November 21, 2017, 11:41:11 PM

Author Topic: Rooney...  (Read 1811 times)

October 30, 2017, 03:03:09 AM
Reply #15

Evertonian in NC

I think there's a clear line in the sand when it comes to people's opinions of Rooney and that won't change. He shouldn't be playing week in week out no but he is our most creative player right now and was the only person creating any sort of threat. If someone else can do that then great but for all his flaws, right now it's difficult to see who comes in and does better.

I'd be far less annoyed if we didn't in fact do this - week in, week out, almost never dropping or resting him.  He'd be more effective if his minutes were managed, and if our team revolves around him, we're in big trouble.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

deCoubertin

October 30, 2017, 03:05:40 AM
Reply #16

Coyb12

Rooney is the best football player we have bar  fucking none,but then some utter turds we have as supporters were actually saying today they would take him off and put that twat of a player Niasse on ffs.

October 30, 2017, 03:08:35 AM
Reply #17

KoemansNumberTens

Rooney is the best football player we have bar  fucking none,but then some utter turds we have as supporters were actually saying today they would take him off and put that twat of a player Niasse on ffs.

He's not better than barkley, coleman or bolasie. He's probably better than anything we can currently field which is frightening because he's not actually very good anymore

October 30, 2017, 03:10:22 AM
Reply #18

Heisenberg

He's not better than barkley, coleman or bolasie. He's probably better than anything we can currently field which is frightening because he's not actually very good anymore

Sigurdson also better. Although that being said, Siggurdson is ineffective without a proper striker infront of him

October 30, 2017, 03:26:51 AM
Reply #19

D_murph0278

Sorry if it wasn't clear.

Id like him to have discipline and keep his position. This would stop DCL being isolated and when the ball is in the centre, there would be a forward pass available, thus linking midfield and attack.

Exactly this..... I'm not saying he doesn't or can't create from anywhere else on the pitch, but he's in the team as no.10.
His job is to support the forward line and link Davies and Gueye plus the wingers and create chances or score.
As I said, he's playing ok at the moment, but we do need more of a threat when the ball gets to the edge of the area. More often than not he's playing the ball in to DCL or even worse, spreading it wide to Kenny or Baines to cross it in to fucking no-one.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

October 30, 2017, 03:56:14 AM
Reply #20

Toddacelli

I think we're missing a trick by not playing 2 strikers - Rooney and Niasse in a 4-4-2.

The old big-man/little-man opposites dynamic that used to work so well could be reinvented as the fast-chaos/slow-precision dynamic.

Niasse tearing it up, chasing everyone down and ouncing it off his shins and Rooney using the space created and his intelligence to take advantage of the situation.

In addition - you could get Sigurdsson in there as wel in a 4-4-2

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 30, 2017, 04:02:54 AM
Reply #21

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If the midfield could actually pass it forwards I doubt heíd drop as deep.

October 30, 2017, 04:06:20 AM
Reply #22

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think we're missing a trick by not playing 2 strikers - Rooney and Niasse in a 4-4-2.

The old big-man/little-man opposites dynamic that used to work so well could be reinvented as the fast-chaos/slow-precision dynamic.

Niasse tearing it up, chasing everyone down and ouncing it off his shins and Rooney using the space created and his intelligence to take advantage of the situation.

I think Rooney if played up top needs to be in a 2. Even that first game with Rooney and Sandro seemed to work to an extent.

With our squad, it should be considered.

October 30, 2017, 04:10:41 AM
Reply #23

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Overall, itís just a weird situation with Rooney. Every game seems a microcosm of what the pluses and negatives are. He sets up Lennon, something nobody else seemingly attempts to do....but also sets up Mahrez.

Despite the pass to Lennon though, I donít think itís helping us with him so deep. Small moments aside, the attack just falls apart and we donít have nearly enough players in he box.

October 30, 2017, 04:13:33 AM
Reply #24

Coyb12

Sigurdson also better. Although that being said, Siggurdson is ineffective without a proper striker infront of him
Sigurdson is dross and we be shipped out within 12mths twat of a signing.

October 30, 2017, 05:39:35 AM
Reply #25

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If the midfield could actually pass it forwards I doubt heíd drop as deep.

Yep.

He took it upon himself to drop deep and get some possession going and it worked for us.

I want him in the final 3rd and he still has the quality infront of goal. But while the midfield can't string two passes together and create anything he has to drop deep.

I'd like to think sigurdson could do that role for us but he's not that type of player.

October 30, 2017, 03:30:13 PM
Reply #26

Rodenplav64

Calvert - Lewin shouldn't be starting games as he is nowhere near experienced enough to do it . Koeman put way too much on the lads shoulders and may well have ruined not improved the ability he has .

October 30, 2017, 03:48:36 PM
Reply #27

GrantyBoy78

Calvert - Lewin shouldn't be starting games as he is nowhere near experienced enough to do it . Koeman put way too much on the lads shoulders and may well have ruined not improved the ability he has .
I donít think it was Koemanís preference to play a 19 year old kid that isnt ready.

October 30, 2017, 03:53:35 PM
Reply #28

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Must be massively frustrating for Rooney when nobody else is capable of putting their foot on the ball. Sure he is going to make mistakes but he is the only player we have who is actively looking for the ball and trying to make something happen. The only one of the senior players actually busting a gut and trying.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 30, 2017, 03:58:59 PM
Reply #29

Waltzer

Think you might have something, although id prefer us to go 3,5,2. Both fullbacks are not the best so lets load the midfield and at least try to score a goal