November 22, 2017, 09:57:00 AM

Author Topic: Sanchez wanted  (Read 1562 times)

October 29, 2017, 03:21:30 PM
Reply #15

GrantyBoy78

Giroud was an an attainable target, Costa was not. Hated England, hated London - informed his agent he only wanted a return to Madrid. Couldn’t offer him anywhere near what Chinese clubs were offering.

Get the point ‘if you don’t ask, you don’t get’ but he was never coming and we wasted valuable time and so ended up with no one - which everyone agrees was utterly negligent.

deCoubertin

October 29, 2017, 03:22:24 PM
Reply #16

GrantyBoy78

Oh, and Sanchez is a cunt...

October 29, 2017, 03:24:50 PM
Reply #17

MmmBlueRamirez

People moaned when we showed no ambition.

Folk are still moaning now that we’re showing ambition.

Everton that.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 29, 2017, 03:27:19 PM
Reply #18

Toddacelli

Never thought this thread was for Alexi. Fully expected to open the thread and find something along the lines of:

"...Everton are interested in bringing 16 year-old Preston North End full-back Barry Sanchez to Goodison Park. The teenage sensation...."

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 29, 2017, 04:18:58 PM
Reply #19

Ross

Would or wouldn’t this be a Steve Walsh signing?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 29, 2017, 04:31:35 PM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Seems he's finally listened to our podcasts from the summer then!

I remember you saying that to be fair and for a brief moment before the reality of our money and the market became clear I even hoped it was possible.

Heady times. heady, I'll-informed times.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 29, 2017, 04:38:35 PM
Reply #21

Makis

Sounds like some guys in this thread have never gone for a girl that’s out of their league.

Afterwards you feel like a real twat & your mates are laughing at you.

No, not me. A mate of mine once.

October 29, 2017, 04:42:45 PM
Reply #22

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Wouldn't want him as mad as it seems.

Really don't like the way we're just throwing money about without any real thought.

That's how we're in the position were in now.

October 29, 2017, 04:54:19 PM
Reply #23

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Got to be in it to win it. As long as we don't hang our hat on him like we did with Giroud then there's no harming in an approach. I never thought even a on his way to retirement Eto would play for us and he did

October 29, 2017, 04:56:25 PM
Reply #24

Rhys

People moaned when we showed no ambition.

Folk are still moaning now that we’re showing ambition.

Everton that.

There's showing ambition, then there is being daft.

One of the best players in the world wanting to leave a club who has been in the CL every year bar 1 in the last 20 years, won 3 FA Cups recently but wants to leave them because he doesnt believe they can win the league or the CL. There is not one argument, even throwing 500k a week at him, that would make him consider coming to us when he can sign a pre contract with Bayern, PSG or whoever in January and still get about 250k-300k a week.

Ambition is going after the best players we might have a chance of getting, it's delusion to think Sanchez would think about coming to us.

October 29, 2017, 05:00:38 PM
Reply #25

Lxxx

Sounds like some guys in this thread have never gone for a girl that’s out of their league.

There is that and then there is messaging Megan Fox on Twitter hoping she replies and agrees to you asking to meet up for a drink.

October 29, 2017, 05:07:41 PM
Reply #26

AllyBlue14

As Rhys says, there's a difference between ambition and delusion.

If the Tranmere chairman said they were going to win the Champions League in 5 years' time, he'd be a laughing stock.

This is about as likely - we're managerless, out of one cup already and it'll take a miracle to achieve what we originally set out to in the other 2 competitions we've entered so far this season.

We'd all love a player of Sanchez's quality here but I don't think Everton is where he fancies making his last significant move. Unless he has some long-lost soft spot for Everton Chile and this is what he's been building towards his whole career.

October 29, 2017, 05:12:51 PM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
There's showing ambition, then there is being daft.

One of the best players in the world wanting to leave a club who has been in the CL every year bar 1 in the last 20 years, won 3 FA Cups recently but wants to leave them because he doesnt believe they can win the league or the CL. There is not one argument, even throwing 500k a week at him, that would make him consider coming to us when he can sign a pre contract with Bayern, PSG or whoever in January and still get about 250k-300k a week.

Ambition is going after the best players we might have a chance of getting, it's delusion to think Sanchez would think about coming to us.

Can I offer you some trite and hollow words about ambition?

In all seriousness Thai should be the end of the thread and we should never mention it again.

Also he's the wrong age and a bad injury. Money spent better elsewhere.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 29, 2017, 05:23:41 PM
Reply #28

bigac

Not good enough for us.

October 29, 2017, 05:28:26 PM
Reply #29

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Wouldn't want him as mad as it seems.

Really don't like the way we're just throwing money about without any real thought.

That's how we're in the position were in now.

Have we actually 'thrown money about'? Apart from that short 🙄 discussion about the price we paid for Sigurdsson every one else looks good value or has potential or are cheaper 'stop gap'  signings.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.