December 19, 2018, 01:59:54 AM

Author Topic: Leicester City v Everton  (Read 30156 times)

October 26, 2017, 09:18:59 PM
Read 30156 times

van der Meyde

I'd still be tempted to have DCL on his own over Rooney. Hard one because Rooney looks much more of a goal threat and we dont have many of them but I do feel we lack a lot in mobility and having a target if he is on his own. You have to be very accurate with balls into him and everything is in to feet which is much easier for defenders to deal with.
That period second half yesterday where Rooney was linking up with Mirallas and Baines was the best we've looked at creating chances all season. It lacked a bit of a focal point though. If we presume Leicester are going to have a variation of 4-4-2, maybe matching them with Calvert-Lewin up front would be the best option. (I'm loathe to suggest dropping Rooney into midfield for obvious reasons, but this might be the kind of match where it would work too.)

October 26, 2017, 09:51:59 PM
Reply #1

van der Meyde

Not sure I'd like to see a Holgate/Lookman partnership down the right personally.

I might be clouded by last night's performance where he kept drifting in to the middle, but I don't think he'd offer the width that we would need in front of Holgate to have a balanced side.