November 19, 2018, 11:31:17 PM

Author Topic: Interesting article...is it fair?  (Read 2576 times)

October 29, 2017, 02:49:01 PM
Read 2576 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Nope and that's why the appointment of the next manager is huge.I think if we make unsy manager it's smacks of small time to me and we need to clear the decks of all this family fucking club shit how many clubs have a core of ex players running though it,we can forget about top managers and players like Sanchez and Ancholotti coming here unless Moshiri grows a pair starts sorting us out and the first thing is to take Kenwright and elstone out of the picture.

To be fair, Bayern, BarÁa, Real Madrid, Ajax always have strong former player representation

October 29, 2017, 04:00:44 PM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Just another condescending article,the walkthrough of our history over the last 50 years is nothing any half knowledgeable blue wouldnt know or care about.We as a club have reached the heights being the Merseyside millionaires under the Moores in the 60,s/70,s and a great manager in the 80,s.To get us out of this cosy mediocre media perception,we need a combination of both cash and leader as yet the two havent combined.

Itís written for Americans (or more specifically new supporters of football).

October 29, 2017, 04:07:43 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I understand what you are saying mate but they have a history of winning quite a lot,and the stature of player is a lot different we are thinking about Unsworth Madrid had Zidane I know that's a bit unfair but for me it needs to change.

Not saying that we should or shouldnít have former players as managers. We should always aim for the best.

Some times the best will be external sometimes there will be scenarios where having someone who knows the club means that they will work better than a seemingly better external option.

But I meant that they have former players throughout the club from youth coaches to board members.

Thatís because they recognise the importance of putting across the clubís values, traditions and links to supporter expectations etc.

Fans are obviously the most continuous presence at a club but they very rarely have any say in decision making etc. Former players are the most representative alternative.