November 22, 2017, 05:20:53 AM

Author Topic: Leicester City v Everton  (Read 10087 times)

October 28, 2017, 05:04:06 PM
Reply #90

Bally

Administrator
Fuck that's very aggressive mate
Nah its not ya know, I talk like I type or type like I talk whichever way haha Rambo knows me.
It's the roll I way

October 28, 2017, 05:04:27 PM
Reply #91

Bally

Administrator
It's the roll I way

October 28, 2017, 05:10:31 PM
Reply #92

gizzblue

Really looking forward to this game with excitement (first time this year). ...but I'm another who thinks Rooney's nomad style is to the detriment of the team ...fair enough if he sticks to his position he can be dangerous still ,but he 's not the player he was and needs to realise others are as good if not better than him ,he can't carry a team anymore.
Wanna see that pace  width and fast passing from the second half the other night again(that Koeman couldn't get out the squad).

October 28, 2017, 06:24:37 PM
Reply #93

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
His passing game is fucking fucked lad that's why, he's boss when he score but when he's dropped himself to defensive midfield and played a 5 yard pass at 30 yard pace, or a ten yard pass at 2 yard pace, you wanna kick him in the fucking face.

That's the big thing I've noticed is his passing has been dreadful at times. At first I thought it was some players not being on his wavelength and not being there for the pass but the last few games you can see more and more simple passes being poor
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 28, 2017, 07:13:52 PM
Reply #94

blue1948

That's the big thing I've noticed is his passing has been dreadful at times. At first I thought it was some players not being on his wavelength and not being there for the pass but the last few games you can see more and more simple passes being poor
I can't understand how any fan wants the top scorer out of the side ,it baffles me beyond belief and I think this poor passing ,wandering is because he has got his dream return and is just trying too hard all the time , we just need to give it all time to settle , well at least until 4PM Sunday

October 28, 2017, 07:19:32 PM
Reply #95

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Its more everyone else gets a pass because of how poor weve been, yet hes looked better than pretty much everyone else but isnt afforded the same presumed upswing.

Not often I disagree with you but it depends why you think weve been so poor. How much was it the players selected, the tactics, etc.  Ill hold my hand up and say I wasnt for Rooney coming back on the basis of his form at Man Utd these last few years. So maybe Im biased.

However, I just see a continuation of the Man Utd form here, and were looking awfully like Man United were at times in recent seasons. I think he has played well in periods in most games, but I also think Koeman was playing a lot of things through him as a substitute for tactics at times. Get the ball to Rooney, hell dictate things...we were mimicking the England national team and their poor management. That as it did at Man Utd come at a certain cost. Mind you, not saying its all negative as he clearly can contribute but just Id rather it in more limited terms than we are right now. But no, I dont suppose I give Rooney as much of the benefit of the doubt that hed significantly change, as beyond Everton this is what weve seen from him at Man United or England. And while he has got what 4 goals from open play, something were struggling with hes also pretty dang lucky not have given away a couple from some suicidal passing in midfield.

Personally, I think were struggling more because the options we have for what we need right now. I dont think Rooney (while still offering a goal threat)  is what we need for a regular starter, but I dont think DCL is ready yet either. No goals in the PL this season while probably most opportunities of any of our options is not something we can rely on. Mirallas works but offers very sporadic benefits. Sandro...who knows but Id probably have the most leniency toward him as I think he needs some guidance but he hasnt played as smart as Id like so hes probably in the not quite yet camp with DCL. That leaves us with Niasse..?

We need better options, but I doubt thats a statement most would find very radical.

I dont think we can expect much better from Rooney, much like I doubt we can expect a radical change in goal haul from DCL. We need to find/buy other ways, and other players to contribute.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 07:37:38 PM by blueToffee »

October 28, 2017, 07:31:25 PM
Reply #96

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I can't understand how any fan wants the top scorer out of the side ,it baffles me beyond belief and I think this poor passing ,wandering is because he has got his dream return and is just trying too hard all the time , we just need to give it all time to settle , well at least until 4PM Sunday

I haven't said I do. I was making an observation of his passing in recent games. A player of Rooney's experience should not be getting caught up in the 'trying to hard' motion. He's not a kid breaking through desperate to make it. He's a seasoned pro who has played in the biggest club games there are. You'd think he'd be able to bring a bit of calm to his game to improve

October 28, 2017, 07:36:10 PM
Reply #97

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Really looking forward to this game with excitement (first time this year). ...but I'm another who thinks Rooney's nomad style is to the detriment of the team ...fair enough if he sticks to his position he can be dangerous still ,but he 's not the player he was and needs to realise others are as good if not better than him ,he can't carry a team anymore.
Wanna see that pace  width and fast passing from the second half the other night again(that Koeman couldn't get out the squad).

