November 15, 2018, 06:13:24 PM

Author Topic: Leicester City v Everton  (Read 28305 times)

October 29, 2017, 05:15:24 PM
Read 28305 times

ally2

Ball over the top of our defence for Vardy scares the shit out of me like.

Okazaki vs Kenny/Holgate/Martina too

October 29, 2017, 08:59:41 PM
Reply #1

ally2

First 11 back 5 with second 11 front 6 (I know what I mean anyway)

October 29, 2017, 09:07:54 PM
Reply #2

ally2

I don't see a lot going forward there. But the team is balanced. I would prefer sigurdsson and Rooney as the 10 and 9 over Rooney and DCL. I like the message that you stay if you perform though.

October 29, 2017, 09:13:54 PM
Reply #3

ally2

I have to say I'm confused by the Lennon love. I want him to do well of course. I just don't rate him much and the stats bear that out too. The main thing for me is that he is unquestionably the best player to support the development of Kenny.

October 29, 2017, 10:32:10 PM
Reply #4

ally2

Sports mania down for me for the last 20 mins. Small mercies.

October 30, 2017, 01:07:48 AM
Reply #5

ally2

Yeah but you're relentlessly negative about everything, so I'm gonna take that with a massive pinch of salt.

Leicester weren't going to throw players forward when they are 2-0 up at home in a new manager's first game were they?  Their job was done.

October 30, 2017, 01:31:36 AM
Reply #6

ally2

It's never that simple. Sometimes taking a forward or wide player off for a midfielder gets you more of the ball, and you become more attacking and create more chances.

If we'd stayed as open as we were 1st half, we could lost that 5-0. You might say 'what does it matter?' but it does matter. He was trying to get us control of the midfield and get another striker in the box in the hope that we scored next and made a game of it. It was a good decision, in my opinion and worked. Unfortunately one of our strikers is a young lad struggling a bit and the other is a loose cannon with very little technical ability.

Hmmm. But what about pace and width?  Have you watched much premier league recently? ;-)

I apologise. You were right about pace in defence but most were banging on about wingers. It's interesting though the number of myths that have debunked recently.