November 19, 2017, 08:44:26 AM

Author Topic: [News]Gana close to new deal  (Read 832 times)

October 30, 2017, 07:48:42 AM
Reply #15

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Then why where these two players so good last year ?
They were far from perfect last year. Gana was great before he went to the ACL not as good when he came back. Schneiderlin was very decent but neither really controlled the midfield like we see from the top clubs.

This is why we will eventually need to upgrade as I originally said.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

deCoubertin

October 30, 2017, 03:10:03 PM
Reply #16

di_guyo

What am I reading? We're turning on Gana now, really? Really? Jesus christ.

Give him a proper manager and we'll see how he plays - he's been a shining light through absolute shite.

Unbelievable.
Everton & Atleti

October 30, 2017, 03:36:35 PM
Reply #17

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
What am I reading? We're turning on Gana now, really? Really? Jesus christ.

Give him a proper manager and we'll see how he plays - he's been a shining light through absolute shite.

Unbelievable.

Hes been very poor this year - I think hes escaped serious criticism because he has an energetic style.

But hes not made anywhere near as many useful tackles and hes been very poor on the ball.

I agree that if the new manager realises that he needs a sitting ball player (Schneiderlin waves - when he regains form) behind him then he can hopefully get back to what he was like when he first came.

October 30, 2017, 05:39:42 PM
Reply #18

hill135

I said this in his first season and got jumped on.

His limited style is an anachronism. He's not disciplined enough to act as a sitting midfielder and he's not good enough on the ball to be useful in both phases of the game.

We need to find a system which can make better use of him or get a more rounded midfielder and play Gueye in the more difficult games.

October 30, 2017, 07:20:44 PM
Reply #19

van der Meyde

It's hardly rewriting history to criticise his performances last year. People have been citing his limitations since at least September of last season.

In the second half of last season, if Schneiderlin was fit then Gueye was getting hooked early more often than not.

Half the goals we concede are because opposition teams cut through our midfield like it doesn't exist. If the defensive midfielders aren't at least partly responsible for that, just who exactly do you think is?

October 30, 2017, 07:47:37 PM
Reply #20

ally2

I think we've got enough issues without turning on Gueye. In struggling to think what they might be though.

Oh wait a minute I've remembered now:

Pace in central defence
No decent left back
No decent right back available
Very patchy wingers
No centre forward
No demonstrable system of play
No manager

October 30, 2017, 08:04:36 PM
Reply #21

everton1952

Criticizing players who are not playing well or even badly is not "turning on them". The reasons, for example Gueye being several shades of awful to rather poor this season could be many, including general team malaise, Koeman, lousy tactics, or just that Gueye , shone for a while after he signed and has failed to recover that form. In his early months here, he was compared by some with Kante, which was as ludicrous to say then as now. Schneiderlin is getting stick, same comments above apply to him; he was a wonderful signing according to some, but now is heavily criticized. What else can supporters do when mega money footballers play badly and the team is sinking? Get behind them and support them of course. If only that was the simple solution.