November 22, 2017, 01:32:39 AM

Author Topic: Leicester City v Everton  (Read 10042 times)

October 28, 2017, 11:22:10 PM
Reply #105

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Yes I dont think hes ideal as the number 9 anymore.

Re his Utd form, I can see why people think its a continuation therefore he wont change; but Id say hes been better for us and Id expect a better performing team (as we saw in the second half) to not be affected because he is or isnt doing x, y or z. At least not anymore than any other player.

If we had the money to go out and recruit heavily these next two windows, would you be looking to bring in different players for that attacking third?

Basically, would you be looking to replace Rooney from the starting XI? DCL? Or are they good enough for what we need?

October 29, 2017, 12:18:35 AM
Reply #106

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If we had the money to go out and recruit heavily these next two windows, would you be looking to bring in different players for that attacking third?

Basically, would you be looking to replace Rooney from the starting XI? DCL? Or are they good enough for what we need?

For an out and out striker yes.

Based on how hes played so far and assuming hell improve like everyone else as the team does Id be fine if Rooney is still in the attack somewhere.

October 29, 2017, 01:13:58 AM
Reply #107

blue1948

I haven't said I do. I was making an observation of his passing in recent games. A player of Rooney's experience should not be getting caught up in the 'trying to hard' motion. He's not a kid breaking through desperate to make it. He's a seasoned pro who has played in the biggest club games there are. You'd think he'd be able to bring a bit of calm to his game to improve
Sorry  piggy backed your post to answer someone else ,it wasn't directed at you or your comment .The trying to hard was though as I think with all that is going on for him ,he is using game time as an escape .

October 29, 2017, 01:59:15 AM
Reply #108

Cozzie

Have to really get our season back on track here and win. We will be in obscurity otherwise.

October 29, 2017, 02:04:10 AM
Reply #109

Coyb12

Anyone who has been to king power what's the parking situation like ta.

October 29, 2017, 04:29:45 AM
Reply #110

Toddacelli

Sorry bud - last time I went to Leicester was at Filbert Street!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 29, 2017, 05:16:43 AM
Reply #111

Coyb12

Sorry bud - last time I went to Leicester was at Filbert Street!
Same.

October 29, 2017, 01:06:42 PM
Reply #112

GrantyBoy78

A pen, goal from a corner, Id take anything - about time we had a bit of luck, too.

October 29, 2017, 01:38:53 PM
Reply #113

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I want to see a strong performance along with a result today. Let's see what an unsworth team is capable of

October 29, 2017, 02:00:03 PM
Reply #114

Lxxx

Ball over the top of our defence for Vardy scares the shit out of me like.

October 29, 2017, 02:24:24 PM
Reply #115

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

On a general point about the striker we might find it a bit easier in Jan / next summer as before we were looking for a very specific skill set.

Whoever is in charge may have a more general requirement from the striker so hopefully the pool of options is bigger.

October 29, 2017, 02:30:06 PM
Reply #116

TSGun

Bloody daylight savings, bloody 2:30am starts...

...oh well, small complaint. Looking forward to this one.

A win's coming soon, hopefully today.

October 29, 2017, 03:13:01 PM
Reply #117

Toddacelli

Gutted about this one already. Was taking my dad but the doctors and nurses at the home where he lives say he's not well enough to travel at the moment. We've both been looking forward to it for months as the nearest PL fixture to us.

Anyways - not wasting the ticket, there is another resident called John who's a Notts County fan and hates Forest, Derby, Leicester so I'm taking him instead and he can be an honourary Evertonian for today. Hope he has a great day out and sees Leicester getting smashed!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 29, 2017, 05:01:42 PM
Reply #118

eyesalwaysblue

I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 29, 2017, 05:11:25 PM
Reply #119

Rodenplav64

This is actually a difficult game . Appleton being an assistant has obviously been more hands on than Unsworth being with the U23's so Puel doesn't really have to do anything for this game . Unsworth has to pick the most confident and hard working 11 in the short term as opposed to the best ( out of form ) 11 on paper . There was enough in the Chelsea game , keeping it tight and then responding after going behind , to believe he can get the result today . 1-2 for us with Rooney and Lookman ( off the bench ) scoring .