November 25, 2017, 03:46:30 PM

Author Topic: Sanchez wanted  (Read 1604 times)

October 29, 2017, 06:33:18 PM
Reply #30

blueski

Donít think its the bids that are the issue; itís the time spent with them

Why not drop a hopeful bid?

The problem we had was that we spent too much time chasing the unrealistic ones and didnít spend the majority of time on the realistic ones
Nil Satis

deCoubertin

October 29, 2017, 06:38:14 PM
Reply #31

Robioto

What a load of Bollocks.

October 29, 2017, 07:55:46 PM
Reply #32

Martip

People moaned when we showed no ambition.

Folk are still moaning now that weíre showing ambition.

Everton that.
There is showing ambition then doing things for show. The club's hierarchy know that they dont have a cat in hells chance of signing sanchez but will again try and use it as good PR....unfortunatly for so many years this has been the Everton way. I remember when we were apparantly after moutinho.... funnily enough he was up for it and bill shit himself as he didn't have the money leaving him high and dry.

October 29, 2017, 07:57:35 PM
Reply #33

KoemansNumberTens

Donít think its the bids that are the issue; itís the time spent with them

Why not drop a hopeful bid?

The problem we had was that we spent too much time chasing the unrealistic ones and didnít spend the majority of time on the realistic ones

Because there is no hope unless our financial situation or wage structure has completely changed. We've 2 chances of getting Sanchez. We either offer him at least double what he can get anywhere else. 500-600-700k a week and even then there's a good chance he wouldn't be interested or we offer him what city offer players. 300k a week plus the chance to play with another 500m worth of talent each week and win titles. Which unfortunately isn't our financial situation. If we've neither of these to offer him then what's the point of a hopeful bid.

October 29, 2017, 07:58:45 PM
Reply #34

KoemansNumberTens

There is showing ambition then doing things for show. The club's hierarchy know that they dont have a cat in hells chance of signing sanchez but will again try and use it as good PR....unfortunatly for so many years this has been the Everton way. I remember when we were apparantly after moutinho.... funnily enough he was up for it and bill shit himself as he didn't have the money leaving him high and dry.

Alan smith but only after Utd had agreed a deal and Alan shearer for less than Newcastle agreed to pay. We don't even pretend well

October 29, 2017, 08:01:58 PM
Reply #35

blue1948

People moaned when we showed no ambition.

Folk are still moaning now that weíre showing ambition.

Everton that.
Not Everton just the fans

October 29, 2017, 08:57:16 PM
Reply #36

kramer0

I don't see why we don't just work harder at trying to identify the next Sanchez or Costa.

Paying for the best backroom staff -- scouts, data analysts, etc. -- would surely pay more dividends than chasing after every huge name who's about to leave their club.

October 29, 2017, 09:05:13 PM
Reply #37

di_guyo

Imagine...if you get frustrated at Arsenal, image playing in this Everton team.
Everton & Atleti

October 29, 2017, 09:21:22 PM
Reply #38

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Yay, another number 10
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 29, 2017, 09:22:37 PM
Reply #39

gizzblue

Yay, another number 10
On what planet does he play as a ten ?...generally off the wing or wide forward. .surely

October 29, 2017, 09:30:27 PM
Reply #40

Lxxx

I don't see why we don't just work harder at trying to identify the next Sanchez or Costa.

Paying for the best backroom staff -- scouts, data analysts, etc. -- would surely pay more dividends than chasing after every huge name who's about to leave their club.

This will be Walshís remit. Moshiri however may want to make statements.

October 29, 2017, 09:35:11 PM
Reply #41

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It's funny, I just glanced at this thread and got all excited. Then I remembered I was the one who started it.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

October 30, 2017, 12:03:02 AM
Reply #42

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
How embarrassing. Massively going off Moshiri recently. Dont think he has a fucking clue.
I have to return some videotapes.

October 30, 2017, 12:04:47 AM
Reply #43

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
How embarrassing. Massively going off Moshiri recently. Dont think he has a fucking clue.

At least we'll have the best stadium in the Conference...
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

October 30, 2017, 12:20:55 AM
Reply #44

KoemansNumberTens

Think he knows fuck all about football which is fine if he realises that. I suspect he thinks himself a bit of an expert. Great for the business side of the club. Weve managed to make the football side shambolic instead though