All the better passing came while he was on the pitch though.

October 28, 2017, 07:39:00 PM
Reply #98

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Not often I disagree with you but it depends why you think weve been so poor. How much was it the players selected, the tactics, etc.  Ill hold my hand up and say I wasnt for Rooney coming back on the basis of his form at Man Utd these last few years. So maybe Im biased.

However, I just see a continuation of the Man Utd form here, and were looking awfully like Man United were at times in recent seasons. I think he has played well in periods in most games, but I also think Koeman was playing a lot of things through him as a substitute for tactics at times. Get the ball to Rooney, hell dictate things...we were mimicking the England national team and their poor management. That as it did at Man Utd come at a certain cost. Mind you, not saying its all negative as he clearly can contribute but just Id rather it in more limited terms than we are right now. But no, I dont suppose I give Rooney as much of the benefit of the doubt that hed significantly change, as beyond Everton this is what weve seen from him at Man United or England. And while he has got what 4 goals from open play, something were struggling with hes also pretty dang lucky not have given away a couple from some suicidal passing in midfield.

Personally, I think were struggling more because the options we have for what we need right now. I dont think Rooney (while still offering a goal threat)  is what we need for a regular starter, but I dont think DCL is ready yet either. No goals in the PL this season while probably most opportunities of Amy of our options is not something we can rely on. Mirallas works but offers very sporadic benefits. Sandro...who knows but Id probably have the most leniency toward him as I think he needs some guidance but he hasnt played as smart as Id like so hes probably in the not quite yet camp with DCL. That leaves us with Niasse..?

We need better options, but I doubt thats a statement most would find very radical.

I dont think we can expect much better from Rooney, much like I doubt we can expect a radical change in goal haul from DCL. We need to find/buy other ways, and other players to contribute.

Yes I dont think hes ideal as the number 9 anymore.

Re his Utd form, I can see why people think its a continuation therefore he wont change; but Id say hes been better for us and Id expect a better performing team (as we saw in the second half) to not be affected because he is or isnt doing x, y or z. At least not anymore than any other player.

October 28, 2017, 08:00:02 PM
Reply #99

Evertonian in NC

I 100% agree that we need to bring in someone better than Rooney, and more game-ready than DCL, post-haste.  Just think it's worth our while to give DCL in front of Sigurdsson a few months as our primary setup until we can get that settled, with Rooney, Sandro, and Niasse as backup and 4-4-2 options.  That's all.

"3 goals from open play" is making a mountain out of a molehill, that shouldn't secure anything for anybody, especially when the rest of a well-rounded player's elements are out of whack.

If DCL continues to struggle and Rooney looks a world beater in his reserve action, you can always make a change.  But I think Rooney should have to earn his way back now.  And yes, maybe it is somewhat of a matter of lining up with our pre-conceived notions (ie, is Rooney "falling right back on his old, undisciplined Utd habits" or "trying too hard because he loves Everton too much").  Skeptic v. true believer.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 28, 2017, 08:03:00 PM
Reply #100

gizzblue

Who Niasse😅😅

October 28, 2017, 08:04:07 PM
Reply #101

gizzblue

All the better passing came while he was on the pitch though.
And stayed in his position ..yes?.

October 28, 2017, 10:17:15 PM
Reply #102

Evertonian in NC

"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 28, 2017, 10:58:30 PM
Reply #103

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

Agree with this but add that whilst his passing has been poor at times, it's also been by far the best in the team at times too. He seems to have phases in games where everything is either coming off or nothing is. But all in he has to stay in the team because he's our most creative player and our biggest goal threat all in one.

October 28, 2017, 11:10:01 PM
Reply #104

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Agree with this but add that whilst his passing has been poor at times, it's also been by far the best in the team at times too. He seems to have phases in games where everything is either coming off or nothing is. But all in he has to stay in the team because he's our most creative player and our biggest goal threat all in one.

Yeah i agree with that too. I wasn't calling for him to be dropped. Just surprised at the amount of easy passes he's been getting wrong recently