November 24, 2017, 04:37:58 AM

Author Topic: Leicester City v Everton  (Read 10494 times)

October 30, 2017, 03:57:30 AM
Reply #915

everton1952

It was sickening listening to the pundits before the game expressing surprise at the Everton midfield and defence lineup, and then hearing them saying I told you so at half time. Unsie invited trouble against a team like Leicester with his first selection. Although we recovered well and pressed Leicester in the second half an early goal never came or even looked like coming. Leicester just sat back and coped fairly easily with our attacking. Watford might well be Unsie's last game in charge, as someone a lot better than him is needed to sort out this awful mess of a squad, and we can't afford to blunder on much longer. God knows who we are likely to get but whoever it is will have a hell of a job getting this lot up the table.

October 30, 2017, 04:42:41 AM
Reply #916

sam of the south

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I hope someone can) but I didn't see any of our senior players offering Kenny any encouragement or consoling after his gutting own goal.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 30, 2017, 05:08:20 AM
Reply #917

gizzblue

I can't remember when we shipped so many goals, in this many games! Also I think we can kiss Europe goodbye. After today's game I really think were in trouble, not because we lost, but the way we lost, Hang on brothers and sisters, its going to be a long season :(
One good counter arrack and an own goal out of a naive youngster ?.
We were actually better today had more possesion better passing stats more shots albeit one less n target than them .

It will come ,the positives are already there since Koeman left its only been two games .

October 30, 2017, 06:03:24 AM
Reply #918

Normm

Positives? - Not many, but some: Beni  exudes confidence in mid-field. He works well with Davies and Gaye. Kenny put in a decent performance after his own goal and showed his fighting spirit. The team looked more balanced when Sigs came on for Rooney. It was a clear penalty won by Lennon at a crucial time. - That could have changed the game. Good chances were created. 

Negatives? - Rooney playing in a deeper role slowed the game down and passed backwards/ sideways too much. Lennon and Kevin had off-games. The teamwork and balance was still not right. With hindsight, Lookman could have opened up more space for strikes on goal, if chosen. Dowell out on season loan banged in a hat-trick for Forrest!

Next matches: Unsy strikes the right chords on team selection and tactics and Everton blow Lyon away!

October 30, 2017, 06:28:15 AM
Reply #919

BlueMaquis

It was sickening listening to the pundits before the game expressing surprise at the Everton midfield and defence lineup, and then hearing them saying I told you so at half time. Unsie invited trouble against a team like Leicester with his first selection. Although we recovered well and pressed Leicester in the second half an early goal never came or even looked like coming. Leicester just sat back and coped fairly easily with our attacking. Watford might well be Unsie's last game in charge, as someone a lot better than him is needed to sort out this awful mess of a squad, and we can't afford to blunder on much longer. God knows who we are likely to get but whoever it is will have a hell of a job getting this lot up the table.

He's had less than a week, you really expect him to have sorted out what you call an awful mess of a squad in that time?

October 30, 2017, 07:10:19 AM
Reply #920

oztoffee

Sadly, we were more inept than I thought possible. I think the effort was there, just not the talent. We were brushed off the ball so many times by halftime I'd lost count. Davies was all over the place, covering for someone I think.....but who? Kenny was left to sink or swim and had no help from his winger at any point of the game and the OG was just one of those things....I'm in double figures for OGs, but I played for 30 years.....shit happens. Thought Jags was immense but like the rest of the defence rather ineffective..
F & Gs?    For: Pickford again, Beni did OK for a first run out, Bainesy tried hard.
               Against: just about everything else really. We let a pretty average team look good and it's a long way back from here boys and girls. :-[
Hang on, it's going to be a rough ride.
What would you do if you came home and found Alex Young in bed with your wife?
Cover him up so he won't get cold!

October 30, 2017, 09:58:41 AM
Reply #921

boothill

Was Blackburn '99 the best prem side relegated? They were 6th the season prior?
Ipswich i think, finished 5th season before

October 30, 2017, 10:13:58 AM
Reply #922

blue1948

A bit too soon to get on Unsi's back lads come on .No one would sort this lot out in two games . Very few pluses for me and the worst thing is I can't see a way forward ,if you can't score the best you can hope for is a draw .Sad times .New manager ? who the fuck would come ?the only one is Sam and that would be the worst possible manager for me . A real conundrum .

October 30, 2017, 03:22:41 PM
Reply #923

Rodenplav64

He's had less than a week, you really expect him to have sorted out what you call an awful mess of a squad in that time?

Koeman got a season to get over the mess supposedly left him by Martinez . Unsworth may well have no fucking chance if that's the marker .As much as people decry Rooney he is the only footballing brain in the whole team . Tries to do more than his legs allow for really . Hard for a Manager to curb his inbuilt desire to be everywhere which in a side as poor as this creates problems with positional discipline . Thought yesterday was better but even though I would be behind him I think the mess he has been left is too much for him at this stage of his learning curve . I would sooner see someone come in and him be made assistant . 2 away games are not enough to judge him on and the crowd at Goodison will give the team the lift they need to get 3 points and a lift in confidence .

October 30, 2017, 03:30:12 PM
Reply #924

Lxxx

He picks the team to be fair.

October 30, 2017, 03:32:34 PM
Reply #925

BlueMaquis

He picks the team to be fair.

Some people here would have us believe that's all a manager's job is about.

October 30, 2017, 04:01:54 PM
Reply #926

Rhys

Was Blackburn '99 the best prem side relegated? They were 6th the season prior?

I remember Forest finished 3rd in the mid 90s then went down but i think they went down 2 seasons after finished 3rd but think they were mid table or thereabouts the season in the middle. Still quite a bit fall 3rd to relegated in a couple of seasons but they had been relegated already a few seasons before it.

October 30, 2017, 04:21:48 PM
Reply #927

Trowel

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I hope someone can) but I didn't see any of our senior players offering Kenny any encouragement or consoling after his gutting own goal.
André Mariner gave him a pat on the head shakeyheadman
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

October 30, 2017, 04:23:13 PM
Reply #928

Lxxx

I think they were too busy looking in the other direction waiting for the final whistle.

October 30, 2017, 04:41:55 PM
Reply #929

everton1952

Only a fool would suggest that Unsworth should have sorted it all out in 2 weeks and nobody has said that. However the task looks monumental with nobody except Rooney with any scoring ability, veterans struggling all over, and goals leaking at the back. I believe it will take more than Unsie's optimism, bright smiles and jokes to turn round this half of the season  to prevent the second half becoming a scramble to avoid relegation. Unfortunately he did his case no good at all with that first half selection and formation at Leicester. Ony Kenwright can decide whether to take a big risk for the next 2 months with Unsworth, or go for some probably grim alternative bugger who can shore up a defence. If the existing players are incapable of scoring goals, then play not to concede any. There are one or two managers about who could probably do that, unpopular choices though they might be.