December 11, 2018, 05:44:41 AM

Author Topic: [News]Unsworth: Beni loves a tackle  (Read 6520 times)

October 26, 2017, 05:04:31 AM
Read 6520 times

Evertonian in NC

I would replace McCarthy with Gana, Rooney with DCL, Mirallas with Vlasic, MAYBE Williams with Keane.  Otherwise, same team.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 26, 2017, 05:05:28 AM
Reply #1

Evertonian in NC

I thought it was the next prem game.

they said Gana was suspended during tonight's commentary, so I guess not (seems like it should be as you say, though)
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 27, 2017, 01:58:48 AM
Reply #2

Evertonian in NC

We still haven't seen Holgate with a run at CB under new management.  I want to see that before we write him off, there's a good player in there.  Think Funes Mori can still be a solid #3 CB and left-sided "3 at the back" option, too.

October 27, 2017, 02:34:05 AM
Reply #3

Evertonian in NC

Maybe now that his knee hurts, he will be a good lad?  :D

October 27, 2017, 04:30:52 AM
Reply #4

Evertonian in NC

I was wondering if you could turn Holgate, Keane and Funes Mori into a decent 3 at the back system, with Keane in the middle.

They all have their issues, but when their forces combine, they could have a surprisingly good balance.

RWB in a "3 at the back" is clearly Holgate's highest and best use, at least from what we've seen.  Though we still need to see Mason play in a standard 4, I think.

I wonder how that would do with Coleman back, and if we could make do with a non-traditional LWB in place of Baines?  Something to play around with, anyway.