May 24, 2018, 11:09:19 PM

Poll

Sign his new contract

Yes.
111 (24.1%)
No.
80 (17.4%)
Will wait to see what happens with the new management position.
89 (19.3%)
He's already on his bike and he's off.
181 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 461

Author Topic: Ross Barkley. Will he, or won't he?  (Read 35322 times)

January 05, 2018, 09:30:59 PM
Reply #570

MexicanToffee

Seems like you're just playing devil's advocate.

Stones asked for a transfer request and we didn't sell him, and he still played for us until he got his move.

Koeman and Ross' relationship was blown way out of proportion. Ross was more often than not first name on the team sheet, and actually got the best out of Ross Barkley. He just couldn't deal with a little bit of tough love or minor criticism. The Wayne Rooney's and Steven Gerrards of old had the world on their shoulders at this stage of their careers.

The truth is that the lads soft, incapable of making decisions on the field and off the field and living with the consequences. Be it storming down the tunnel at Wembley because he thought the fans had boo'd him, or getting lamped by a lad half his size for being a cunt.

Let's just face it, he's not as good as we thought he'd be. And this whole thing has been lead by an agent. Ross isn't capable of orchestrating something like this.

In a nutshell.
ďHe loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.Ē

January 05, 2018, 09:34:02 PM
Reply #571

Bwana

Fabregas has 1,5 years left in his contract, so maybe after that Ross will get some game time. Or maybe not. His decision making took forever and I doubt it's gotten better without game time. Let's face it: He had a bright future ahead of him but it never materialised with us, and it was already showing that his footballing brain had reached it's peak. Maybe in Chelsea, where guys around him have a bit more talent than our roster had during Ross' time here he has more options to pass to even by the laws of averages.

Not going to miss him.
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.

January 05, 2018, 09:38:40 PM
Reply #572

Everton Mint

Nice one Ross... you just cost us £20m and another 6 months wages while we got you fit.

He'll never do anything at Chelsea or anywhere else. Everton was his home and best chance of a great career and he blew it.

Ross Barkley, the new Jack Rodwell.

January 05, 2018, 09:41:31 PM
Reply #573

Dr. Sponge

Oh well... not like it's a surprise is it. And it's not like we're gonna suddenly get worse after he's gone, we've played half a season without him.

It's true that we'd be a better side with him fit and in it, but he doesn't want to be here.

January 05, 2018, 09:43:18 PM
Reply #574

formerKHL

gotta say this...
sometimes reading posts on here I realise why we're called "bitter blues" by our neighbours across the park...

January 05, 2018, 09:45:53 PM
Reply #575

KoemansNumberTens

Total mystery surrounds that initial move in summer,for me i reckon he did have part of the medical and somethings shown up.No way did Conte having his phone off wreck that deal thats fantasy,our club have spent 5 months putting that right and weve been mugged.Shame on the player if that is the case,but i really dont buy any other alternative.Thanks a (20) milion Ross.

Why would they buy an injured player in the summer when they could wait save wages, more than half the fee and get the fitter version now. They got to talk to a player they otherwise wouldn't have been able to by agreeing the fee. Maybe it was never intended to go through then. Got a jump on Spurs and it cost them nowt to do it.

January 05, 2018, 09:50:52 PM
Reply #576

Tinga

gotta say this...
sometimes reading posts on here I realise why we're called "bitter blues" by our neighbours across the park...

Shut up. Should we just sit on our hands and not call the lad the snake that he is?

January 05, 2018, 09:53:06 PM
Reply #577

Hawkandro

Gonna smash the Dutch league at Vitesse Arnhem next season.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

January 05, 2018, 09:55:05 PM
Reply #578

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Seriously should be asking Chelsea for one of their players on loan here, its fucking ridiculous if we don't
No harm in asking I guess. They donít have to say yes because weíre losing out.

You win some you lose some. We won regarding Lukaku we lost with Barkley.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

January 05, 2018, 10:09:41 PM
Reply #579

Ih8redshite

The club is useless from top to bottom. Honestly, Iíve got two sons of 16 and 12. Both canít be bothered even watching Everton anymore. The youngest has said he cba watching the game tonight coz we will get smashed. The club will be obsolete in a few more years coz the next generation arenít as hoodwinked as the rest of us. I donít blame Barkley for moving on, he was publicly slated by an incompetent manager that should never of got the job. Everton tho arenít we, born not manufactured, peoples club , we are an embarrassment

January 05, 2018, 10:13:09 PM
Reply #580

School of Science

Gonna smash the Dutch league at Vitesse Arnhem next season.

That would be funny.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 05, 2018, 10:13:38 PM
Reply #581

MmmBlueRamirez

gotta say this...

I very bitter about this. And rightly so.

If youre not aggrieved then somethingís amiss.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 05, 2018, 10:14:41 PM
Reply #582

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
The club is useless from top to bottom. Honestly, Iíve got two sons of 16 and 12. Both canít be bothered even watching Everton anymore. The youngest has said he cba watching the game tonight coz we will get smashed. The club will be obsolete in a few more years coz the next generation arenít as hoodwinked as the rest of us. I donít blame Barkley for moving on, he was publicly slated by an incompetent manager that should never of got the job. Everton tho arenít we, born not manufactured, peoples club , we are an embarrassment

Nice positive first post back
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 05, 2018, 10:21:27 PM
Reply #583

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

Sounds like you brought up a pair of boys who ain't got the stomach for a fight in life.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 05, 2018, 10:21:40 PM
Reply #584

Faceatthefence

Why would they buy an injured player in the summer when they could wait save wages, more than half the fee and get the fitter version now. They got to talk to a player they otherwise wouldn't have been able to by agreeing the fee. Maybe it was never intended to go through then. Got a jump on Spurs and it cost them nowt to do it.
Wouldnt want us to buy an injured player,so a degree of honesty an integrity would have made things more palatable.Maybe the two sides have had a sort of pre-nup,who knows.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.