November 19, 2017, 02:58:58 PM

Author Topic: Big Dunc  (Read 1739 times)

October 27, 2017, 06:56:54 PM
Reply #15

formerKHL

TBH I've often asked myself what Duncs role actually is...

he cant be THE first team coach as that's what RM & RK and now DU get paid for....

he cant be our "forward/attacking" coach ? as we've practically been shite for some years in that department apart from Lukaku...

he cant be our defensive coach...for obvious reasons.....

I reckon he's there purely as a "feel good factor/motivator" coach whilst he undertaking his badges..as you never see him off the bench giving direction to the players.....or if he has I've missed it....

deCoubertin

October 27, 2017, 07:00:41 PM
Reply #16

Lxxx

he cant be THE first team coach as that's what RM & RK and now DU get paid for....

he cant be our "forward/attacking" coach ? as we've practically been shite for some years in that department apart from Lukaku...

I reckon he's there purely as a "feel good factor/motivator" coach whilst he undertaking his badges..as you never see him off the bench giving direction to the players.....or if he has I've missed it....

Pretty much. He's just a relatively low paid general coach while, as you say, undertaking his qualifications. I don't see why the guy who started the thread can't see that and thinks it might be a such a big deal.

October 27, 2017, 07:03:38 PM
Reply #17

BlueForYou

How long has he been doing these badges and how long does it take?

We need motivation and to feel good, that's for sure

No big deal - come on, Dunc!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 27, 2017, 07:11:01 PM
Reply #18

boothill

He''s our Bez

October 27, 2017, 07:25:36 PM
Reply #19

chang

Managers need a link between themselves and the players - DF is perfect for this role?

October 27, 2017, 08:01:22 PM
Reply #20

formerKHL

How long has he been doing these badges and how long does it take?

We need motivation and to feel good, that's for sure

No big deal - come on, Dunc!

It can take up to 5 years if he goes right up to pro licence it's basically dependant on Duncan himself and how much time he puts into it and when/if he can get his coaching hours in....if it was me i'd go up to Scotland get a job with a lower league club as head coach and get work through up to me pro licence..it's "easier" to get up there...

October 27, 2017, 08:06:36 PM
Reply #21

Trowel

So just to summarise the question:

We don't know what Dunc's role is or how well he's doing it, but should he be sacked anyway?
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

October 27, 2017, 08:09:24 PM
Reply #22

formerKHL

So just to summarise the question:

We don't know what Dunc's role is or how well he's doing it, but should he be sacked anyway?

NO WE LOVE HIM...

October 27, 2017, 08:12:06 PM
Reply #23

BlueForYou

And he loves us!

I thought Moyes had sent him to Largs? Plus when Moyes left, Ferguson was Kendall's choice for manager
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 27, 2017, 08:12:54 PM
Reply #24

Ross

I think the money he’s taken out of the club for 22 or 23 years now far outweighs what he’s put back in, that’s my opinion

Same with the toffelady.

No way she’s working for free.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 27, 2017, 08:26:44 PM
Reply #25

ajax_andy

The point?

Good, bad or indifferent, the board will keep him as coach, no more than that and nothing wrong with that, unless it prevents us from appointing a top class manager - new broom sweeps clean, etc.....................

Why is it a stupid thread?

It's a stupid thread as non of us have any idea what his influence behind the scenes is, and therefore how much that has been a direct result of the performances of the team under the last 2 managers... chances are though it's slim to negligible.  So to speculate if he should be sacked or not is ridiculous, it's not even worthy of the effort it took to type out the question

October 27, 2017, 08:55:48 PM
Reply #26

BlueForYou

The fact that none of us have any idea what goes on behind the scenes or what his role actually is makes it more worthwhile to discuss

The same could be said of Steve Walsh

Keep it simple, stupid!

Harry Catterick

October 27, 2017, 09:28:15 PM
Reply #27

ajax_andy

The fact that none of us have any idea what goes on behind the scenes or what his role actually is makes it more worthwhile to discuss

The same could be said of Steve Walsh

Keep it simple, stupid!

But no one can discuss something when they have no idea on the subject? ;)

October 27, 2017, 09:30:14 PM
Reply #28

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon we probably employee quite a few coaches to be honest. He'll just be the highest profile one (he does a fair amount of media work - more than when he was captain anyway).

He's not part of the backroom staff any more than the kitman is. So whoever the manager is is irrelevant.

October 27, 2017, 09:47:34 PM
Reply #29

BlueForYou

No idea on the subject?

His job title is: First Team Coach

Job description: Should be self-explanatory - doesn't appear to be in this case

Incoming manager irrelevant? Should be working together everyday - team work

No more part of the backroom staff than the kit man? Media man he must be!

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 09:59:32 PM by BlueForYou »

Harry Catterick