November 22, 2017, 03:01:25 PM

Author Topic: Leicester City v Everton  (Read 10162 times)

October 30, 2017, 01:43:54 AM
Reply #900

Lxxx

Don't worry about it, I get called an idiot regularly ;)

I do think pace in the forwards is important still but I think in this particular game the switch to a diamond worked.

I also get that people are feeling shit about the results, and worried about the situation and after the match a lot of people just want to vent because it's hard to watch and it hurts.

But I don't think, once things have calmed down, we should just say 'everything's shit' because there is a way out of this.

We should maybe switch to a Moyesian 451 for the time being, protect the defence better, work hard and try to graft a few results out, not just play on the front foot.

We need to build confidence before we start trying to play more expansive football.

4-5-1 demands a striker, or offensive player, that is disciplined, holds the ball up and is the fulcrum of the attacking play. We don't have that kind of player in the squad.

October 30, 2017, 01:44:18 AM
Reply #901

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I'd love to agree with you, I really would.

There are few questions in which Sam Allardyce is the right answer.

October 30, 2017, 01:45:12 AM
Reply #902

Heisenberg

If you had to pick one partner to help you complete a cold buffet who would it be?

October 30, 2017, 01:46:17 AM
Reply #903

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
If you had to pick one partner to help you complete a cold buffet who would it be?

In a game of Man versus Food which man would you nominate to win that battle?

October 30, 2017, 01:48:23 AM
Reply #904

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Heavy to hear Keane has been hospitalised with an infection on the gash on his leg.

Could be out for a while with an injury like that.

October 30, 2017, 01:49:45 AM
Reply #905

Bluedylan

4-5-1 demands a striker, or offensive player, that is disciplined, holds the ball up and is the fulcrum of the attacking play. We don't have that kind of player in the squad.

I think DCL and/or Rooney can do that job if you drum into them that they are going to be leading the line, don't drop deep and do a bit of a thankless task for the team.

I don't mean playing garbage football either. You can play some decent stuff with a 451 but just be much more compact and not be upset if we're 0-0 in games at HT. We need wins and clean sheets to build any sort of confidence.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 30, 2017, 01:52:02 AM
Reply #906

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Big love to you, Todd, and your dad, and John of course 👍🏼

@Django any idea of his thoughts on Lookman, Vlasic, and Sandro?

Not a clue mate. I'd suggest he would rate Lookman. As for Vlasic, I think he's got a knock.

Sandro - who knows. Looks like he plays with banana skins on his feet. Way off the standard necessary IMHO.

October 30, 2017, 01:52:41 AM
Reply #907

gizzblue

Who has a head like the freezer compartment of a Smeg fridge ??.

October 30, 2017, 01:52:53 AM
Reply #908

Toddacelli

Hate watching from behind the goal. Can't judge movement on the pitch from there. Although o be fair it didn't look like we had any!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 30, 2017, 01:53:14 AM
Reply #909

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Sad state of affairs when Niasse is our most dangerous player and is so offensively shite on the ball.

October 30, 2017, 02:08:39 AM
Reply #910

Evertonian in NC

Sad state of affairs when Niasse is our most dangerous player and is so offensively shite on the ball.

most dangerous is relative, yeah?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 30, 2017, 02:27:05 AM
Reply #911

TheTone

fixed

October 30, 2017, 02:34:00 AM
Reply #912

sam of the south

Who has a head like the freezer compartment of a Smeg fridge ??.

Imagine if he became manager.

We could get him and the equally behemoth-headed Joe Royle to butt heads like stags for the amusement of the players.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 30, 2017, 02:35:42 AM
Reply #913

gizzblue

Imagine if he became manager.

We could get him and the equally behemoth-headed Joe Royle to butt heads like stags for the amusement of the players.
Heads like a side of beef the pair of them .😅

October 30, 2017, 03:11:41 AM
Reply #914

john e

I can't remember when we shipped so many goals, in this many games! Also I think we can kiss Europe goodbye. After today's game I really think were in trouble, not because we lost, but the way we lost, Hang on brothers and sisters, its going to be a long season :(