November 22, 2017, 01:30:11 PM

Author Topic: Baines makes me sad  (Read 1961 times)

October 30, 2017, 02:47:36 AM
Reply #30

KoemansNumberTens

Are we just too sentimental. Howard stayed way too long, Baines the same, rooney coming back. Do we struggle to make the big decisions on players we love?

deCoubertin

October 30, 2017, 02:49:12 AM
Reply #31

Lxxx

i'd sack footie in if we signed that wanker

I'd sack footie off if we didn't sign a replacement for him.

October 30, 2017, 02:49:20 AM
Reply #32

TheTone

Why what's wrong with Luke shaw?

Ashley Young gets played ahead of him, injury prone, runs like a pregnant woman and has a face that I would like to slap

October 30, 2017, 02:53:43 AM
Reply #33

kramer0

What's really messed up here is that we've hardly even flirted with the idea of signing a replacement.

Left back links have been few and far between over the past three or four years. The people in charge of this past summer's window thought a LCB/LB hybrid would do. Madness.

October 30, 2017, 03:06:37 AM
Reply #34

Evertonian in NC

What's really messed up here is that we've hardly even flirted with the idea of signing a replacement.

Left back links have been few and far between over the past three or four years. The people in charge of this past summer's window thought a LCB/LB hybrid would do. Madness.

And they didn't even get one of those (hybrids).
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 30, 2017, 03:08:13 AM
Reply #35

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Talking of hybrids, even a fucking Prius would do a better job at the moment.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 30, 2017, 03:32:12 AM
Reply #36

Lxxx

We did. We offered a contract to Kolasinac but he chose Arsenal. Looks a steal.

October 30, 2017, 03:39:42 AM
Reply #37

KoemansNumberTens

He was a free transfer. Most of them are a steal. I can't believe no one thought it important to sign a left back. Our recruitment hasn't just been bad it's been inept. As if the people doing it didn't know the value of players, didn't know what we required, didn't even know what was required to put a competent 11 out. It's just plain odd. Who thought we could get away without a striker for half a season. Or without a competent full back. Or without a senior winger the manager wanted to pick. They should give people their money back on season tickets. It's not that we are shit. That's sport. We actually aren't capable of playing a fit for purpose 11

October 30, 2017, 03:49:10 AM
Reply #38

Toddacelli

I'd like us to sign Chilwell but after they played us off the park today - why would he come here?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 30, 2017, 03:57:51 AM
Reply #39

Tony Clifton

Baines has been making me sad for a while now.  Why the fuck can't we just phase players out?  The nearest thing Baines has ever had to competition for his place is Oviedo.  To be fair to Oviedo, at least he looked arsed.  Baines has had that "I could be doing something else" look on his face for a few years now. 

Garbutt?  Hasn't he been out on loan fifteen times or something?  Now he's back again, plodding along for the u23s.

October 30, 2017, 04:59:25 AM
Reply #40

ally2

I don't rate Luke Shaw at all but we are desperate and ti would suit all parties for him to come here in January.  Tell him he'll get a contract if he plays well enough knowing full well we won't and will instead get someone else in the summer.

October 30, 2017, 05:19:43 AM
Reply #41

kramer0

True. Forgot about him.

October 30, 2017, 05:21:23 AM
Reply #42

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Why what's wrong with Luke shaw?

He's a fat shite

October 30, 2017, 05:34:44 AM
Reply #43

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He's phoning it in.

Looks like he's lost the passion for the game and is just going through the motions.

Doesn't have it in him to be the influence he should be at this stage in his career.

Starting to massively question his attitude.

October 30, 2017, 05:39:39 AM
Reply #44

KoemansNumberTens

He's phoning it in.

Looks like he's lost the passion for the game and is just going through the motions.

Doesn't have it in him to be the influence he should be at this stage in his career.

Starting to massively question his attitude.

Fuck knows. I really barely watch football other than us. He played well against us last season though and from the little I read seemed to pick up at least for a little while. Past that I've no real clue past he used to be quite good