November 20, 2017, 06:03:19 PM

Author Topic: Leicester City v Everton  (Read 9779 times)

October 26, 2017, 07:51:24 PM
Read 9779 times

Gash

Global Moderator
Feeling a bit more confident about this one.

October 26, 2017, 08:18:50 PM
Reply #1

BlueNoseMike

Harder to predict the line up now. Think Unsworth might stick to playing with at least one winger which would be nice

Pickford
Holgate Keane Jagielka Baines
                  Gana
           Davies Sigurdsson
Lookman   Rooney    Vlasic

Subs - Joel, Williams, Kenny, Klaassen, DCL, Sandro, Mirrallas              Morgan if not ill goes in but not sure for who (probably Klaassen on bench)

Holgate being a more defensive minded RB means we need an out and out winger on his side running at the full back. Vlasic looks tidy and can hopefully link up with Baines. I can't see him dropping Rooney and Sigurdsson needs a run through the middle. Davies and Gana with the legs in midfield

We've got quite a bit of depth in midfield haven't we? Whether it's to a good standard or not is up for debate but we have got McCarthy, Besic, Lennon, Big Benj (I'm going with @TheRam on this) who aren't on my bench.

Even Niasse doesn't make my bench although he probably should go on there instead of Sandro

Edit: Even add Bolasie to the squad and it's quite full
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 08:23:47 PM by BlueNoseMike »

October 26, 2017, 08:39:27 PM
Reply #2

everton1952

I would have Kenny at RB, and on the bench Holgate, Garbutt, Niasse, DCL, Lennon, Mirallas, and Robles.

October 26, 2017, 08:43:41 PM
Reply #3

Django

NSNO Subscriber
I think we'll see Kenny retain his place at RB and Big Benj drop to the bench for Gueye. I'd like to see Lennon keep his place.

October 26, 2017, 08:44:54 PM
Reply #4

Rhys

I would have Kenny at RB, and on the bench Holgate, Garbutt, Niasse, DCL, Lennon, Mirallas, and Robles.

Garbutt isnt included in the Premier League squad so can't be picked.

October 26, 2017, 08:50:26 PM
Reply #5

Rhys

I think he will keep a basis of the team and shape.

I'd be surprised if he didn't keep Kenny he was much better second half presume he got instruction to get forward and support the attacks more. Maybe Keane for Williams?

I'd imagine he will go with a midfield 3 of Gueye, Davies and Schneiderlin if he is well enough. And front 3 of Rooney, Mirallas and possibly Gylfi. Which as long as he made sure Mirallas holds his width having one narrow wide player isn't the end of the world. The problem comes when the instructions arent there or players dont follow instructions and everyone comes central.

I'd still be tempted to have DCL on his own over Rooney. Hard one because Rooney looks much more of a goal threat and we dont have many of them but I do feel we lack a lot in mobility and having a target if he is on his own. You have to be very accurate with balls into him and everything is in to feet which is much easier for defenders to deal with.

October 26, 2017, 08:53:53 PM
Reply #6

Evertonian in NC

I think he will keep a basis of the team and shape.

I'd be surprised if he didn't keep Kenny he was much better second half presume he got instruction to get forward and support the attacks more. Maybe Keane for Williams?

I'd imagine he will go with a midfield 3 of Gueye, Davies and Schneiderlin if he is well enough. And front 3 of Rooney, Mirallas and possibly Gylfi. Which as long as he made sure Mirallas holds his width having one narrow wide player isn't the end of the world. The problem comes when the instructions arent there or players dont follow instructions and everyone comes central.

I'd still be tempted to have DCL on his own over Rooney. Hard one because Rooney looks much more of a goal threat and we dont have many of them but I do feel we lack a lot in mobility and having a target if he is on his own. You have to be very accurate with balls into him and everything is in to feet which is much easier for defenders to deal with.

If you want to start Rooney, you need 2 up top.  Otherwise, there's no point.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 26, 2017, 08:54:04 PM
Reply #7

TheTone

hopefully keep it tight for 60/70mins then lash in 6 late goals so that my prediction comes true

October 26, 2017, 09:18:59 PM
Reply #8

van der Meyde

That period second half yesterday where Rooney was linking up with Mirallas and Baines was the best we've looked at creating chances all season. It lacked a bit of a focal point though. If we presume Leicester are going to have a variation of 4-4-2, maybe matching them with Calvert-Lewin up front would be the best option. (I'm loathe to suggest dropping Rooney into midfield for obvious reasons, but this might be the kind of match where it would work too.)

October 26, 2017, 09:22:17 PM
Reply #9

everton1952

Garbutt isnt included in the Premier League squad so can't be picked.
Blimey! Does that apply for the whole season or until the next transfer window?

October 26, 2017, 09:23:48 PM
Reply #10

Rhys

That period second half yesterday where Rooney was linking up with Mirallas and Baines was the best we've looked at creating chances all season. It lacked a bit of a focal point though. If we presume Leicester are going to have a variation of 4-4-2, maybe matching them with Calvert-Lewin up front would be the best option. (I'm loathe to suggest dropping Rooney into midfield for obvious reasons, but this might be the kind of match where it would work too.)

Agreed. I also thought we lost that momentum when Rooney went off and Niasse came on. For the remaining time after that we werent having any consistent attacks or patterns of play in the final third as DCL and Niasse were very high (same against Burnley werent varied enough in what they were doing as a pair) and we missed that extra link.

October 26, 2017, 09:24:52 PM
Reply #11

Rhys

Blimey! Does that apply for the whole season or until the next transfer window?

Can do it again in January if whoever the manager is wants to include him. You think he would be in the squad as no point not being if there is space, but same time he has played about 5 PL games and is 25 later in the season so not sure we should be expecting to be some kind of answer to replacing Baines at some point.

October 26, 2017, 09:37:17 PM
Reply #12

sam of the south

Harder to predict the line up now. Think Unsworth might stick to playing with at least one winger which would be nice

Pickford
Holgate Keane Jagielka Baines
                  Gana
           Davies Sigurdsson
Lookman   Rooney    Vlasic

Subs - Joel, Williams, Kenny, Klaassen, DCL, Sandro, Mirrallas              Morgan if not ill goes in but not sure for who (probably Klaassen on bench)

Holgate being a more defensive minded RB means we need an out and out winger on his side running at the full back. Vlasic looks tidy and can hopefully link up with Baines. I can't see him dropping Rooney and Sigurdsson needs a run through the middle. Davies and Gana with the legs in midfield

We've got quite a bit of depth in midfield haven't we? Whether it's to a good standard or not is up for debate but we have got McCarthy, Besic, Lennon, Big Benj (I'm going with @TheRam on this) who aren't on my bench.

Even Niasse doesn't make my bench although he probably should go on there instead of Sandro

Edit: Even add Bolasie to the squad and it's quite full

Yes, this has been my team preference for a while, providing Rooney can hold his position (if not, DCL and Niasse did just fine when they came on last night)
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 26, 2017, 09:49:23 PM
Reply #13

dazfrancis

Pickford

Kenny     Keane      Jags     Baines     

Beni/Gana/McCarthy Davies

Lennon        Rooney        Mirallas or Vlasic

DCL

October 26, 2017, 09:51:59 PM
Reply #14

van der Meyde

Not sure I'd like to see a Holgate/Lookman partnership down the right personally.

I might be clouded by last night's performance where he kept drifting in to the middle, but I don't think he'd offer the width that we would need in front of Holgate to have a balanced side.