December 12, 2018, 11:19:20 AM

Author Topic: Leicester City v Everton  (Read 29592 times)

October 26, 2017, 08:53:53 PM
Read 29592 times

Evertonian in NC

I think he will keep a basis of the team and shape.

I'd be surprised if he didn't keep Kenny he was much better second half presume he got instruction to get forward and support the attacks more. Maybe Keane for Williams?

I'd imagine he will go with a midfield 3 of Gueye, Davies and Schneiderlin if he is well enough. And front 3 of Rooney, Mirallas and possibly Gylfi. Which as long as he made sure Mirallas holds his width having one narrow wide player isn't the end of the world. The problem comes when the instructions arent there or players dont follow instructions and everyone comes central.

I'd still be tempted to have DCL on his own over Rooney. Hard one because Rooney looks much more of a goal threat and we dont have many of them but I do feel we lack a lot in mobility and having a target if he is on his own. You have to be very accurate with balls into him and everything is in to feet which is much easier for defenders to deal with.

If you want to start Rooney, you need 2 up top.  Otherwise, there's no point.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 27, 2017, 01:54:37 AM
Reply #1

Evertonian in NC

Pickford
Kenny Keane Jags Baines
        Davies Gana
Lennon                 Vlasic
          Sigurdsson
              DCL

This is a really nice team and shape.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 27, 2017, 02:07:35 AM
Reply #2

Evertonian in NC

I think Lennon and Vlasic will be pests and open up space for Sigurdsson and DCL to operate.  To me, that's the ideal way to attack a side like Leicester.

October 28, 2017, 12:29:36 AM
Reply #3

Evertonian in NC

Again, Niasse has just as many goals from open play as Rooney, nobody clamors for him to be in the XI every week.

Each man is best used as a bench option, unless we play 2 up top.

October 28, 2017, 01:53:36 AM
Reply #4

Evertonian in NC

I am saying Wayne Rooney will not be a part of the next good Everton side, and he's not good enough NOW to be taking starting minutes away from players that will (or at least might).  It's time to move on, and grow as a real unit/team.  Rooney doesn't help that one bit.  He's not making other players better, he just wanders all over the pitch and scores the odd goal (given a huge amount of minutes).  That's all.

People like watching him for sentimental reasons.  But he shouldn't be starting.

October 28, 2017, 01:58:59 AM
Reply #5

Evertonian in NC

And no, I don't think Niasse is better than him.  But DCL is at least as good, and will get better with time/experience.  Sandro also needs to play in order to adapt and improve.  And FFS, we need to bring somebody in during the January window.

October 28, 2017, 02:00:46 AM
Reply #6

Evertonian in NC

Your comparing him tho to niasse who is not good enough now, he wasn't good enough ever and in no way should we build a side around him.

Who is the best centre forward we have at Everton?

I am saying the "excuse" for Rooney needing to be in the XI because "he has the most goals" is silly.

DCL is the best center forward option we have at present, all things considered.  Not even close.  And we owe it to ourselves to TRY a run of matches with Sigurdsson behind him.

October 28, 2017, 02:36:30 AM
Reply #7

Evertonian in NC

No, I want DCL.  I don't think Rooney has linked up well at all, or helped anyone else on the team.  That's been very disappointing.  He has more goal-scoring ability than I expected, but the rest has been awful (after the first few matches).

Rooney diminishes Sigurdsson on the pitch.  Takes away his room to operate because he has no positional discipline (which was a problem late at United, as others have stated).  We have made a significant investment, and he's young enough to have 3-4 good years at Everton.  Surely he's worth a 2 month run to see what you've really got, with competent management and room on the pitch to perform.  Makes sense for present and future. 

October 28, 2017, 02:48:34 AM
Reply #8

Evertonian in NC

Match ratings from the 2017 season.  ESPNFC or any credible, unbiased source.

One of these players will improve, one will steadily decline, your choice.  Head or heart.

October 28, 2017, 08:00:02 PM
Reply #9

Evertonian in NC

I 100% agree that we need to bring in someone better than Rooney, and more game-ready than DCL, post-haste.  Just think it's worth our while to give DCL in front of Sigurdsson a few months as our primary setup until we can get that settled, with Rooney, Sandro, and Niasse as backup and 4-4-2 options.  That's all.

"3 goals from open play" is making a mountain out of a molehill, that shouldn't secure anything for anybody, especially when the rest of a well-rounded player's elements are out of whack.

If DCL continues to struggle and Rooney looks a world beater in his reserve action, you can always make a change.  But I think Rooney should have to earn his way back now.  And yes, maybe it is somewhat of a matter of lining up with our pre-conceived notions (ie, is Rooney "falling right back on his old, undisciplined Utd habits" or "trying too hard because he loves Everton too much").  Skeptic v. true believer.

October 28, 2017, 10:17:15 PM
Reply #10

Evertonian in NC

October 29, 2017, 08:24:17 PM
Reply #11

Evertonian in NC

That would be...remarkably negative

October 29, 2017, 08:36:32 PM
Reply #12

Evertonian in NC

I would be disappointed if that is genuine.

No Vlasic even on the bench.

Would that team mean Kenny or Martina at RM/RW?

good point on that last sentence and ewwww

October 29, 2017, 08:41:44 PM
Reply #13

Evertonian in NC

I wouldn't go THAT far, but that would be taking "play tight for 60 minutes" to a whole 'nother level and these jammy fucks aren't exactly Chelsea, are they?

October 29, 2017, 08:58:15 PM
Reply #14

Evertonian in NC

The same lad is saying that Besic has refused to train since Koeman left, so probably chatting shite

Ask him who did 9/11 while you're there.