one. It was probably bad timing by the club and should have been made 6 months earlier (as it coincided with the start of a turbulent relationship between Ross and Koeman), but I've not heard that he asked for a new deal before our offer.

We aren't matching his ambitions as a club, we've not shown him the respect of a key player and if you think we haven't missed him this season, you're watching a different game. He's not going to become a world great, but I can see him working well with Willian, Hazard and Morata and becoming a key player for them. He'll need game time to build relationships and understanding with other key players, but being surrounded by better players and more options will improve his game.

I'd argue that Koeman didn't show him much respect in 1 press conference, not the club. The club have tried to bend over backwards for him. Any half decent creative midfielder would have helped up this season.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 05, 2018, 06:55:46 PM
Reply #16

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

Implying that Chelski were behind Ross "Pulling out" last summer and that they were the master of puppets all along.....

That's why I said earlier it's a bit like tapping up. Wouldn't surprise me if the club raise some complaint after the transfer goes through.

January 05, 2018, 07:03:16 PM
Reply #17

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
You mean after agreeing a deal with a player over in Turkey and have him fly to the UK 'on holiday' before we'd even agreed a fee with his parent club?

There's no suggestion we asked him to fly over, the Turkish league isn't playing and his agent probably advised him to do so, just incase the deal goes through.

I think if Chelsea have promoted the idea to Ross when he was last in discussions with them (him waiting a bit and getting a better deal so they can save money on the fee), then it probably does warrant some kind of investigation, as it appears Ross was always going to move there.

January 05, 2018, 10:14:41 PM
Reply #18

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
The club is useless from top to bottom. Honestly, Iíve got two sons of 16 and 12. Both canít be bothered even watching Everton anymore. The youngest has said he cba watching the game tonight coz we will get smashed. The club will be obsolete in a few more years coz the next generation arenít as hoodwinked as the rest of us. I donít blame Barkley for moving on, he was publicly slated by an incompetent manager that should never of got the job. Everton tho arenít we, born not manufactured, peoples club , we are an embarrassment

Nice positive first post back

January 05, 2018, 11:43:03 PM
Reply #19

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
They were prepared to pay £35m in the summer before the realised how bad his hamstring was.

Come on @Ross you know as well as anyone it was RB who pulled the plug on the move, not Chelsea. RB even said it on his twitter.

January 06, 2018, 01:47:13 AM
Reply #20

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I have no idea, apart from he had to get out of Liverpool.

plenty of liverpool peeps on this board.. has anyone heard anything? my nephew goes to uni in liverpool, thats what he was told by a reliable source... he didnt tell me who the person was but he said they knew Barkleys mrs.. just did a quick google thing.. this is the only story that mentions it.. wish id seen this before! http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ross-barkley-wasnt-flirting-woman-10237618

Give over, absolute bollocks.

He was pissed off at the former manager and the club, so he decided to have the last laugh and fuck off on the cheap.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 01:48:32 AM by Duncs_a_legend »

January 06, 2018, 05:09:04 AM
Reply #21

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdlYfSQhv_o/

No Surprise fuckin Klaassen and Mirallas liked it.

rossbarkley
Thank you to everyone for the well wishes and messages of support 💯 itís an amazing feeling to have signed for Chelsea and Iím excited about the future at Stamford Bridge 🔵 
Chelsea are a massive club with brilliant fans and Iím looking forward to working hard here and showing everyone what I know Iím capable of in the coming years ⚽

Despite a challenging few months Iíve loved every minute of my time at Everton and would like to thank everyone at the club, coaches, players and members of staff Iíve worked with for everything youíve done for me over the past 13 years. I will always look back with fond memories of my time at Goodison Park and playing for my hometown club in front of my own people has been a huge honour for me. Everton will always have a special place in my heart 💙

Iím now looking forward to a new start and new chapter in my life at Chelsea and canít wait to get going!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 05:11:50 AM by Duncs_a_legend »

January 06, 2018, 05:19:51 AM
Reply #22

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
He will end up getting a winners medal for that Carabao cup that the sponsors Carabao actually sponsor Chelsea! How fucked up is that

I'm kind of jealous he gets to play against Barcelona next month too.

A bit like the team that plays at the Emirates stadium winning the Emirates FA Cup isn't it?

We just need SportsPesa to sponsor the premier league, and maybe...just maybe!!!

January 06, 2018, 06:09:51 AM
Reply #23

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

January 06, 2018, 04:24:28 PM
Reply #24

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Quite clearly not him posting on social media by the way.

Obviously.

January 07, 2018, 02:22:07 AM
Reply #25

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Ones got a three year deal to run out ones got six months

Also, one is really really good, and the other is really really average.

January 07, 2018, 02:36:57 AM
Reply #26

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Bit of a pointless thread now isn't it.